• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 07/06/10 - Monkey Island 2 SE | Patapon 3 Demo

Massa said:
Yes, you have to delete accounts but you can keep all the content from different regions on your memory stick.

But you can't play them unless you currently have that specific region's account activated and signed in on your PSP. Only 1 is allowed at once.

Or am I wrong...

Vamphuntr

Patapon 3 is fun but most people playing online are not good/don't understand the game. They never use summon to revive you and they barely do anything.

No45

Metalmurphy said:
"The US content is not extra, it was stuff that was always part of their month one offering, but they didn’t announce it until this week. We’ve decided to make our Plus content all available at the start of the month."

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010...ion-store-update-7th-july-2010/#comment-85742
Another comment here doesn't sound quite so cut and dried:

"To be honest I am surprised they have made that much content available at a discount.

It’s not my place to really comment any further until I know for certain what’s happening, but I’ve passed this information on internally."

No45

He's gone on to say (In a completely non-committal way) that he thinks they're releasing new weekly discounts in July only, and that from next month it'll be released together in the same way as the EU store.

I'm not sure which I prefer (Big bang is awesome once a month, but the trickles mean there's something to look forward to each week...), but I wish they'd all do the same fucking thing.

Do we have any idea on what this service is to Japan yet?

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Did Sony finally locked all non US credit cards out? Or are there still Europeans here which are able to buy from the US store? Whenever I try to add funds I get a 80023102 error.

mehdi_san

kamorra said:
Did Sony finally locked all non US credit cards out? Or are there still Europeans here which are able to buy from the US store? Whenever I try to add funds I get a 80023102 error.
Install hotspot shield on your pc/mac (free), launch it (it will give your computer a fake american IP address), go to playstation.com and look for the account management for the PSN, add funds using the credit card you used to use before, buy your games from your ps3. That's how I have to do it now (since a few weeks ago).

mehdi_san said:
Install hotspot shield on your pc/mac (free), launch it (it will give your computer a fake american IP address), go to playstation.com and look for the account management for the PSN, add funds using the credit card you used to use before, buy your games from your ps3. That's how I have to do it now (since a few weeks ago).

Does that work for Japan as well? I can actually use my US card to buy JPN games without a PSN card?

Massa

jetsetfluken said:
But you can't play them unless you currently have that specific region's account activated and signed in on your PSP. Only 1 is allowed at once.

Or am I wrong...

Yes, only the content associated with the active account is playable.

mehdi_san

Host Samurai said:
Does that work for Japan as well? I can actually use my US card to buy JPN games without a PSN card?
I'm not sure the JPN store is IP-locked. I can still buy stuff from the the European store for instance, even if I'm not in Europe. I think the problem with the JPN store is not about faking your IP address, it's just that it won't take non-japanese credit cards.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
mehdi_san said:

Thank you but it still wont work. When I try to add the funds I get a "The credit card information is not valid" error. The same card worked for the last years.

mehdi_san

kamorra said:
Thank you but it still wont work. When I try to add the funds I get a "The credit card information is not valid" error. The same card worked for the last years.
This is weird, I just used it last week. Were you able to confirm that you had an American IP address?

mehdi_san

Well that sucks, that's the only way I knew could work. Maybe they do BOTH an IP-check AND a credit card check. I use an American credit card, but they started rejecting it a few weeks ago. When I use hotspot shield, I can add funds again with the same card...

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
kamorra, I'm having the same problem. Card used to work. Now it doesn't.

Using a american IP doesn't help either, I'm completely blocked. Super lame.

Every time I buy something in the german store I hope that the content is english and not broken.

denomes

jvm said:
When did Trine get an update? I just downloaded a 51MB update that I think was 1.01...

No way!? I assume this is the patch that was released in Europe in like November 2009. It corrects the lack of a background image when selecting the game in the XMB and also scales the difficulty of the last level.

I was so bitter that this patch never got released in NA because it pretty much tainted my pretty PSN collection, not having the background image there.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Awesome, the Trine patch fixes the no-image/plain trophy design.

jvm

Gamasutra.
kassatsu said:
ok list is finally updating. I promise to be more on time next week.
While you were gone we all agreed that DMeisterJ should do the updates from now on.

You had a good run. Thanks for all the work.

You can have your old job back if you can get me Pac-man CE for my PSP within the next three business days. Thank you.

kassatsu

Banned
jvm said:
While you were gone we all agreed that DMeisterJ should do the updates from now on.

You had a good run. Thanks for all the work.

You can have your old job back if you can get me Pac-man CE for my PSP within the next three business days. Thank you.
Wouldn't it be the Fuck You Grace Chen weekly thread then and not the PS Store thread ;)

jvm

Gamasutra.
kassatsu said:
Wouldn't it be the Fuck You Grace Chen weekly thread then and not the PS Store thread ;)
I believe the final title agreed on was some combination of that and "All Hail Kebby", yes.

