• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 04/24/08

RaidenZR

Speevy said:
dark mist has received negative impressions from almost everyone who has played it. why are we waiting for it again?

Uh, what? Most of the stuff I have seen discussed about the game has been favorable.

If you don't want it, then shush. A lot of us do.

Jim said:
Sony: "There's your stinking PS one game, now STFU!"

Awesome! Bout time!

Dante

JeFfRey said:
I got invalid controller type for R-Types. Any other getting this issue?

You have to unplug your Rock Band USB stuff.

Also, is the Burnout DLC going up this evening, someone in the blog comments mentioned it was?

Zoe

Totobeni said:
they changed that today , there is top 10 and whats new , plus they add 2 new categories on the left side of the front page of the store

2nd from bottom: About Product Codes
Bottom: PS Store Treasure Hunt

Both of these are just info pages that will likely go away. The first leads to info about MGO, the second leads to the treasure hunt info.

Edit: And the Top 10 is only for PS1 games.

Synless said:
Did I miss something? I really feel as if I have. I'm really not being rude by asking this either.
He was making a joke at the expense of the clusterfuck of the MGO beta signup, which required you to get not one BUT TWO different Usernames a GAME ID and KONAMI ID. You be able to get your Siren Demo just like normal once it hits.:D

darkressurection said:
He was making a joke at the expense of the clusterfuck of the MGO beta signup, which required you to get not one BUT TWO different Usernames a GAME ID and KONAMI ID. You be able to get your Siren Demo just like normal once it hits.:D

yeah I was just messing around. no SIREN ID needed...

yet

Synless

darkressurection said:
I understand now.....I missed that one eh? But now I know (and I feel like an ass for the remark made earlier to that other guy).

Synless

brandonh83 said:
yeah I was just messing around. no SIREN ID needed...

yet
No, I was talking to the other guy, not you. He said something about it being hidden in the ironman demo or something. Either way, it's all good.

RaidenZR said:
Uh, what? Most of the stuff I have seen discussed about the game has been favorable.

Pretty much all the negative points people had with the game were fixed with the expansion anyways (no saving mid-dungeon, fixed - no depth of gameplay, fixed with the addition of 3 very different characters and a whole new set of levels, no replay value, fixed with the enjoyable multiplayer).

Personally Dark Mist is one of my favourite PSN games, it's crazy addictive and perfect for a quick blast of arcade action (especially now you can save mid-dungeon :p)

Dizzan

MINI Member
Wollan said:
I'm only a visitor in this fine country. I take it all in day by day. :D

Traditionally there is a Dawn Service where we remember the war vets. Then at 7AM evrybody starts drinking Rum and playing 2up (gambling game they used to play during the war, Anzac day is the only day it's legal).

Get down to the RSL/Pub and start drinking! :D

tanod

when is my burrito
Bootaaay said:
Pretty much all the negative points people had with the game were fixed with the expansion anyways (no saving mid-dungeon, fixed - no depth of gameplay, fixed with the addition of 3 very different characters and a whole new set of levels, no replay value, fixed with the enjoyable multiplayer).

Personally Dark Mist is one of my favourite PSN games, it's crazy addictive and perfect for a quick blast of arcade action (especially now you can save mid-dungeon :p)

My understanding is basically that it's a next-gen Gauntlet with some Zelda-type stuff thrown in.

tanod said:
My understanding is basically that it's a next-gen Gauntlet with some Zelda-type stuff thrown in.

Yeah, thats a pretty accurate description, it's like a dungeon crawler mixed with an arena shooter with simple zelda-like puzzles (oh noez, door is locked - defeat enemies to obtain key) and RPG elements (levelling your characters 3 different shot types) thrown in. Although, without the expansion it definetly feel quite shallow and repetative, hopefully the NA & EU versions will include it in the price.

Kittonwy

Banned
Dizzan said:
:lol

Only one of Australia's most important holidays! Have you been living under a rock Wollan?

Anyway, most shops open at Midday today. Enjoy the day off. I'll be stuck at home doing uni work.......

Wutz Anzac day? How come us Canadian hosers don't get no Anzac day?
angry.gif

Bebpo said:
They have been? All I've done is buy Rock Band tracks like I've done every other week this year. Take out RB and I've grabbed absolutely nothing off the store since the AC4:FA & Echochrome demos on the JPN store.

And I don't count GT5p as some "omg great PSN game this week!" as it's a retail game.

Rtypes & HSG5 DLC course (JPN) & Siren demo are solid entries this week, but the store has still been absolutely pathetic and the worst of the three online systems since launch.

You missed the awesome Super Stardust HD expansion last week?

You f***ing fail, dood. You fail, BIG TIME.

calder

Oh excellent. Almost done downloading the COD4 map pack before I remember I lent my copy to my brother after he broke his.

tanod

when is my burrito
FYI: There is an update for the MGO beta to 1.02. Even though we can't log into a game right now, I'd suggest getting the update now rather than waiting until the servers go up tomorrow at midnight.

Wollan

Thanks for the notice tanod. *logs in*

Edit: Relatively small one happily. You can see the percents go by.

2nd Edit: And I'm done. Good speeds as well, 15 clients and 100+ kbps.

Synless

tanod said:
FYI: There is an update for the MGO beta to 1.02. Even though we can't log into a game right now, I'd suggest getting the update now rather than waiting until the servers go up tomorrow at midnight.
Already there!!

Dizzan

MINI Member
Kittonwy said:
Wutz Anzac day? How come us Canadian hosers don't get no Anzac day?
angry.gif

Basically it's an excuse to get hammered on Rum before Midday.

Nah, it's honouring/remembering our war vets. Canada must have someting similar? As many Canucks died in the war as us Aussies.

Anzac is short for Australia & New Zealand Army Corps.

Wollan

Speevy said:
tanod, when you say you can build a deck virtually, how do you mean? you still need cards to play
You can build a deck with Set.2 cards but you can't play with them ingame was my understanding (not sure if he means both online/offline).

Narcosis

tanod said:

Do the MGO beta updates actually download now?

Speevy

Banned
Wollan said:
You can build a deck with Set.2 cards but you can't play with them ingame was my understanding (not sure if he means both online/offline).

yeah you need physical cards either on or offline, not sure why someone would use that as an argument against the cost unless they were printing cards

tanod

when is my burrito
Narcosis said:
Do the MGO beta updates actually download now?

I didn't have a problem with mine. I just did the bittorent option and left it on overnight.

I thought you can play without cards online. In fact, you had to scan in your cards to do so. Maybe I'm wrong?

Kittonwy

Banned
Dizzan said:

Nah, it's honouring/remembering our war vets. Canada must have someting similar? As many Canucks died in the war as us Aussies.

We haz remembrance day but it's not known as a drinking day.

Speevy

Banned
tanod said:
I didn't have a problem with mine. I just did the bittorent option and left it on overnight.

I thought you can play without cards online. In fact, you had to scan in your cards to do so. Maybe I'm wrong?

You can create decks by registering cards with the eye, but you cannot play the video game without cards

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Dizzan said:

Event wise we have the best one, yanks and such come to Aus for Anzac day because they dont have the stuff we do services, parades and all that jazz.

Massive respects for the Anzacs today, my pop was in PNG, not Kokoda but still in the thick shit, he was a farm boy as well, so good with a rifle, got him some Japs, god bless all the serving men!

tanod said:

How do I get the update?

Top Bottom