• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 06/12/08

critch

Banned
Speevy said:
Okay guys. Sharing opportunity #2.

Everyone has until 10:00 PM EST (that's 2 and 1/2 hours from the time of this post) to tell me what about Dark Mist appeals to you. Why do you want this game?

The best reply will receive the ability to download Dark Mist and its expansion from my HK account.

Also, regular members only. I don't know most of the juniors. No offense guys.

Well, for me I hadn't heard or seen anything about it, and I just got a PS3 this week so my knowledge of the PS3 downloadables is a bit weak. So I went to youtube and saw it and now I want it :) It looks like a shooter had a baby with an old school turbo graphx 16 zelda wanna be. So I risk firing by posting from work in the attempt to play it.

In other words, I WANNA PLAY PLEASE

androvsky

Speevy said:
Okay guys. Sharing opportunity #2.

Everyone has until 10:00 PM EST (that's 2 and 1/2 hours from the time of this post) to tell me what about Dark Mist appeals to you. Why do you want this game?

The best reply will receive the ability to download Dark Mist and its expansion from my HK account.

Also, regular members only. I don't know most of the juniors. No offense guys.

Also posting from work... I wanted to let you know people did want the game. It sounds like fun, anime style twin-stick shooter? RPG elements (supposedly)? I'm interested in it. Tell me Sony won't bring it to the U.S. because it has anime/rpg elements? I'm pissed.

Why would I beg you for a game I don't even want? Hell, I have never heard about this game before. That's gotta tell you something, no? I honestly don't see what's so appealing about this game anyway.

Not coming to the US? Big deal.

So yeah, please do not even think about sharing this game with me because, honestly, I would rather not waste precious hardware space in it.

Reverse psychology... is it working? :p

Speevy

Banned
Princess Skittles said:
I've posted woes about Dark Mist's absence in almost every weekly thread for some time now. It's been my most wanted PS3 game since I first saw the Japanese trailer. It interests me because it's a cel-shaded, twin-stick shooter with dungeons. I like cute, colorful graphics, I like dungeon crawling and most of all, I like pew pew pew!

Out of all the replies I received, this one impressed me the most.

The main reason is that the default setting of the game is NOT twin-stick, and this post alerted me to change it for a better experience. So clearly this person knows something about the game, and wants it more than your average poster.

I'll try to give away more games from time to time, so thank you all for your entries.

Princess Skittles, check your PM box.

Speevy

Banned
Some of those old games (like Syphon Filter 3) are so blocky and pixellated that it's surprising we ever played them seriously.

Wow! Finally a PS1 game. But instead of picking something with wide appeal, they throw out some shit that I could not care less about. Way to go!

At least there's a decent demo this week. I was expecting the worst with MGS4 releasing.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
where's wipeout?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
DMPrince said:
It wiped out. if I had to guess its coming in July :x but that's just guessing and keeps the disappoinment level low.
:'(

Speevy

Banned
Princess Skittles said:
Speevy is my hero!

He should be YOUR hero too since now I won't be posting "WHERE IS DARK MIST?!" every week. :lol

You're welcome.

But like I said in my PM, you need to keep my account on your system so the game plays.

I made the same mistake when I first started sharing. It gives an error if you delete the account.

DMPrince said:
It wiped out. if I had to guess its coming in July :x but that's just guessing and keeps the disappoinment level low.

First they said it was coming in May.. Now it's slated to appear this month - which I seriously doubt. *Maybe* next month.. But who knows? I just wish they announced a definite release-date. That way I could be happy and at peace, even if I still had to wait a month or two.

jvm

Gamasutra.
btutterrow said:
Also, note the price on many full PSP game went up. Looks like they are sticking to $15.99 and $22.99 for most of them. I thought $10.99 was much more reasonable for games like Wipeout Pure :-/
Just a note that this Gamasutra story came about from this tip from btutterrow. I happened to have all PSN game prices written down (you'll know why on Tuesday!) and therefore able to know how much prices had changed.

Thanks for the tip. I sent the link to btutterrow's post in with the information that went into the story, but it was not added by the editor.

Spy

I don't know if this is old but I was on the ESRB website and noticed Street Fighter Alpha is set to release on the Playstation 3.

Goldrusher said:
Hey rumor guy.

SPEAKING OF RUMOR GUY! haha...

- Fatal Intertia EX full game & demo ($29.99)
- Guitar Hero III DLC: Coldplay Track Pack ($6.49)
- Hail to the Chimp demo*
- Hot Shots Out of Bounds DLC*
- The Incredible Hulk DLC: Multiplayer Expansion Pack*
- Konami "Surprise" [!]*
- NCAA 09 demo
- PAIN DLC: Nigel add-on character*
- PSP full game*
- Rock Band DLC: Avenged Sevenfold (x2), The Offspring, and Crooked X
- Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 demo*

Additional Content:
- LingerInShadows Trailer*
- PAIN (Nigel) Theme*

Spy said:
I don't know if this is old but I was on the ESRB website and noticed Street Fighter Alpha is set to release on the Playstation 3.
Someone at the PS Blog explained one time, that there are games they submit to be re-rated at the ESRB.org, but problems arise while licensing/development, so it doesn't come.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/05/29/playstation-store-update-36/comment-page-4/#comment-62740

So in reality, the ESRB isn't accurate as far as what is coming in the future. We might get a game, we might not. I remember some games being listed forever, and finally just coming (like Jet Moto 2).

StalkingSilence said:

- Konami "Surprise" [!]*
- NCAA 09 demo

- PSP full game*

Additional Content:
- PAIN (Nigel) Theme*
These two sound awesome.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
StalkingSilence said:

- Konami "Surprise" [!]*
- NCAA 09 demo
- PSP full game*

Additional Content:
- PAIN (Nigel) Theme*

Whats the * mean

womfalcs3

Banned
Wasn't there an MGS4-related download for tomorrow? I read on here it was some kind of database detailing character information, history, etc..

I hope that wasn't a joke.

Edit: It was stated to be free.

Pai Pai Master said:
Please be MGS PSone please be MGS PSone please be MGS PSone.

i would buy that just to have on my psp. that would be amazing.

in any case, has there been any word on a bundle for the two wowhawk expansions?

Raist

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:
Please be MGS PSone please be MGS PSone please be MGS PSone.

(MGS4 Spoiler)
I hope not. Jeebus, playing 5 minutes of MGS at the beginning of act IV was terrible XD

Raist

Banned
xS1TH L0RDx said:
...i thought it was amazing.

opinions, right?

Well it was, in some way. But...
the gameplay felt soooooo old and weird. I'm not sure I could play MGS after MGS4 now. Not even 3 probably. Except if it's subsistence I guess.

Top Bottom