• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 06/25/09

panda21

so we are pretty sure we are getting none of:
battlefield 1943
wipeout fury
mvc2

today right?

i think today update is going to suck

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
panda21 said:
so we are pretty sure we are getting none of:
battlefield 1943
wipeout fury
mvc2

today right?

i think today update is going to suck

I'd be happy if we (Europe) get Comet Crash. :/

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Bearillusion said:
It's always a shame to get a dud week but look at it as an opportunity to check out something you may have overlooked.
That's been the only issue. Some weeks have been stacked (Heavy Weapon week). While others have been dry (last week with only MGS). They could have spread things out to make things seem more busier. At least the slow weeks give people the opportunity to try some of the other over looked games.

angelfly

Only thing I'm expecting this week is the BC:R patch and FFT. Getting that SSHD for a low price this week in NA as well would also be nice.

guggnichso

Banned
angelfly said:
Only thing I'm expecting this week is the BC:R patch

Patches go online in the morning most of the time. It's 15:00 now and there's no patch on - chances are VERY slim that it will come out later today.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Stumpokapow said:
now if they just released a demo... :/
Isn't there a flash version of this game out there?
I realize it isn't a demo but it's the same game, and I believe the creator worked on Cuboid as well.
I don't remember the name but maybe someone here has it.

Chemo

angelfly said:
Only thing I'm expecting this week is the BC:R patch and FFT. Getting that SSHD for a low price this week in NA as well would also be nice.
PSN expectations, especially for things that don't have release dates, are a great way to end up disappointed.

TeTr1C

When do we get Operation Anchorage for Fallout 3? I thought they said it was right when they released Point Lookout for 360?

I'm eagerly awaiting all the Fallout 3 DLC. :D

Jim

angelfly said:

SSHD isn't getting a price drop for NA for some reason this week.

Goldrusher

No Super Stardust HD price drop for America:

SCEE said:
This week we celebrate the second anniversary of Super Stardust HD with an unmissable one week special offer on the PlayStation Store: Super Stardust HD for just €1.99 (£1.59)!!
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/06/25/super-stardust-hd-celebrates-its-two-year-anniversary/

SCEA said:
To commemorate the 2nd anniversary this week, here’s a message from one of the developers at Housemarque.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/06/25/super-stardust-hd-two-year-anniversary/#more-12436

Tntnnbltn

Europe up. Zuma full game. I'll do formatting.

PlayStation Store Update – 25 June 2009

Hey all, and welcome to this week’s store update. I just wanted to firstly acknowledge that there was quite a bit of disappointment with last week’s update; whilst we do try and ensure we have great content every week sometimes there will be a lull in the release schedule, so all I ask is that you please be patient with us when we do have quieter weeks.

Onto this week and a mix of content that should feature something for everyone. There’s reason to celebrate Super Stardust’s 2nd year anniversary for those of you who have yet to download the game, for one week only you can download the game for a really low price! Puzzle game Zuma is now available, and for those of you with an addictive personality this one will keep you coming back again and again. There’s also something ‘beardy’ for LBP users too, amongst other things ;)

Finally, I also have some good news for our French users; Final Fantasy VII will be available to you this week! Get ready to lose many hours of your life to this classic time consuming RPG.

Enjoy!
Price Reduction

Super Stardust HD (£1.59/€1.99)
To celebrate the game’s second anniversary, for one week only the price of Super Stardust HD is now reduced!
PEGI 3+
Downloadable Games

Zuma (£6.99/€7.99)
Featuring classic puzzle action, clear the spheres before they reach the golden skull and move your way further into the temples of Zuma. With adventure mode and gauntlet mode, as well as PlayStation Trophy support, there should be loads here to keep you coming back.
PEGI 3+
Add-On Game Content

LittleBigPlanet – Solstice Costume (free)
The druid is finally here for you to download, free and available for only one week, come and see for yourself the best beard you’ll ever experience in LBP!
PEGI 7+

LittleBigPlanet – John Burgerman Sticker Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
You can now decorate your own LBP levels with artwork designed by UK artist John Burgerman
PEGI 7+

High Velocity Bowling – ‘60s Surf Ball Pack (£0.79/€0.99)

High Velocity Bowling – Tiki Polynesian Ball Pack (£0.79/€0.99)
Now you can download either of these themed ball packs to take to the lanes, the balls don’t make the player, but at least you can bowl with some added style!
PEGI 3+

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift – Wombat Signature Livery Pack (free)
Another exclusive livery pack to customise your vehicle with, available for a limited time only; hurry if you want to download this free pack before it’s gone.
PEGI 12+

Guitar Hero: World Tour
This week Guitar Hero offers tracks from Phish available to download:

* Chalk Dust Torture by Phish(£1.59/€1.99)
* Down With Disease by Phish (£1.59/€1.99)
* Sample in a Jar by Phish(£1.59/€1.99)
* Phish Track Pack (This pack contains all three tracks listed above) (£4.39/€5.99)

PEGI 12+

Rock Band
Further your Rock Band experience with this selection from Maroon 5, a couple of additional tracks from Pearl Jam and the first pack taken from the Warped Tour 2009:

* Little of Your Time by Maroon 5 (£0.99/€1.49)
* Makes Me Wonder by Maroon 5 (£0.99/€1.49)
* Wake Up Call by Maroon 5 (£0.99/€1.49)
* Maroon 5 Pack 01 (this combines all the above tracks in one pack) (£2.49/€3.99)
* 21st Century (Digital Boy) by Bad Religion (£0.99/€1.49)
* Downfall of Us All by A Day to Remember (£0.99/€1.49)
* I Didn’t Say I Was Powerful, I Said I Was a Wizard by Chiodos (£0.99/€1.49)
* Reinventing Your Exit by Underoath (£0.99/€1.49)
* The Flood by Escape the Fate (£0.99/€1.49)
* Warped Tour 2009 Pack 01 (this combines all the above tracks in one pack) (£4.99/€7.99)
* Brother by Pearl Jam (£0.99/€1.49)
* Alive (Live: Drop In The Park) by Pearl Jam (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

maxax

Turning my PS3 on for this update was a waste of electricity.
Awesome week if you don't have SSHD yet, though.

Tntnnbltn

eu.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Some content not available in every Store.

GAMES

► Super Stardust HD (£1.59 / €1.99 -- Temporary price reduction)

► Zuma (£6.99 / €7.99)

► PSP
○ Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (£14.99/€19.99)

ADD-ONS

► Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce [PSP]
○ Download Pack 2 (free)

► Guitar Hero
○ Phish Track Pack (£4.39/€5.99 | £1.59/€1.99 each)
♪ Phish - "Chalk Dust Torture"
♪ Phish - "Down With Disease"
♪ Phish - "Sample in a Jar"

► High Velocity Bowling
○ '60s Surf Ball Pack (£0.79/€0.99)
○ Tiki Polynesian Ball Pack (£0.79/€0.99)

► LittleBigPlanet
○ Solstice costume (free)
○ John Burgerman Sticker Pack (£1.59/€1.99)

► Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
○ Wombat Signature Livery Pack (free)

► Rock Band
○ Maroon 5 Pack 01 (£2.49/€3.99 | £0.99/€1.49 each)
♪ Maroon 5 - "Little of Your Time"
♪ Maroon 5 - "Makes Me Wonder"
♪ Maroon 5 - "Wake Up Call"

○ Warped Tour 2009 Pack 01 (£4.99/€7.99 | £0.99/€1.49 each)
♪ A Day to Remember - "Downfall of Us All"
♪ Bad Religion - "Little of Your Time"
♪ Chiodos - "I Didn’t Say I Was Powerful, I Said I Was a Wizard"
♪ Escape the Fate - "The Flood"
♪ Underoath - "Reinventing Your Exit"

○ Various songs (£0.99/€1.49 each)
♪ Pearl Jam - "Brother"
♪ Pearl Jam - "Alive (Live: Drop In The Park)"

VIDEOS

► Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
○ Announcement trailer
○ Story trailer

► Mini Ninjas
○ E3 trailer

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► Battlefield 1943
○ Theme
○ 2x Wallpapers

► Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
○ Competition theme

Xater

UnluckyKate said:
Yet, another empty update for Europe. Where is Heavy Weapon ?

Who gives a fuck about Heavy Weapon? Why am I not already playing Fat Princess, Battlefield 1943 and Marvel vs. Capcom 2? I am pretty sure all those ames were suposed to come out this month. Fucking shit sucks :(

Xater said:
Who gives a fuck about Heavy Weapon? Why am I not already playing Fat Princess, Battlefield 1943 and Marvel vs. Capcom 2? I am pretty sure all those ames were suposed to come out this month. Fucking shit sucks :(

Those title aren't out yet, and do not have any release date. While Heavy Weapons (and the Last Guy addon) are already out on the US store for a couple of weeks.

Same goes for the Mercs 2 addon, never release over Europe.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Xater said:
Who gives a fuck about Heavy Weapon?

UnluckyKate said:
Whaaat ? Worts Store update ever.

There's just... Nothing ! Where's Heavy Weapon ?
UnluckyKate said:
Let's hope to see Heavy Weapon today on the Euro Store
UnluckyKate said:
I'd be happy if we (Europe) get Heavy Weapon. :/
UnluckyKate said:
Yet, another empty update for Europe. Where is Heavy Weapon ?
;)

Jim

BeeDog said:
576p? ruh roh :(

:p

Pfft.. seriously, it's a great game. Don't mind the overly picky bunch of whiners, the game is good enough looking once you get past the softness of the IQ (which doesn't take long). I've played them both, and still had no problem playing through the PS3 version to the end.

Top Bottom