• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 07/31/12 - PSN Play: Expendables 2 | War of the Monsters (PS2)

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Has anyone seen the Sound Shapes them yet?
The theme is a bit lackluster. It's a brown background with a white banner on the bottom with the game's name. I have an SDTV, so the icons overlap with the banner, and makes certain text unreadable. I was already going to buy the game, so I didn't mind preordering, but it's not much of a reason to preorder.

winjet81

So, is there a list posted of upcoming PSP games to be placed on the Vita store.

I mean, I KNOW I'm asking a lot of Sony, but this is something that should be a no brainer.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
She's taken "Host of Pulse" out of her profile on Twitter (I'm pretty sure it was there a week or two ago), so I guess that's as much confirmation as we'll ever get.

Well now it's a summarized by a generic sentence, doesn't confirm anything yet. Mind as well say she's stopped hosting that Korean show too

"Host of: Pulse on PSN, Short Notice on MNET, AMN Radio. Walking by faith, not by sight. "

baberunisei

Does anybody know if with the update the prices of the Atlus' games like Catherine already went back to normal? I was hoping to get Catherine today for 20 bucks...

Tizoc

PSN states Fall of Cybertron demo as 2.5 GB, and I have 4.5 GB free, but when I try to DL it it says there's not enough space; what gives?

Toki767

PSN states Fall of Cybertron demo as 2.5 GB, and I have 4.5 GB free, but when I try to DL it it says there's not enough space; what gives?

The way downloads are handled on PSN, I believe you need twice the space to download and install something.

Tizoc

The way downloads are handled on PSN, I believe you need twice the space to download and install something.

Err I'm dling Expendables 2 demo with no problems. Usually the size of a demo on PSN is how much it'll be when u install it.

Toki767

Err I'm dling Expendables 2 demo with no problems. Usually the size of a demo on PSN is how much it'll be when u install it.

You download the installer, which is 2.5GB, then it installs the game, which is 2.5GB so 5GB is taken total. After it installs the game, it deletes the installer so 2.5GB is the total at the end.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
is War of the Monsters good? I had never played it but saw a lot of people excited it was coming out.

I still own my PS2 WoM disc, and it's still great when you can play with another person. Me and my buddies used to have some awesome battles in the VS mode.

Also, I find it really interesting to see Sony adding games like Primal and WoM to the PS2 Classics line. I wonder if they'll have some kind of cameo/representation in PBR?

Tizoc

You download the installer, which is 2.5GB, then it installs the game, which is 2.5GB so 5GB is taken total. After it installs the game, it deletes the installer so 2.5GB is the total at the end.

Oh I see, my bad ^_^; Well will try it out by next week then when I upgrade my HDD.

Zia

I meant the theme. Sorry.

The theme is a bit lackluster. It's a brown background with a white banner on the bottom with the game's name. I have an SDTV, so the icons overlap with the banner, and makes certain text unreadable. I was already going to buy the game, so I didn't mind preordering, but it's not much of a reason to preorder.

Thanks for the post. It probably is an SDTV issue. It's pretty crisp here, and I'd actually use this as my primary theme now, however why does it need a huge Sound Shapes logo in the bottom right corner? The icons are lovely and evocative enough, as are the little characters at the bottom (one of which I'm unfamiliar with... hm... ), and the folks that are using it have spent money on the game, so why does it need a large advertisement ruining it? Blech. Could've been the best custom theme I've seen, but instead I've already deleted it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hey kas,

When is dungeons coming out?

As for Christina Lee...I miss her already. It was a nice quick way to catch up on stuff and get a glimpse of the stuff being released. But she did say and that's it for Pulse'

Also not sure why anyone would put hime at the end for her when she is Korean...:p

Not much on the store for me again, but goddamn it WHERE IS MY VITA PSONE SUPPORT!

I bought the damn thing GIVE ME SOMETHING TO PLAY

Glix

So the update is Expendables, some random RR and a terrible PS2 game? God dammit Sony, this is embarrassing

I don't know. The update would have to actually go live first. Even more embarrassing that they can't even maintain, like, a consistent SIX hour window.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Thanks for the post. It probably is an SDTV issue. It's pretty crisp here, and I'd actually use this as my primary theme now, however why does it need a huge Sound Shapes logo in the bottom right corner? The icons are lovely and evocative enough, as are the little characters at the bottom (one of which I'm unfamiliar with... hm... ), and the folks that are using it have spent money on the game, so why does it need a large advertisement ruining it? Blech. Could've been the best custom theme I've seen, but instead I've already deleted it.
I like the icons, and might just use them with another background, but the giant banner is weird, and again, it obscures the text which is more unfortunate. The Pixeljunk Monsters snow theme is still the best, even if I didn't care for the game.

Agent X

nope, can't even preorder Sound Shapes on Vita lol

It's crazy that Sony doesn't allow for this. Perhaps the mechanism for processing preorders isn't available on the PS Vita's version of the PS Store, but if that's the case then they need to remedy that as soon as possible.

Obviously, if you own a PS3, then you could preorder there (and I intend to do so tonight). However, if you own a Vita but not a PS3, then you can't participate in the preordering process or obtain an early bonus. If Vita had a preorder option available, then it (along with PS3 preorders) might be a good way for Sony to gauge which system(s) people are interested in playing on.

Arya Stark

Neo Member
I don't know. The update would have to actually go live first. Even more embarrassing that they can't even maintain, like, a consistent SIX hour window.

It's out for me. Given how there's no content in the update I can see how you made that mistake :)

Apdiddy

Any impressions regarding Expendables 2?

My demo froze on me, so I'm glad I'm not buying it.

From the limited time I played it...drab backgrounds, game looks like a second-rate PSP or PS2 game, not that much in combat or gameplay, relatively boring. I would say 'janky' but that word doesn't mean anything to me.

the demo seemed sorta like G.I.Joe
I'm thinking to get it but I like stupid shit, like that G.I.Joe game

My demo froze on me, so I'm glad I'm not buying it.

From the limited time I played it...drab backgrounds, game looks like a second-rate PSP or PS2 game, not that much in combat or gameplay, relatively boring. I would say 'janky' but that word doesn't mean anything to me.

Thanks.

Top Bottom