• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"PlayStation Rewards" Program Announced (US)

Clipper

I just checked my e-mail and it turns out I made Select on April Fools Day... Man, I hope I can still redeem the code for the avatars now that the program has ended. I was checking right up to then too.

Oh, just read the e-mail again. The code is good until April 30, woo!

Now, I have to wonder if they've sent out the shirts as I changed my address to an invalid one the other day to avoid tax on my resubscription to PS Plus. Just changed it back now that I realised I made Select after all.

Cruzader

Banned
Clipper said:
I just checked my e-mail and it turns out I made Select on April Fools Day... Man, I hope I can still redeem the code for the avatars now that the program has ended. I was checking right up to then too.

Oh, just read the e-mail again. The code is good until April 30, woo!

Now, I have to wonder if they've sent out the shirts as I changed my address to an invalid one the other day to avoid tax on my resubscription to PS Plus. Just changed it back now that I realised I made Select after all.
You know what's weird? I had a Californian address to avoid tax for like 2 years and I changed it recently to get a stupid shirt to my NY address.

Anyhow I went and bought a game today and I didn't get taxed! I was confused. I know NY taxes. Oh well no tax bs for me!

jvm

Gamasutra.
Got my t-shirt today. Taking a picture to post in a moment. I'm not sure what it says... :|

According to Wikipedia, this is "プレイステーション Pureisutēshon" or PlayStation.

ivkcc9.jpg

28mh7cg.jpg

2lvzepx.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I dont know if it was GAP but I remember getting a Playstation shirt in around 2006 that had the button symbols on the front. That was a better shirt

jackdoe

I hate XL shirts and wished they gave me a medium shirt. Not that I would have worn it anyway, but I would have liked something that fit me. Anyways, the shirt is going into the same pile that includes the shirt I got from Capcom for MvC 3.

Clipper

Agent X said:
I also received a T-shirt in the mail today, just like the one jvm got. That was a pleasant surprise, considering that I reached Select status on the very last day and the E-mail I got didn't mention a T-shirt like it did for many other people.
I'm nearly in the same boat as you, making Select and receiving the e-mail on April 1, except that I had a fake address on my account at that time. I changed it to a friend's address (I'm in Australia) a few days later, so I hope they are just using current addresses rather than the linked addresses we had at the start of April as the shipping location...

TheHakku

distantmantra said:
My original G.A.P. shirt from back in the day said Playstation in katakana, much like that but in a different font.
Yep. It looked better, even though it was just plain white kata on plain blue.

Clipper

TheBrain76 said:
To those that got your shirts already, are you in the US?
How could you get a shirt and not have the address set in the US? The Rewards Beta was only open to US accounts, right?

God dammit. If only I was using my PSN email as my main Id have seen the old invite email.
Now those Legendary avatars and rare shirt will never be mine.

Acrylic7

jvm said:

Thats a bad shirt. Surely they can come up with something better.

speaking of which, I really wish Sonys PlayStation division had an apparel line or something. I would gladly pay $25 for a Sly Shirt, or even $100+ for a decent Ratchet and Clank watch. something, at least give me pajamas. I can go into Walmart and Find Nintendo, and 360 stuff easily. But I have never seen anything PlayStation related.

Agent X

Gold Member
Acrylic7 said:
speaking of which, I really wish Sonys PlayStation division had an apparel line or something. I would gladly pay $25 for a Sly Shirt, or even $100+ for a decent Ratchet and Clank watch. something, at least give me pajamas. I can go into Walmart and Find Nintendo, and 360 stuff easily. But I have never seen anything PlayStation related.

At one time, Sony sold PlayStation-branded clothing directly, but I'm not sure if they still do. I have seen PlayStation pajamas (along with Nintendo, Xbox, and even Atari) in stores recently.

[Nintex]

Oni Jazar said:
Damn people here bitching about a free shirt.
I understand the bitching there's a ton of potential here, like some crazy design shirt with "$299" and "I survived the Saturn launch" or "The Console race is over, battle for second place is still going but it's moot".

Wario64 said:
I dont know if it was GAP but I remember getting a Playstation shirt in around 2006 that had the button symbols on the front. That was a better shirt
yeah. it was a blue one. i got that one too. it was very much awesome.

lucius

I got the t shirt also mine says XL but like others say it is closer to a large, I am just gonna keep it in my charity clothes, I like medium, I could shrink it I guess but that doesn't work too well with dark colors.

Toki767

Man I didn't get a shirt yet. Maybe it's cause I only hit Select?

Free stuff is always nice though it seems Sony thinks their audience are all big boned.

Chris R

Toki767 said:
Man I didn't get a shirt yet. Maybe it's cause I only hit Select?

Free stuff is always nice though it seems Sony thinks their audience are all big boned.
I just got my shirt today. Pretty cool, doesn't fit me though.

Top Bottom