• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Thread: Plus What? PLUS EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldfoot

Banned
Is it plain jane Borderlands or does it include all the DLC?
I platinumed the regular version, but did not get the DLC so that would be great if they gave that away as well.

netguy503

We're playing Borderlands together. You have no choice. I already have the game and beat it with my siren but need somebody to play the other classes with since my ex doesnt play with me.

But you didn't share the love of Battle Royale with me. :) (just kidding)

Edit: BTW, I have all the DLC and need help on that as well if you have it. Thanks bud. :)

GeoramA

Figured we'd be getting Europe scraps :lol

Already platinum'd Borderlands, but I'll play through it again with a new character.

Celegus

Are the trophies interesting to get in Borderlands? I played the heck out of the PC version, but doubt some trophies are gonna be enough to pull me back in.

GeoramA

It's a pretty fun platinum. Only one requires you to go online, but you'll get it instantly. You can get the co-op trophies locally or online.

coldfoot

Banned
I think they should have at least given the DLC for free so existing owners had something to look forward to.

Are the trophies interesting to get in Borderlands? I played the heck out of the PC version, but doubt some trophies are gonna be enough to pull me back in.
It's an easy platinum, what other motivation do you need?

Melchiah

Apparently not, but if you already owned it I could see why some aren't impressed. Me? I'm tickled pink.
Not when I already own it on Blu-ray.

There's bound to be content which you already own, or don't care about. It's been the same for me before. Borderlands was a good addition for me personally, as I had wanted to try it for quite some time.

Figured we'd be getting Europe scraps :lol

A game we got a couple of weeks ago is now scraps? In that case, we get nothing but scraps here in Europe, as several retail games/DLC/demos are released a week or two later here. Yet we've managed to live with the situation for years and years.

neuroned

Neo Member
I really think they should move to a "here's three free games to choose from" model, where you get to pick one of the three. This would increase the odds that something is actually being given away for free that a member doesn't already have.

What irks me the most is when they discount a game for plus members, and then give it away for free a month later (i.e. Outland).

jvm

Gamasutra.
Borderlands is tons of fun, even for a hermit single-player gamer like me. Bought it for $15 + all DLC last summer, and it was a great deal.

Then there was that whole "Sony cancelled your license, sorry, bro" debacle. Finally got that fixed.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Nice. Free Borderlands is a nice surprise, IMO.

I'll pick up Space Channel too at that discount. I just REALLY need to order that HDD.

Carl

Okay, US. I was supporting your complaining when you were getting shitty PSN games every time. But complaining about Borderlands is stupid. It's a fantastic game.

Derrick01

Banned
Okay, US. I was supporting your complaining when you were getting shitty PSN games every time. But complaining about Borderlands is stupid. It's a fantastic game.

I'm happy about that as I said yesterday, it's just about a free platinum since I'll have a friend with me and we've 100% it twice on other platforms. I'm just kind of disappointed that's all we're getting next month.

SxP

I'm happy about that as I said yesterday, it's just about a free platinum since I'll have a friend with me and we've 100% it twice on other platforms. I'm just kind of disappointed that's all we're getting next month.

Two more games will be announced in two or three weeks. You know, like last month.

Derrick01

Banned
Two more games will be announced in two or three weeks. You know, like last month.

So that's the new trend? I don't like that just announce them all at once. That could mean the difference between me letting my sub run out one month or renewing so I hope they stop playing games with us.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Have games already: PS+ is garbage!

Don't have games already: PS+ is teh awesome!

Exception: Carl, who rightly said Borderlands is a great free game.

I should add that people need to wise up to the system. If you really have to have a game when it comes out, then you must do so with the understanding that it just might be free to PS+ at some point in the future. It's that simple.

Cade

Meh, I was never interested in Borderlands, but I've got enough of a PS+ backlog to not care. I hope we get RDR like EU. :(

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I thought people were upset because there were no high rated retail games but it's really highly rated new retail games.

Honestly I'd rather have PSN games than retail games, for several reasons.

1. Large file sizes on retail games (take forever to download, eat up space).
2. Retail games can drop in price (I can get Borderlands for like $6 on Blu-Ray right now if I didn't already have it digitally), PSN games tend to stay at the price they launched at.
3. There's virtually nothing in PSN's selection of retail games that I want to play and haven't already. However there are a lot of PSN games I would like to play.

But I'm sure I'm in the minority here. Ah well. I honestly kinda miss the old PS+.

snitsky

I'm not all that interested in Borderlands just because I don't like first person games, but it's a good start. Hopefully this means US+ is going to be better going forward. I'm still hoping to get Darksiders and Dead Space 2 sooner than later.

Joni

And old as shit and most of us have played it....

And yet it was used as an example of the awesome games EU Plus got and the reason why it was so much better by the US Plus people.

Honestly I'd rather have PSN games than retail games, for several reasons.

1. Large file sizes on retail games (take forever to download, eat up space).
2. Retail games can drop in price (I can get Borderlands for like $6 on Blu-Ray right now if I didn't already have it digitally), PSN games tend to stay at the price they launched at.
3. There's virtually nothing in PSN's selection of retail games that I want to play and haven't already. However there are a lot of PSN games I would like to play.

But I'm sure I'm in the minority here. Ah well. I honestly kinda miss the old PS+.

I like you. Exact same three reasons why I prefer PSN over retail titles on Plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom