• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 06/25/09

TTP said:
Game is very early in development they say.

Anyway, yeah, I look at pics like this one
3659390405_00529364cd.jpg

and it reminds me when I first saw this back in the Amiga days :lol
amiga-juggler-raytracing-animation.gif

The Amiga Juggler! Wow! I remember that now!

DMeisterJ

Banned
kassatsu said:
Capcom and Sony could have made more money if MHFU was on the store today =\

Yeah, that was stupid.

Especially with Capcom talking about 20-40 PSP/PS1 titles for the PS Store, why not a title you're really trying to push? I just hope it's up by 10/1 so I can have it on my PSPgo

XTERC

I completely agree with the MHFU comments, to be honest I don't see myself ever buying another UMD. Bring on PSP DD, bring it on!

Raist

Banned
Aru said:
Back ? Was it there for a moment ? I thought it wasn't available at all before today.

Anyway, OF 5.51 fixed the MGS sound glitches. Yay :D

Dunno, I was told that it was taken down because of a bug that'd make the console crash.

notworksafe

Not too much worthwhile in this update. Though I'm a fan of The Bigs and I'm glad there's a demo of the sequel (even if it's a bit far after the game's release).

What ever happened to MvC2? I thought I remembered Capcom saying it'd be out in "late June" but maybe I just hallucinated it.

DMeisterJ said:
4 PSP Legacy titles. Sony was NOT bullshitting about 300 titles by 10/1.

I imagine they'll be like PS Classics where some are shovelware, and the gems will come along soon.

300 titles by 10/1 in the US? When was this said?

MoxManiac

notworksafe said:
Not too much worthwhile in this update. Though I'm a fan of The Bigs and I'm glad there's a demo of the sequel (even if it's a bit far after the game's release).

What ever happened to MvC2? I thought I remembered Capcom saying it'd be out in "late June" but maybe I just hallucinated it.

It's been pushed to late july.

kassatsu

Banned
jp.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week.

ADD-ONS

► Disgaea 2 Portable
○ Characters
– Dark Eclair (¥200)
– Gig (¥200)
○ Items
– Kuro's Sword
– Toro's Spear

► Valkyria Chronicles
○ Edy’s Squad Challenge (¥300)

VIDEOS

► Valkyria Chronicles
○ Edy’s Squad Challenge Promotional Video

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► Armored Core 3 Portable
Wallpapers Vol. 1 Wallpaper A
Wallpapers Vol. 1 Wallpaper B

dfyb

Banned
i really want that pool game

Speevy said:
I wish they'd release a pool game that is as simple as Monkey Pool (from Super Monkey Ball), something relaxing and straightforward.
that's better suited to Home, me thinks (free)

kassatsu

Banned
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed coming to PSN next week.

They don’t make them like they used to, so look for Capcom Classics Collection Remixed on PSN next week. Check out the list below for the full collection of retro gems included in the game.

• 1941: Counter Attack
• Avengers
• Bionic Commando
• Black Tiger
• Block Block
• Captain Commando
• Final Fight
• Forgotten Worlds
• Last Duel
• Legendary Wings
• Magic Sword
• Mega Twins
• Quiz and Dragons
• Section Z
• Side Arms: Hyper Dyne
• The Speed Rumbler
• Street Fighter
• Strider
• Three Wonders
• Varth

Update: This release of CCCR is downloadable for the PSP only, which equates to having an entire arcade in your pocket. (Thanks for asking)

http://www.capcom-unity.com/number6/blog/2009/06/25/get_cultured_with_cccr_next_week

Speevy

Banned
Yeah I didn't think they'd actually sell a compilation on PSN. Too easy to make money by selling them individually.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Speevy said:
Yeah I didn't think they'd actually sell a compilation on PSN. Too easy to make money by selling them individually.

It's a UMD game that's already been released on PSP. This isn't a PSN game or something.

Lord Error said:
Hustle Kings trailer looked ridiculous. Like if everything was raytraced (with subsurface scattering) or something, and the level of physics showcased was unlike anything I've seen in a pool game before. Too bad there was some tearing because the whole thing looked almost pre-rendered otherwise.

There is no tearing in the same trailer from the PS Store.

Oliver.S

I just downloaded Spyro from the US store and noticed some strange hickups in the sound department (slowdown like in old NES games). I guess its a common problem...?

DMeisterJ

Banned
ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
I think he meant Jack Tretton's comment from E3 this year that there'd be 60 new PS1 titles on the PSN store by the end of the year.
No, I meant 300 PSP Legacy titles by 10/1. I'm sure John Koller or someone said that a few times around the reveal... I'll google it.

Edit: Here we go.

"The old saying that content is king is even more true with the PSPgo launch, and we'll be meeting that challenge through the digital launch of virtually every title launching on UMD from now on, as well as converting over 300 catalog UMD titles to digital for the PSPgo launch," Koller said. " It is important to note though that we will not be walking away from the UMD business – in fact, we view the UMD as critical to the platform's long-term success as there are still many consumers who prefer physical goods."

http://kotaku.com/5282032/the-great-experiment

Dwayne said:
No one got Droplits? Looking for impressions, looks fun to me.

I bought it, seems pretty fun once you've got the hang of it - there's about 4 different game types to unlock, but i've only played the first one 'Classic' and inside that gametype there were about 15 or so levels to unlock. The game starts off slow, but as the difficulty builds it can get very hectic - it can also be quite frustrating when a whole bunch of pieces respawn in a manner that makes it seemingly impossible to complete a chain, plus on levels that dispense more droplets completing just 1 chain won't be enough to keep your droplet count from decreasing. Those are minor complaints though, and i'm sure they'll become irrelavent with more playtime.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Why are pool games always lacking in background detail? I understand the reason (who cares?), but it would be nice to have, like, a strip club setting so you can watch half-naked women lap dancing during your opponent's turn.

I mean, seriously. Missed opportunity.

GrayFoxPL

TTP said:
Why are pool games always lacking in background detail? I understand the reason (who cares?), but it would be nice to have, like, a strip club setting so you can watch half-naked women lap dancing during your opponent's turn.

Don't you know? It's fucking distracting!

Ohhh good!

It's fucking distracting!

Ohhh good!

Xater

TTP said:

Looks way better than most pool game sto me. As long the gameplay part works ths will be mine. I love playing pool.

kassatsu

Banned
jp.png
NOW UP!

DEMOS

► Project Witch (PSP)
○ Demo Act 3

hk.png
NOW UP!

GAMES

► Numblast ( English | Chinese | Korean Ver. )
○ HK$ 82.00

► PSOne ( Japanese Ver. )
○ Final Fantasy Tactics: Shishi Senso (HK$ 82.00)
○ Final Fantasy (HK$ 33.00)

► PSP
○ Mana Khemia: Student Alliance ( English Ver. | HK$ 112.00 )
○ Numblast ( English | Chinese | Korean Ver. | HK$ 82.00 )

ADD-ONS

► Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice ( English Ver. )
○ Raspberyl Chapters 1-4 (HK$ 99.00 | HK$ 24.00 each)
○ Soul Nomad Set (HK$ 33.00 | HK$ 16.00 each)
○ Fake Heroes Set (HK$ 33.00 | HK$ 7.00 - 16.00 each)
○ Item World Survival Attack Mode (HK$ 34.00)

► Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires ( Chinese Ver. )
○ Kempo Armor Set (Men)
○ Artemis Armor Set (Women)
○ Royal Armor Set (Men)
○ Queen Armor Set (Women)

► Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires ( Japanese Ver. )
○ Eclectic Armor Set (Men)
○ Priestess Armor Set (Women)
○ Norse Armor Set (Men)
○ Valkyrie Armor Set (Women)

► Dynasty Warriors Multi-Raid ( Chinese Ver. )
○ Additional Contents Version 10

► Dynasty Warriors Multi-Raid ( Japanese Ver. )
○ Additional Contents Version 18

► MotorStorm II
○ Atlas Signature Livery Pack

► Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 ( English Ver. )
○ Spyglass Hill Golf Course (HK$ 60.00)
○ Course Pass (HK$ 18.00)
○ Max Stats Costumes (HK$ 30.00)
○ Lots of Other Shit You Don't Need (HK$ 12-18)

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice
○ Raspberyl & Sapphire Theme (HK$ 7.00)
○ Gig Theme (HK$ 7.00)
○ Plenair Theme (HK$ 7.00)

Seriously, where the fuck is Peggle?

Also Brothers in Arms is at a great price. I remember playing the demo a long time ago, and thinking it was a lot of fun. Might download this.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was Medal of Honor that I played a long time ago. This one looks like shit.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
are these course being put up for sale for Tiger already in the Wii version? That's horrible.

Baron

Darkpen said:
oh wow, I didn't think being able to use your PS3 controller with the Go would get any more awesome, but being about to use vertical view on the that Capcom game collection without it being awkward is going to be awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny7RVAY0hkM

You know, I am a huge proponent of playing shmups in the correct aspect ratio...but that's just silly.

Dante

Blu_LED said:
Seriously, where the fuck is Peggle?

Also Brothers in Arms is at a great price. I remember playing the demo a long time ago, and thinking it was a lot of fun. Might download this.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was Medal of Honor that I played a long time ago. This one looks like shit.

Someone responded in the Heavy Weapon thread from the blog from Pop Cap and said it's next I believe, and said they are adding something really cool to make it worth the wait. Prob just Youtube shot uploading.

Top Bottom