• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 04/24/08

kuYuri

Bebpo said:
I wish I could meet whoever is in charge of the US PSN store design and punch them in the face.

Again the JPN/HK stores are great. They have a list of NEWLY ADDED STUFF very nicely displayed on the front page. Whereas the US/UK ones look the exact same every week and the only way J6P would know that there are new games he can buy is by searching the depths of the menus. J6P doesn't know there are thursday weekly updates and it's important to show him that there are NEW THINGS each time he goes online each week. It's like the US/UK stores want to have shit sales and blame it on that to not try.

They have the CoD4 map pack and EoJ Set 2 displayed on front, what more do you want?

Marconelly said:
That's not a bad price if you don't already own the game.

should be 19.99 or lower. it's like they put up the game with tax now. and plus, it's a SCEA Published game. they should know that they can lower the price. i'll wait until the drop. but Kingdom of Paradise looks nice though. but i don't have a stick big enough to hold it ;(

DMPrince said:
two psp legacy game.

Loco Roco - 524mb required. $21.99
Kingdom of Paradise - 1gb required. $10.99

Motley Crue song on the PSN store shows $.99. Get it now if you want it. don't buy it through the music store.

Damn,I just purchased it via RB store for 2 bucks. Why different prices? Should I complain, and to who?

dreamer3kx said:
Damn,I just purchased it via RB store for 2 bucks. Why different prices? Should I complain, and to who?

Contact Harmonix. they did say .99 cent first when it came online but they never mentioned how to get it at .99 though :lol

But just remember, it's $2 spent on a great song. :lol

M3wThr33

Banned
dreamer3kx said:
Yourself. We all knew it was 99 cents from the start and held off. But you just had to blindly jump the gun.

Remy

Speevy said:
So Entropay still doesn't work. Tried it from Firefox and IE.

Says action cannot be performed.

I tried to do the same thing a few weeks ago - people in the US are not allowed to make accounts, period.

Entropay Support said:
Please note that due to United States legislation, it is illegal to facilitate the funding of a gambling transaction for any person located within the boundaries of the United States or its insular areas.

In order to remove the risk of accidental non compliance with this law, we do not offer our service to any customers identified as being from such territories. Our systems have identified that you are located within these territories and we have blocked further access to your account.

I tried to argue that I wasn't using it for gambling, but they said it was a firm policy.

Also, Dark Mist wasn't bad. Certainly better than some of the other crap I've bought.

rcl66

$21.99 for a 2 year old PSP game that isn't even in stores anymore is nuts. It's a great game to add to the PS3 store but that price kills anyone buying it except those that wanted it for PSP and can't find it anymore.

Bebpo

Banned
Another thing bad about the US store is no pics for PS1 games. Since most people have never heard of a lot of PS1 games it's important to have game screenshots in the sub-section to sell them on the title like the JPN/HK store does.

Dante

Warrior300 said:
I'm really waiting for something Interesting to show up on PSN.

The past two weeks have been fantastic. Factor in Siren coming tonight, can you please define interesting?

Bebpo

Banned
Dante said:
The past two weeks have been fantastic. Factor in Siren coming tonight, can you please define interesting?

They have been? All I've done is buy Rock Band tracks like I've done every other week this year. Take out RB and I've grabbed absolutely nothing off the store since the AC4:FA & Echochrome demos on the JPN store.

And I don't count GT5p as some "omg great PSN game this week!" as it's a retail game.

Rtypes & HSG5 DLC course (JPN) & Siren demo are solid entries this week, but the store has still been absolutely pathetic and the worst of the three online systems since launch.

Dante

Bebpo said:
They have been? All I've done is buy Rock Band tracks like I've done every other week this year. Take out RB and I've grabbed absolutely nothing off the store since the AC4:FA & Echochrome demos on the JPN store.

And I don't count GT5p as some "omg great PSN game this week!" as it's a retail game.

