• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Thread: Plus What? PLUS EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldrusher

Hey Look at this

25% off for all purchasers and yes of course, you can stack the 12 months on top of your current subscription.
The discount on the 12 month subscription will be available from September 5th, also for two weeks.
Awesome.

Good timing too.

You'll only miss Rock of Ages and Dead Space 2 if you wait 3 more weeks to subscribe.

Nice, my subscription ends the 6th.

On the PS3, FYI. On the Vita you have to redownload minis after they expire.

Same as on the PSP then. Back in the day you could start them up on your PS3 so that the date changed and then transfer them to your psp, but sadly they removed that transfer option.

I remember there was a trick: if you signed in with your PSP to the Store, you could start to redownload a minis, he will first activate the content and then start to download it, then you can cancel it. Because, while activating the content, the PSP downloads the .RTF file (that's the license file containing the expiry date). When you cancel your download the previous .RTF file is already replaced by the new one. Your orginal game data (EBOOT.PBP) isn't changed. Instead of downloading MB's of minis (or transferring them from your PS3), you just had to download some kb's.

Since I don't own a Vita, I don't whether it will work, but it's worth a shot.

Sagitario

Is the Sound Shape discount over? I wanted to buy it last night but there wasn't any sight of a cheaper price.

Also, I got a message about getting $10 back in September. How does that work?

witness

Well I'm getting a new PS3 today after work as my 40gb was the victim of a power surge and I needed some advice. Is the 160gb slim big enough for U.S. PS+ downloads or would you guys recommend getting the 320gb model?

Well I'm getting a new PS3 today after work as my 40gb was the victim of a power surge and I needed some advice. Is the 160gb slim big enough for PS+ downloads or would you guys recommend getting the 320gb model?

Just buy the 160gb then buy a 500gb or 1TB hdd for it.
3AQmK.gif
It's very easy to install a new hdd.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Well I'm getting a new PS3 today after work as my 40gb was the victim of a power surge and I needed some advice. Is the 160gb slim big enough for U.S. PS+ downloads or would you guys recommend getting the 320gb model?

I would recommend either getting the 160GB version and then upgrading the HDD or getting the 320GB model (and eventually upgrading the HDD, haha).

If you're in the UK/EU, don't subscribe until Sept as it will be 25% off a years sub.

jcm

I don't think 160 is enough. Whether you buy the 320 or upgrade yourself is up to you. For $300 you can get a 320GB with Madden 13, Uncharted 3, or Modern Warfare 3. If you want one of those games I would do that. If not, I'd probably buy the 160GB for $250 and replace it with a 500GB drive for $70.

AndyD

aka andydumi
In the XMB go to the game and press triangle, there you will find the option to turn uploading on/off .

Ugh, I can't believe I didn't think of that. Guess I was trying to make it too complicated. Thanks!

The drawback with that is that it also turns off uploading of the smaller actual save data, the progress/outfits... But once you have money and a nicely maxed out roster, its irrelevant. An ild save will be just fine. Then again, completion may be server side since the game is so plugged in to the network.

Shiloa

160 is enough if you are only going to download a few and play through them. If you hoard them on your HDD it won't be enough.

Will US subscribers get the free EU games later?

I would love to have Dead Space 2 and Borderlands :)

Had a 500GB HDD in my PS3 since launch and its finally getting some love since all this free shit from E3!

jvm

Gamasutra.
Will US subscribers get the free EU games later?

I would love to have Dead Space 2 and Borderlands :)

Had a 500GB HDD in my PS3 since launch and its finally getting some love since all this free shit from E3!
We're all currently waiting to see what happens in September.

I haven't been following as closely as I should be... did we (U.S. people) get the increased cloud storage? When I checked the other night my PS3 was still saying 150MB.

I'm trying to upgrade my hard drive. In order to do that, I need to deactivate my system. I have two other system activated under my account.

I was planning on deactivating one other system along with the one I'm upgrading, but I need to log into that other system to get rid of it. Which I cannot.

So by deactivating this current one, I'm afraid I will not be able to reactivate my PS+ account, since it will be at the maximum limit of 2 accounts.

Any help?

EDIT: I seem to have found an option to deactivate all at once via computer. This should work.

cakefoo

I don't think they'd use the love/hate hint to describe a game that had a polarizing reception on release-- that would be admitting a game won't appeal at all to some people. So I'm going to guess that the reason some may hate the update is because they already own said game- maybe even purchased it in the last week...

IrishNinja

i really gotta catch a deal on ebay or something to re-up next time, default rate is no good.

a friend was saying they're offering (offered?) the Castlevania PSN game, Harmony of Dissonance or whatever, is that true? that and Moon Diver are the ones i'm really hoping to catch for free at some point, maybe a discount on Okami or NiGHTs but i dont know how likely those are either.

i really gotta catch a deal on ebay or something to re-up next time, default rate is no good.

a friend was saying they're offering (offered?) the Castlevania PSN game, Harmony of Dissonance or whatever, is that true? that and Moon Diver are the ones i'm really hoping to catch for free at some point, maybe a discount on Okami or NiGHTs but i dont know how likely those are either.

