• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 07/06/10 - Monkey Island 2 SE | Patapon 3 Demo

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Are the wrestler's still a part of these threads? Or am I just wasting my time looking for them...?

jvm

Gamasutra.
autobzooty said:
I doubt Pac-man CE is gonna come out on PSN now that Pacman CE Deluxe was announced for fall of this year. But I share your pain in waiting.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
DaBargainHunta said:
I think he means the PSP Mini version of Pac-Man CE, which is obviously different from the PSN/XBL versions of Deluxe.
I'm pretty sure Pacman CE Deluxe was announced for PS3 and PSP as well. Here's a photo of a PSP running the game at this years E3.

pac-man-championship-edition-psp-530px.jpg

Takao

Banned
Lord Error said:
I'm pretty sure Pacman CE Deluxe was announced for PS3 and PSP as well.

No, PSP/PS3 gets a port of the iPhone release of Pac-Man CE (assuming it isn't one of those rare PSP-only Minis). PS3 only gets a release of Pac-Man CE: Deluxe (also on 360). Both are set for release in the fall.

That image is showing the PSP running the original CE release, and not Deluxe...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Takao said:
No, PSP/PS3 gets a port of the iPhone release of Pac-Man CE (assuming it isn't one of those rare PSP-only Minis). PS3 only gets a release of Pac-Man CE: Deluxe (also on 360). Both are set for release in the fall.

That image is showing the PSP running the original CE release, and not Deluxe...
Thanks for clearing that up. Sounds good to me, will buy on both :p

jvm

Gamasutra.
It's not clear to me that it will be a mini. I think it will be a $9.99 title without mini-branding. This is just my personal speculation.

And I don't believe it will be gimped, regardless of what came before. But, of course, this is the PSP and disappointment and regret are part of the package.

Takao

Banned
autobzooty said:
I thought the Pacman CE mini was canned...?

And isn't the iPhone version generally considered to be gimped?

Namco Bandai never said it was dead, and had it on display at E3 last month.

The iPhone version is generally regarded poorly simply because it lacks buttons which ruins the game. So the PSP version is already ahead in that regard.

Agent X

"Trophies" in Minis aren't the standard PSN trophies that appear in the trophy collection on the PS3. These are rewards for accomplishments that appear within the game itself, but (usually) cannot be viewed outside of the game.

jvm said:
It's not clear to me that it will be a mini. I think it will be a $9.99 title without mini-branding. This is just my personal speculation.

And I don't believe it will be gimped, regardless of what came before. But, of course, this is the PSP and disappointment and regret are part of the package.

You may be right. Minis can't have leaderboards, right? I don't think that they would pass that up for what is essentially an arcade game. I may end up double dipping for PS3/PSP if it comes to both platforms and neither of them is gimped.

kassatsu

Banned
autobzooty said:
You may be right. Minis can't have leaderboards, right? I don't think that they would pass that up for what is essentially an arcade game. I may end up double dipping for PS3/PSP if it comes to both platforms and neither of them is gimped.
They can have leaderboards, just not network connected ones. High-scores doesn't imply online leaderboards.

DiscoJer

jvm said:

You are probably right, IMHO.

At least for Europe. SCEE seems to have a policy that Minis must run on the PS3 as well, or it's not a Mini.

Block Cascade Fusion ran into problems with the PSP emulator on the PS3, wouldn't work, and so got released as a regular PSN PSP game instead of a Mini.

And it doesn't make sense for Namco to release a Mini that runs on both, and then a version just for the PS3.

Any idea on price for Monkey Island 2 ? 10 or 15 Euros/USD? Still have 20 Euros in my account so maybe a double buy for me :lol

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
LiquidMetal14 said:

Don't worry, there's a Pac-man CE DX (Collector's Edition Deluxe), which will have actual PSN trophies.

Xater

SolidusDave said:
http://i49.tinypic.com/5yaf5z.jpg[IMG]
"mmmhhhh....."

[spoiler](I have a dirty mind, marketing Move should be fun!)[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[url=http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=wouldmovehzny.jpg][img]http://www.abload.de/img/wouldmovehzny.jpg[/url]

jvm

Gamasutra.
So we don't know if EWJHD is coming today or not?

Also, still hoping for something good for my PSP Go. I'm on vacation and in the mood for something awesome.

V_Ben

Banned
jvm said:

Also, still hoping for something good for my PSP Go. I'm on vacation and in the mood for something awesome.

Persona 3 should be on PSN this week (but only if you're in the USA) :D

Takao

Banned
jvm said:

You pick up Hot Shots Tennis: Get A Grip? Game will take over your soul until you've finished it.

Edgeward

Good placement of the wrestlers. Stil wondering whether I should get MI2 on PSN, controller for an adventure doesn't sit well with me... but trophies. @_@

DoomGyver

This weeks a bummer since Blacklight got delayed. I even had money put in my wallet already and I be damned if I buy the pleaserapeme mappack.

zzzzzz

Takao

Banned
DMPrince said:
this is what's in the Patapon 3 Multiplayer Demo

Should set up a thread so we can get some games going ;D

I'd be in for that.

lol @ the comments though, one dude raging about Call of Duty expensive map packs not being up, and another begging for ports. Stay classy PSN commenters.

In other news, hi Grace Chen!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
autobzooty said:
And isn't the iPhone version generally considered to be gimped?
Controls are not ideal, but they did the best they could with the touch screen, and it's still good fun.

Top Bottom