Rtypes & HSG5 DLC course (JPN) & Siren demo are solid entries this week, but the store has still been absolutely pathetic and the worst of the three online systems since launch.

If your gonna edit their releases to fit your agenda then there really isn't much rebuttal to add really.

EktorPR

Loved the Echochrome demo. The music, in particular, catched my ear:
otherwordly, but with a classic touch.

The images at the "Store Top" cycle each time you return to it. In two gos, I saw a big-ass COD 4 image advertising the new maps, another showcasing the Iron Man demo and a different one with the Eye of Judgement: Biolith Rebellion II logo.

Knify

Even though I already own Echochrome on PSP, strangely, I can see myself playing the PS3 version even more! I think, because of Echochrome's surround sound on the PS3, I feel like I'm either trapped in a bathroom or an empty hallway, and my only way out is to solve a puzzle or two, until the lady says "times up mother fucker!"

(Stupid PSP version! What's the point of a short time limit, when all I want to do solve the puzzle! ;( )

In short, I hope Sony prices Echochome in the 10-20 dollar range, maybe even 30 if they include the extra 50 puzzles found in PSP version.

Overall, great update.

Bebpo

Banned
Dante said:
If your gonna edit their releases to fit your agenda then there really isn't much rebuttal to add really.

All that matters in the end are PSN exclusive titles v. XBLA/M exclusive titles v. VC/Wiiware exclusive titles, and right now PSN is in a distant third.

Even if you count all the JPN PS1 games it's still awful. The JPN PS1 store has hundreds of games, yet they are all from HAMSTER or GUST or developers who don't even exist anymore. Sure there are some classics hidden in between, but most of it is junk. Where are all the major PS1 games from major companies? They got RE1/RE2/Dino Crisis from Capcom early on and then nothing. Konami/SE/Namco... :\ The VC channel is loads and loads of major games. The PS1 store could easily match that, but it's like Sony is just not even trying. I don't get it. Being the 3rd place console you'd think they been working harder than anyone else to have the best content and presentation with what they have available to lure buyers over, but it's just not happening.

EktorPR said:
The images at the "Store Top" cycle each time you return to it. In two gos, I saw a big-ass COD 4 image advertising the new maps, another showcasing the Iron Man demo and a different one with the Eye of Judgement: Biolith Rebellion II logo.

Yet there's no ad for Rtypes. Guess how many copies that is going to sell?

Knify said:
Even though I already own Echochrome on PSP, strangely, I can see myself playing the PS3 version even more! I think, because of Echochrome's surround sound on the PS3, I feel like I'm either trapped in a bathroom or an empty hallway, and my only way out is to solve a puzzle or two, until the lady says "times up mother fucker!"

(Stupid PSP version! What's the point of a short time limit, when all I want to do solve the puzzle! ;( )

In short, I hope Sony prices Echochome in the 10-20 dollar range, maybe even 30 if they include the extra 50 puzzles found in PSP version.

Overall, great update.

it's already priced at $9.99 for either the ps3 or psp version.

kenta

Has no PEINS
DMPrince said:
should be 19.99 or lower. it's like they put up the game with tax now.
So basically what you're saying is that it's roughly the same price as it would cost in EB/GameStop

So basically people don't have an incentive to buy the game at one place over the other

So basically EB/GameStop got their way after the Warhawk debacle

Dante

Bebpo said:
All that matters in the end are PSN exclusive titles v. XBLA/M exclusive titles v. VC/Wiiware exclusive titles, and right now PSN is in a distant third.

Even if you count all the JPN PS1 games it's still awful. The JPN PS1 store has hundreds of games, yet they are all from HAMSTER or GUST or developers who don't even exist anymore. Sure there are some classics hidden in between, but most of it is junk. Where are all the major PS1 games from major companies? They got RE1/RE2/Dino Crisis from Capcom early on and then nothing. Konami/SE/Namco... :\ The VC channel is loads and loads of major games. The PS1 store could easily match that, but it's like Sony is just not even trying. I don't get it. Being the 3rd place console you'd think they been working harder than anyone else to have the best content and presentation with what they have available to lure buyers over, but it's just not happening.

Yet there's no ad for Rtypes. Guess how many copies that is going to sell?

Different strokes really, I have way more PSN titles then live, and VC stuff, but retro stuff isn't really what I'm looking for. The fact that I can play the PSOne classics on my PSP adds a much needed extra value to that retro stuff. GTP for some of us IS a PSN title, and an amazing one at that. I've put more time into PJM then most full priced retail titles this gen so I guess YMMV.

angelfly

I hope in the next update they lower the price of a few games. I really want to buy Tekken but don't feel like spending $20 on it.

Bebpo said:

For you maybe. Shitty ass wii VC ROM DUMPS are not even in competition with XBLA/PSN releases.

Speevy

Banned
bebpo, what you say is mostly true but you're being kind of an ass. 2 demos, a game, and dlc. that is a GOOD week. Sony isn't putting the effort in because there's absolutely no positive correlation btw console sales and digital downloads. Also, I have 13 games from the jpn store.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Bebpo said:

Yes, compared to all those rom dumps in the Virtual Console, PSN is a distant third.

Unless you're counting future WiiWare titles, which would be even more hypocritical since you can say Elefunk, Wipeout HD, SOCOM, Eden, Encore and Echochrome all look to be amazing.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
This weeks better then last since there's actually something for me to download! And that is those nice looking GT5: Demo wallpapers (well just #3 & #4 anyway). There are now 18 things on the store related to it but no theme yet~ Also I guess Sega won't be giving and SST love even though the wallpapers/themes for the game practically write themselves ;_;

Kittonwy

Banned
Dizzan said:
What the hell is wrong with the Australian store. Everywhere else gats the R2 trailer, except us.

We only get one of the PSOne games?

And COD4 map pack is $15.50 when our dollar is almost the same value as the US(96c)
I'm sure there is no import tax or shipping costs on fucking downloads. What a fucking rort!

You gotz a store? Why u gotz a store and not New Zealand?
angry.gif

Dante

chubigans said:
Yes, compared to all those rom dumps in the Virtual Console, PSN is a distant third.

Unless you're counting future WiiWare titles, which would be even more hypocritical since you can say Elefunk, Wipeout HD, SOCOM, Eden, Encore and Echochrome all look to be amazing.

Well.....apparently you can't count games that are also sold at retail :/

borsdy

Banned
Are they still pumping out add-ons for Warhawk? Will they eventually make a bundle deal? How many people are actually playing them?

Elios83

CoG said:
Echochrome demo didn't have to install. Is this new with the new store?

Maybe the process was so quick because the demo is small that you didn't notice it, but yeah it has to be installed :p

Dante

borsdy said:
Are they still pumping out add-ons for Warhawk? Will they eventually make a bundle deal? How many people are actually playing them?

They have a bundle already.......Do you guys actually take a look at what's posted?

-Warhawk - Add-on pack - $11.99 (contains Broken Mirror and Omega Dawn)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
borsdy said:

-There pumpin' out add-ons, yes.
-There's a bundle for both add-ons for $11.99, not sure if there will be a bundle with the game too...doubt it.
-Lots of people playing both add-ons, with over three hundred servers in the evenings (and over 100 on the weekday afternoons).

THE EYE OF JUDGEMENT: Biolith Rebellion 2 (Expansion Set Two) ($14.99)
Take your game to the next level with this new download for THE EYE OF JUDGMENT. Add 100 more new creatures, spells, and abilities that come to life with cards from Wizards of the Coast (sold seperately).
File size: 118 KB

Hold the fucking phone...

borsdy

Banned
Dante said:
They have a bundle already.......Do you guys actually take a look at what's posted?
I'm talking about one when you buy the game, silly goose.

edit: thanks for the info chubi

Top Bottom