Oneself

kamorra said:

Don't worry about that, I'm having the same error code but without even trying to do "illegal" stuff. I used this card since the PS3's launch and then it stopped working a couple of weeks ago. So far, I spoke with an incompetent moron over at Sony's customer service and the only answer he was able to tell me was: "well, you can buy PSN cards at various places".
:lol

Massa

Here's what Entropay had to say about the credit card issue:

Thank you for your email.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience however from the feedback we have received from other PlayStation users, it appears that PlayStation may now be doing an AVS (Address Verification System) check on the cards used for depositing which we do not support.

Unfortunately we have no control over other merchants’ payment systems however you may contact the merchant and explain that EntroPay Cards are just like a normal prepaid VISA Card and that you use our service to protect you from overcharges.

We hope they above attends to your query however should you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

So not only are they blocking the use of credit cards by IP address they're also doing further checks to make sure the credit card is based in the US.

Hopefully they'll still support PSN cards, I have a PSP Go and there's no local Playstation Store.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Finally got around to playing "Monsters (probably) Stole My Princess".

Cute presentation, but I really, really hate the jumping. And since the game is pretty much all jumping (and snickering at the jokes), that means I (probably) hate the game.

Ah well.

Ok, I'm pumped. Let's have a great week this time, everyone.

Also, if someone else wants to tweet to @PlayStation about Dark Forces still not working on PS3, that'd be great. The more people that complain, the more likely it will get fixed for PS3. Hopefully. :p

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
So I havn't touched my PS3 in a month or so..come back..and now I hear I can't buy stuff from the US PSN with my US card? I live in Japan, so this is just heart-breaking.

Benedict

Pixeljunk Racers 2nd Lap has been released in Japan for ¥500.
there were talks before that owners of Pixeljunk Racers would get à discount on the game. Do somebody know how that works? I bought the first game on the Japanese store and would like to "upgrade" my game to 2nd Lap.

DiscoJer

Some more Pac-Man CE news in today's post about Sony selling a million minis.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/07/14/minis-pass-1-million-downloads/#comments

Pac-Man is looking great as a minis title and loads of great modes included. And one of the great benefits of it being a minis game is that you can pay once but then play on your PSP and PS3.

and

Pac-man C.E. got mentioned?!
Wow about time…so…when’s the release date?
I’ve been waiting for this game since it was announced last September!

Posted on 14 July, 2010 at 4:59 pm by Adam Grant

Hello

It is due to release soon, hang in there!

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I've seen that song and dance before. Hopefully it's true this time.

Pac-man CE on the go is going to be such a stupendous time-waster. Dare I hope for online leaderboards? Do any other minis have anything like that?

DiscoJer

Shig said:
I've seen that song and dance before. Hopefully it's true this time.

Pac-man CE on the go is going to be such a stupendous time-waster. Dare I hope for online leaderboards? Do any other minis have anything like that?

No, presumably because that would be very hard to emulate on the PS3. (I'm sure it could be done, but probably beyond Sony's desire to do)

There's one that gets around this by generating a code you enter on the company's website. But Namco isn't going to do, I'm sure.

Benedict said:
Pixeljunk Racers 2nd Lap has been released in Japan for ¥500.
there were talks before that owners of Pixeljunk Racers would get à discount on the game. Do somebody know how that works? I bought the first game on the Japanese store and would like to "upgrade" my game to 2nd Lap.

I don't know any Japanese, but when I looked for the PJR icon, I only found that there was a single 100 yen item for sale and I guessed it would be the 2nd lap add-on, so I bought it (I had exactly 100 yen left, heh) and downloaded it. However, I observed that when I launched the original PJR it wasn't updated nor prompted me to do so.

It's actually an entirely new separate game, there is no add-on (much like their intention with PJ Shooter 2). The game is in English, supports rumble and video recording (PJR didn't) and of course, trophies (15 bronze, 1 gold).

Funny that it's smaller than the original PJR too (37 MB VS 42 MB). But from what I see, it does include all of PJR's (rebalanced) content indeed plus a bit more.

Gitakaren

Neo Member
worldrevolution said:
So I havn't touched my PS3 in a month or so..come back..and now I hear I can't buy stuff from the US PSN with my US card? I live in Japan, so this is just heart-breaking.

A few weeks ago I could use Hotspot Shield to add funds online with my US card, but now I tried it again and it doesn't work anymore. Apparently they're blocking VPN IPs as well or something. *sigh* Does anyone know of a workaround?

Top Bottom