A little while ago they offered the PSX versions of Castlevania Chronicles and SYmphony of the Night free for PS+ members. That might be what your friend is remembering.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Stuff like borderlands/deadspace 2/war hammer 40k all sound great to be added to plus but I can't imagine anyone who gave the slightest shit about those games didn't either already rent them or buy some used physical copy for 5-15$.

Izick

You'd be surprised. Besides Borderlands (which I had at launch), both those games sounded interesting to me, but weren't worth the time to go out and pick them up. That sounds lazy and fuck, and it probably is, but when it's on Plus, it's as simple as downloading it for free.

oldmario

I think it's glitched for some games. For instance, it kept uploading my Skyrim saves even though I turned it off.

Does it for me as well when i've been playing dark souls which i think is like 8mb and i have 7mb remaining which is stupid because you'd think it would delete the old save then upload the new one

Derrick01

Banned
Stuff like borderlands/deadspace 2/war hammer 40k all sound great to be added to plus but I can't imagine anyone who gave the slightest shit about those games didn't either already rent them or buy some used physical copy for 5-15$.

For the majority of the generation I played multiplatform games on 360 and then bought them all on PC when I went to that in late 2010. So if they give these games away on ps3 it doesn't necessarily bring excitement to me since I've played them 1 or 2 times already but since I'm a trophy whore it usually gives enough motivation to start them again. Me and a friend of mine would love to play Borderlands 1 again on PS3, it'd be an easy platinum and get us ready for Borderlands 2.

well to be fair plus isn't really aimed at people who get everything at launch.

as for me I just don't have the time to get the games at launch and its a blast for me :D - when I get round to it to play DS2 or Infamous.

For me, Boderlands and Darksiders were games i always wanted to play but never got round to buying or playing so i have had a fantastic time playing both of those. Plus it gives me an opportunity to play these before the 2nd games that are out now.

I would never buy a game like borderlands or warhammer 40k. Having plus let me try them out. Didn't care for them, but is nice to know for sure.

I've already purchased the walking dead season (albeit on PC).

Look either way Sony can't win. Release a big name game? Lots of complaining from people who have already got it. Release something more obscure? People complain that it is not a big name game.

People need to judge it over a length of time. To me there has been more then enough for everybody (and that includes US and EU..remember EU got Outlander first).
Having said that, my E3 induced subscription runs out in a day or two. Will see what is coming up before resubscribing.

Izick

The thing that really sucks is that I'm going to have to either re-buy Episode 1 of Walking Dead, or renew my PS + subscription whenever a new episode comes out, regardless of how I feel about the current content.

Massa

Does it for me as well when i've been playing dark souls which i think is like 8mb and i have 7mb remaining which is stupid because you'd think it would delete the old save then upload the new one

You don't ever delete an older version before writing the new one.

I'll let mine run out. Glad I got a 3 month trail and didn't commit to the full year. May resub again if more big retail titles are added in the future. Service was great in the beginning but I wasn't happy with it after the first month.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'll let mine run out. Glad I got a 3 month trail and didn't commit to the full year. May resub again if more big retail titles are added in the future. Service was great in the beginning but I wasn't happy with it after the first month.
Did you make sure to turn off auto-renew? On your PS3:

PlayStation Network > Account management > Transaction Management > Services List > PlayStation Plus > PlayStation Plus [Subscription] - Cancel Automatic Renewal.

spwolf

i cant understand how to play EP1 Walking dead... it seems like i downloaded a demo not purchased game as it tries to get me to buy it from store... are there some license instructions? I tried both my account and account that purchased it (both on same PS3), and nothing works. It is annoying that I have to go through 5 minute intro gameplay before I get to try it again.

Aru

Well I always wait for an offer before subscribing again.
First time I subscribed (last year), I waited until the 15 months for 12 offer to was about to end to be a member.
Because of the PSN hack, my original sub ends on September 3rd 2012 but since someone solds annual passes for 30$ on ebay a few weeks ago, I jumped on the offer.
I think I'll wait for a similar offer before renewing next year.

spwolf

maybe they need to up the subscription for some of us to $20/month and get more big games :).

As it is, I want more big games BUT at the same time, I am paying $5 per month so I cant complain.

Mario007

I wonder what US will get a game of month? I mean it's gonna be really tough to compete with Red Dead Redemption so I guess people will be disappointed either way.

Having said that EU plus seems to go more PSN heavy in the following months so maybe that's when US will go more BR heavy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom