• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 04/24/08

tanod said:
Assuming you're in the beta, start it up, log in, and it will download.

I boot up the beta, and no download happens. I'm at Ver 1.01. Other people in the beta thread have also not been prompted to update. Perhaps they pulled the update?

angelfly

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
I boot up the beta, and no download happens. I'm at Ver 1.01. Other people in the beta thread have also not been prompted to update. Perhaps they pulled the update?

It's not updating for people at the moment.

tanod

when is my burrito
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:

Perhaps. I haven't tried it yet either.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Is it the first time that a game doesn't work with a DualShock3?

R-TYPES:

DualShock3: Controller is not connected / invalid input
Sixaxis: works as usual.

rc213 said:
R-Types worth getting for PS3 play on HDTV?

Looks really nice on my 1080p set, most decent 2D games have aged just fine graphically and the PS3's scaling is really nice.

Man, this game is making me question my manhood, its SO HARD.

JeFfRey said:

R-TYPES:

Working fine with my Dual Shock 3, rumble and all.

tanod

when is my burrito
JeFfRey said:

R-TYPES:

The controller has to be in digital mode rather than analog mode, otherwise the game doesn't recognize it.

Bebpo

Banned
So I just bought the HSG5 DLC course and it was 100k? Does that mean they fucked customers over with a track that was ALREADY ON THE DISC and done simply so they could charge above and beyond the retail price?

dfyb

Banned
$15 fucking dollars for the EoJ expansion? i expected that shit to be free because i still have to buy additional cards to even use it. think i may just wait and hope they lower the price. or may try and get my friend to help pay for it since he never bought the game but plays with me.

either way, this is a big dissapointment.

edit: voiced my opinion on the blog -

"$15 is a ridiculous price for the Eye of Judgment expansion. I love the game and was looking forward to the new cards, but $15 is too much. It’ll cost about $20 to even barely take advantage of the new cards (expansion + the price of one booster pack with 8 cards…).

The profits from the cards should be enough to cover the costs of developing the expansions. When I bought Eye of Judgment, THAT was the business model I assumed would be involved.

I’m going to wait for the price to drop on the expansion. $15 is ridiculous for a small update that is useless without me spending even more money on new cards."

rc213

R-Types looks awesome for a PSone game, Come on Sony open the flood gates and take my moniez!

Want: MGS1 & RE1 + RE2 STAT!

rc213 said:
R-Types looks awesome for a PSone game, Come on Sony open the flood gates and take my moniez!

I can't get over the fact its 20 years old yet still looks and plays great. Not many games that old have stood the test of time so well.

DCharlie

Banned
-Eye of Judgement - Set 2 - $14.99

i wish to god they'd sort out the price differences by region, or have they reduced the price on this from 3500 in Japan?

or.... can i just download the US update? hmmm.

rc213 said:

they may just be releasing games that are related to upcoming releases. R-type goes with R-type Command for psp. They need to surprise us with GTA Now. and hopefully they release MGS1 as well. but really. ONE RPG wouldn't hurt.

dfyb said:
"$15 is a ridiculous price for the Eye of Judgment expansion. I love the game and was looking forward to the new cards, but $15 is too much. It’ll cost about $20 to even barely take advantage of the new cards (expansion + the price of one booster pack with 8 cards…).

The profits from the cards should be enough to cover the costs of developing the expansions. When I bought Eye of Judgment, THAT was the business model I assumed would be involved.

I’m going to wait for the price to drop on the expansion. $15 is ridiculous for a small update that is useless without me spending even more money on new cards."

In a perfect world that would be the case.

I was hoping for that myself, but since assholes keep pirating the cards; there's not much profit there. :\

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Bebpo said:
So I just bought the HSG5 DLC course and it was 100k? Does that mean they fucked customers over with a track that was ALREADY ON THE DISC and done simply so they could charge above and beyond the retail price?

Nope. You have to download the course when you boot up the game.

RaidenZR

Strider2K99 said:
It's a really fast update.

Yeah. Got it rather quick after two error connects. It would be less painful if I didn't have to exit to the XMB every time the game spat up at a connection glitch.

mollipen

Since I don't see it listed for this update, or for the last couple of weeks - is LocoRoco for the PSP being up for purchase digitally new? I already have the game, but cool to see it come to the PSN store as yet another PSP game available digitally.

Agent X

Gold Member
R-Types was a very welcome addition to the list of downloadable PS1 classics. I bought it today, primarily to have the ability to play it on PSP as I own the original disc anyway--though having it readily available on the PS3 hard drive is a nice added convenience.

JeFfRey said:

R-TYPES:

I don't have a Dual Shock 3, so I can't help you there.

An odd thing I've noticed is that on the PS3, when I first load up the game, and it tries to access the memory card, it always gives a message saying that there's no memory card in the slot. It's not too big of a problem, as after the game has loaded I can go into the options screen and successfully load the data without a hitch--but it's just a strange occurrence.

This does not occur on PSP, by the way. The PSP is able to detect the memory card data during the initial load.

Here's something else that's odd. On the PS3, the descriptive text on the XMB page has a glaring grammatical error. The second sentence reads: "As the alien shock troops close in on you, and you must prepare for non-stop combat." Interestingly enough, when I transferred the game from the PS3 to the PSP, the descriptive text on the XMB page on the PSP does not contain the word "and" in the middle of the sentence.

Azrael

I never got around to buying Loco Roco, so even at $20 I'm tempted to pick it up. But I already spent $20 today on R Types and the Eye of Judgment add-on.

R Types is exactly the type of PSOne games that should be going up on the store. What's the point of Tekken 2 or Hot Shots Golf when both the PS3 and PSP have far better versions of those games? 3D gaming has evolved so much in the last two generations that 3D games from that era are nearly unplayable now, while 2D has evolved very little and still holds up.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I was able to use a Dualshock 3 with R-Type, with vibration. Mine is imported though. Dunno if that makes a difference.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
this new hot shots course...is it for the american game?

DCharlie

Banned
$15 fucking dollars for the EoJ expansion? i expected that shit to be free because i still have to buy additional cards to even use it. think i may just wait and hope they lower the price. or may try and get my friend to help pay for it since he never bought the game but plays with me.

... $35 for us jgaffers.

I enjoy the game too, and i feel pissed that people photocopying may have influenced this extra "tax" :(

oh wait, i assume you can't share DLC right? :lol that would be nice! ;)

dfyb

Banned
DCharlie said:
... $35 for us jgaffers.

I enjoy the game too, and i feel pissed that people photocopying may have influenced this extra "tax" :(

oh wait, i assume you can't share DLC right? :lol that would be nice! ;)
i've shared DLC before (like rock band songs). we'd need confirmation that this DLC is shareable, but i'll assume you can.

Speevy

Banned
I'm going to get flamed by EoJ fans for saying this, but they really should have left the camera out of this game. There's no point, especially since there aren't even any camera projects in the works.

What should have been released was an all-digital PSN game, and you purchase the cards in virtual packs online. Same pricing scheme, same distribution going to WOTC and Sony.

It's just silly that I love card games, yet because of how my room is set up this game is such a pain in the rear to get going.

DCharlie

Banned
Speevy, despite that i like the game - i agree. It's a fun novelty and a nice show of some of the possibilities - and perhaps is more a way to entice WotC etc to move Card Games to PS3.

A PSN version would have worked well, but then there is the random factor in the deck buying that's also fairly enjoyable too. :/

re: room set up - yeah, playing on the projector meant that i had to have the "board" set up in a very weird manner. Still, was fun to go through to Mrs. C's gaming room and play there and get my ass well and truly tanned every single game.

Just a shame there wasn't more 'security' they could add to the card reading. :(

dfyb

Banned
Speevy said:
I'm going to get flamed by EoJ fans for saying this, but they really should have left the camera out of this game. There's no point, especially since there aren't even any camera projects in the works.

What should have been released was an all-digital PSN game, and you purchase the cards in virtual packs online. Same pricing scheme, same distribution going to WOTC and Sony.

It's just silly that I love card games, yet because of how my room is set up this game is such a pain in the rear to get going.
i like being able to play locally and online (most of the time when i play, it's with a friend locally at the same console). if it was PSN, we couldn't play locally. i mean, in a perfect world, sure they could require remote play and have your hand show up on a PSP screen, but i think that'd be a little too optimistic.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Damn shame the controls in Iron Man are so touchy. I like where they were going with it overall and the basic implementation of ground to flight maneuvering is done well, it's just let down by completely overreactive camera/movement controls. Meh weapon effects and the occasional lone gunman you find amidst the different bases was pretty laughable.

Surfheart

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Event wise we have the best one, yanks and such come to Aus for Anzac day because they dont have the stuff we do services, parades and all that jazz.

Massive respects for the Anzacs today, my pop was in PNG, not Kokoda but still in the thick shit, he was a farm boy as well, so good with a rifle, got him some Japs, god bless all the serving men!

Lest we forget.

LaneDS

Man Echochrome was really a let down. Fantastic music, but otherwise I felt either control scheme wasn't very tight and a lot of times I ended up in situations were I thought things would work fine and they just didn't. That of course is more of a personal problem, but in a game all about changing perception to alter reality, it sucks when you perceive things as properly set up to watch your guy plummet unexpectedly.

Will give it another whirl tomorrow though.

Also supreme yay for Still Alive being free, nice going EA!

Top Bottom