• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus vs. Games With Gold 2016 Games Lineup

WadeitOut

You can buy a year of both Xbox Live and PSN this time a year for the price of a new game. I spend more money at the vending machines at my office in a year.

So if I can get 4-5 game experiences out of it and a good online ecosystem than it's easily worth it.

cantona222

Thanks for reminding me. I will download Sleeping Dogs on my XBone and beat it for the second time soon. I loved this game when I played it when it was originally released on the 360.

How much does it weigh?

Google says it's 3.53 kilos...at current prices that's around £105k to £110k. For those not used to the best currency in the world ;) that's enough to buy a very fancy car or a small house/flat somewhere where people don't want to live.

IbukiLordSA

Only have PS+ don't play online with my X1 so no need to have it.

No I am not getting my monies worth because the games that come on the service don't appeal to me and the ones that do I already bought and played months before. If there was a subscription for online only without the benefit of the games I would jump on that in a heartbeat.

weekev

Banned
They both still seem like great value offerings. Add EA Access into the mix too and there are plenty great options for console gaming on a budget. I have been loving the ps+ offerings for the past couple of years.

Don't have an Xbox One or gold anymore but so far my favorite PS+ games have been FURI and Tricky Towers, definitely wouldn't have bought the latter if it wasn't for PS+ so I commend them for that. I also had a lot of fun with Transformers before the needless RPG mechanics became too much. It was also nice to finally be able to play Journey because I never would have paid money for that despite enjoying it in the end. They also saved me $20 or whatever by giving away Hellfighters, almost bought it at launch, glad I didn't.

I'm fine with the quality of games for the price despite a decent amount of duds, I just wish their customer service support and online infrastructure was vastly improved.

LE1na7Bl.jpg

General public hates indies despite Invisible Inc. being an amazing game, shocking.

Upinsmoke

I'm not getting my moneys worth on either service. They are either games which just don't interest me or games which released years ago and I've played. Never games which are fairly new and interest me. I know that sounds picky but it's the reality for me.

I'm not getting my moneys worth on either service. They are either games which just don't interest me or games which released years ago and I've played. Never games which are fairly new and interest me. I know that sounds picky but it's the reality for me.

While the games can sometimes be disappointing, the fact that I used to pay just to play online means I can't be too mad if PS+ gives me even one game I like every 2 months or so.

Alex

Hate 'em both. Would rather have that 60 bucks to buy the games I want with it rather than being strong armed into it if I want to play anything online.

I'm normally someone who is very lax on most service and monetization models when they're not being abusive but, IMO at least, charging 60 bucks up front for basic online access is indeed fairly abusive.

SentryDown

I've been a PS+ suscriber for 5 years now and honnestly 2016 was the weakest despite the 3 platforms. There are some good games in this but nothing great like we used to have.

TheYanger

Most of the games people are acting like "Oh PS+ had it yaers ago" are talking about PS3 versions of games, which doesn't do you much good on your PS4. The fact that you could get The Crew on PC doesn't mean much when we're comparing PS+ and GWG. At the end of the day, if you don't want to have to keep a ps3, ps4, and vita around, GWG gives you 4 games a month that you can actually play on the only part of that equation that most people care about. 2016 was a fantastic year for gold.

KORNdoggy

Most of the games people are acting like "Oh PS+ had it yaers ago" are talking about PS3 versions of games, which doesn't do you much good on your PS4. The fact that you could get The Crew on PC doesn't mean much when we're comparing PS+ and GWG. At the end of the day, if you don't want to have to keep a ps3, ps4, and vita around, GWG gives you 4 games a month that you can actually play on the only part of that equation that most people care about. 2016 was a fantastic year for gold.

you mean like how most vita releases are cross buy and work on PS4 too? that's 4 games a month on PS4 on PS+. and no, we're talking current gen here. you can't shit on PS+ and then praise GWG because outlast is free this month...it was free when the game CAME OUT on PS+ 2+ years ago.

seems a bit biased if your argument amounts to "if you take away the games your given with PS+ you're given less games with PS+" why should we discount PS3 and Vita anyway besides it artificially helping your argument? ultimately you get more games on PS+, and the games with gold are old/previously released on PS+, there are no 2 ways about that.

MS have a serious issue with offering great games everyone has played. and sony clearly have a serious issue with offering great games no-one is willing to play.

Before I sold my PS4 I stopped subscribing to PSN cause it didn't seem worth it for me. The games I get for XbL seems pretty good and I like th 360 BC

Top Bottom