• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Stars

Kerotan

Can you get PS Stars points on multiple accounts if you buy games on more then one?

I pre order the metal gear collection on my other account and the app didn't update with extra stars? Is this a case where you have to wait for the game to launch to receive them? To stop people making pre orders to gain star's and then cancelling their pre order?

Thief1987

Can you get PS Stars points on multiple accounts if you buy games on more then one?

I pre order the metal gear collection on my other account and the app didn't update with extra stars? Is this a case where you have to wait for the game to launch to receive them? To stop people making pre orders to gain star's and then cancelling their pre order?
Yeah, you should receive it after the release
Sony states that a special PS Stars campaign that gives you the opportunity to earn points will be coming your way, within a week of the respective game's official release.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Yeah, you should receive it after the release
So what I'm wondering if I pre order it now but they do a special campaign a week before launch will it unlock for me considering I pre ordered before the campaign began?

I understand they give points for simply spending the 60 euro on the pre order but I'm guessing like you said that comes after launch.

Kilau

So what I'm wondering if I pre order it now but they do a special campaign a week before launch will it unlock for me considering I pre ordered before the campaign began?

I understand they give points for simply spending the 60 euro on the pre order but I'm guessing like you said that comes after launch.
It should, they did that for GoW Ragnarok

bender

What time is it?
It should, they did that for GoW Ragnarok

The issue I've had is that the campaigns are usually for the base versions of games and if you purchase a different tier, it doesn't count towards the campaign. Either that or it isn't recognizing a pre-order as a purchase. I've had it happen 2-3 times.

Oh, that is useful. I thought it was just digital collectibles.

I'm almost at my second $20 of PSN credit. It's not the most generous program but it does add up. Also, this was pretty cool:

F237DDFboAAtE6e

Kilau

The issue I've had is that the campaigns are usually for the base versions of games and if you purchase a different tier, it doesn't count towards the campaign. Either that or it isn't recognizing a pre-order as a purchase. I've had it happen 2-3 times.
GoW R is the only game I’ve done a preorder on so I can only speak for that experience. They even put a notice up on the refund page explaining the campaign would would activate retroactively.

Maybe they only made an exception for that one game because it was early in the Stars life.

bender

What time is it?
GoW R is the only game I’ve done a preorder on so I can only speak for that experience. They even put a notice up on the refund page explaining the campaign would would activate retroactively.

Maybe they only made an exception for that one game because it was early in the Stars life.

Yeah, I really think it has more to do with the edition of the game as the campaigns usually call out the "Standard Edition". Most recently was Street Fighter.

Killjoy-NL

Not really. If you simply waited for sales, you'd end up with much more money in the end instead of spending the most money for a few cents on the dollar.
At worst, it'll take you a bit more time to get to the same point.

But it's a little extra regardless.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I used Sony Rewards for years and this has been ok. I’ve earned around $30 in credit. Cashed in for $5 whenever I could. Nintendo’s gold coins are nice when you get $2-$3 off a purchase. Idk if I’d praise this because it feels like I spend $100’s for a little bit back. My level has been stuck at 4 and I’m at the very tip of being at level 5.

Do people care what your trophy case looks like? It feels so niche. Ape Escape and Jumping Flash are cool, but I can’t say I’d represent PlayStation as a whole. It’s like searching for a great classic PS gem and all you get are results for the first game or some mediocre entry. It has potential, but it barely hits the mark.

Sleepwalker

Im a part of this but never took it seriously, will try to get this and ms rewards into the routine.

I recently discovered you get gold points for physical switch games too and I have like 12 I never redeemed, most are expired however by now.

Kerotan

Not really. If you simply waited for sales, you'd end up with much more money in the end instead of spending the most money for a few cents on the dollar.
Yes really. I haven't changed my buying habits at all. I still buy games Day 1 which I would have bought anyway. The next 3 are mw3, Spiderman 2 and metal gear collection.

I still buy the games I would have bought on sale. I still buy my PS premium subscription on sale. The only MTX I've bought are for destiny and fall guys to buy the season passes or content keys.

For all of those purchases above I get rewarded with stars. It's basically free money because I can cash them in for credit I will be spending anyway.

Kilau

I used Sony Rewards for years and this has been ok. I’ve earned around $30 in credit. Cashed in for $5 whenever I could. Nintendo’s gold coins are nice when you get $2-$3 off a purchase. Idk if I’d praise this because it feels like I spend $100’s for a little bit back. My level has been stuck at 4 and I’m at the very tip of being at level 5.

Do people care what your trophy case looks like? It feels so niche. Ape Escape and Jumping Flash are cool, but I can’t say I’d represent PlayStation as a whole. It’s like searching for a great classic PS gem and all you get are results for the first game or some mediocre entry. It has potential, but it barely hits the mark.
Level 4 is max currently. Level 5 exists (data mining) but it’s not known if it’s a puzzle to solve, invite only or just not live yet.

The Shepard

I pre ordered FF16, RE4 and crisis core and never received any points at all. Only game I pre ordered and got points for was god of war. Any game I didn't pre order I always get the reward points like FF pixel collection. I've now stopped pre ordering any games on the store, it's kinda shitty how you get penalised for pre ordering.

Kerotan

I pre ordered FF16, RE4 and crisis core and never received any points at all. Only game I pre ordered and got points for was god of war. Any game I didn't pre order I always get the reward points like FF pixel collection. I've now stopped pre ordering any games on the store, it's kinda shitty how you get penalised for pre ordering.
Hmmm. I'm hearing mixed messages about this.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Yeah this is bullshit :

- Not getting points if you buy the "deluxe" editions of games when the task says to buy the "normal" one.

- Buying a game before the task actually goes online.

Happened to me with Re4RE and Exoprimal.

Why ? I bought the games (the more expensive versions to boot), shouldn't I be eligible to get the points?

For example, an August task says to buy Exoprimal - I bought the game on release day mid-July and I'm getting "punished" for doing so ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom