• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 08/13/09 IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

WOW. I come in to a PS store thread and see people bitching about the value of an item.

I'm with the people who are defending it's value. What you pay for is the item. Don't look at what it's missing because that isn't part of the package. People collect lunchboxes. Some come with a thermos, some don't. What the collector is actually looking for is the FUCKING ARTWORK ON THE FRONT OF IT plus the fact that owning it may bring some form of pleasure to the collector.

DMeisterJ

Banned
DMPrince said:
"Hi, for the psp go launch we are releasing lots of games today". there you go. all 240 games ;P

You know what happens when we get a good PS Store update, it comes later.

An update of that caliber might come days late.

Well, Nintendo has just trumped Sony (for me).

I was watching TV, waiting for Sony to finally update the store so I can really get my hands on Marvel vs. Capcom 2, which has been years in the making. It's a long story, involving driving miles out of my way on a trip through the states, only to find the copy I'd heard of was being sold at GS for $80 on PS2 with no case or manual and a scratched disc. I basically told him to fuck himself.

anyhoo, booting up the DSi to kill some time I see Nintendo has stealthily released Flipnote Studio for free. I'll give Marvel a couple rounds, but i think the night will go to making cartoons on the DS.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Massa said:
Is the MVC2 demo 2-p only?

Just like other Capcom fighters on XBLA/PSN: Yes.

Aru said:
I'm sure you can find TR Anniversary for this price in a bargain bin, or used.

Exactly. I'm all for the PSX version, but at that price? With Dino Criss 1/2, Biohazard 2/3, FFT on the horizon? Get out of town!

MvC2 and Wild Arms 2 (but I REALLY need to finish Wild Arms 1) for me this week, I guess. Doubt I'm going to get anything else for the month. I need to stop spending so much. :lol

TheSeks

Ashhong said:
boooo the unlock code doesnt work on old demo.

Yep, you're going to have to redownload the demo. Something changed since June, I guess.

Also: No trophies from what I'm seeing. WTF? *Hopefully they'll magically pop onto my list in a few minutes*

Fixed1979

Madden NFL 10 Packs and Upgrades (x27) ($0.50 – $9.99)
Various packs and upgrades for Madden NFL 10!
File sizes: 100 KB each

WTF, this doesn't even come out until tomorrow does it? Is that a first? DLC for an unreleased game?

ten dollars for one of the best games ever ? too cheap. I wil replay it for the tenth time :D

five dollars for tomb raider anniversary is about ten dollars too much. I almost cried when i got at the dinosaur in the remake.. they trasformed one the best moments ever in a videogame in one stupid boss battle. And the rest of the game was even worse, it felt like an EA blockbuster.

kassatsu

Banned
us.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates Thursday @ ~ 5PM EDT

GAMES

► Marvel vs. Capcom 2
○ $14.99

► PSOne
○ Tomb Raider ($9.99)
○ Ten Pin Alley ($5.99)
○ Dead in the Water ($5.99)

ADD-ONS

► Cross Edge
○ Add-on Dungeon 5
○ Big Strong Pack ($1.99)
○ Stew Pack ($1.99)
○ Unspoken Fear Pack ($1.99)

► Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice
○ DLC Complete Set ($49.99)

► Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
○ Arabian Armour Set (women)
○ Mystic Armour Set (men)
○ Wa Armour Set (women)
○ Shinobi Armour Set (men)

► Guitar Hero: World Tour
♪ Activision Track Pack

► LittleBigPlanet
○ History Kit ($3.99)
○ History Costumes ($2.99 | $0.99 each)
– Ada Lovelace
– Boudica
– Genghis Khan
– Mozart

► Madden NFL 10
○ Online Franchise ($9.99)
○ Elite Status ($4.99)
○ Madden Max Pack ($9.99)
○ Max Franchise Pack ($6.99)
○ Expert Scout Pack ($2.99)
○ Franchise Player Pack ($2.99)
○ Great Staff Pack ($2.99)
○ Plus More

► Pain
○ Smooth Jarvis
○ Museum Add-on ($5.99)
○ Naughty Bits Mode 1: Knockin' Bloks ($1.99)

► Red Faction: Guerilla
○ Demons of the Badlands ($9.99)

► Rock Band
○ Gorillaz Pack 01 ($5.49 | $1.99 each)
♪ "Clint Eastwood" by Gorillaz
♪ "Feel Good Inc." by Gorillaz
♪ "Re-Hash" by Gorillaz
○ Various Tracks ($1.99 each)
♪ "Chest Fever" (Live) by The Band
♪ "Magic Bus" (Live at Leeds) by The Who
♪ "Piece of my Heart" by Big Brother and the Holding Company
♪ "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane

► Rock Band Unplugged
○ Various Tracks ($1.99 each)
♪ "The Number" of the Beast by Iron Maiden
♪ "The Trooper" by Iron Maiden

VIDEOS

► Alpha Protocol
○ Gameplay Walkthrough #2

► Astro Tripper
○ Trailer

► Battle Tanks
○ Trailer

► Darksiders
○ Comic Con Trailer

► Mini Ninjas
○ Tora Vignette

► Pulse
○ 8/13 Edition

► Unbound Saga
○ Between the Panels Issue 3

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

○ All Star Theme ($0.99)

► Fat Princess
○ Wallpaper 1

► Premium PS3 Themes
○ Azmodeus Dark Angels Theme 4 ($1.49)
○ Metal Battalion Maidens Theme 3 ($1.49)
○ Amplified Theme ($1.49)
○ World’s Apart Theme ($1.49)
○ Lingerie Football League ($1.99)
○ Fear 2: Reborn Theme ($1.99)

► Premium PSP Themes
○ Amplified PSP Theme ($1.49)
○ World’s Apart PSP Theme ($1.49)
○ Lingerie Football League PSP Theme ($1.99)
○ Azmodeus Dark Angels PSP Theme 7 ($0.99)
○ Azmodeus Dark Angels PSP Theme 8 ($0.99)

Why the fuck is Yuro getting Madden NFL 10 PSP on their store day and date with the UMD release but not us? SCEA can't be that stupid? Right? Right?

kassatsu

Banned
Yea Sony's "Premium" PSOne fee needs to go. I mean Tomb Raider was the shit back in the day, dunno if it is worth $10 now though.

TheSeks

Guy Legend said:
Wait....wtf.

They suddenly popped up. It seems they don't auto-load on the first boot up. What the hell? :/

Though the achievement/trophy icons look HORRIBLE compared to the 360/XBLA version. Pixeled shit. Fuck you Backbone. :|

Wait, checking them in the XMB they look okay. :| Bizzare.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Is the MvsC2 demo this week new or just the old one bumped up? I still got the DC game but I wouldn't mind having a momentary glimpse of what it looks like in HD!

kassatsu said:
○ DLC Complete Set ($49.99)

Isn't that the price of the game itself? o_O

TheSeks

Lindsay said:
Isn't that the price of the game itself? o_O

New. Used it's like $30-35.

BTW: Half the characters aren't really needed. The only one worth half a damn is Hero Prinny for "Hells Finest" evility. (Basically if he dies he can come back from the panel, but you lose a unit dispatch, it's useful for finding the things that are in the item world for the achievements of Disgaea 3)

Scalpel Knight said:
I thought perhaps it's the full game PLUS the DLC.

Disgaea 3... on PSN... for download...

:lol :lol :lol No. It's the bundled DLC because it is that much if you buy ALL of them. Disgaea 3's DLC is a total scam (and they won't even bring out Toro/Kuro in the US).

At least Cross Edge gets some free DLC among the pay-for crap. :|

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Scalpel Knight said:
At first I was wondering that, but then I thought perhaps it's the full game PLUS the DLC. Can anyone confirm?
It's all the DLC only.

Yeah, there was a ton of DLC for this game.

MSRP is 39.99.

Crisis

Banned
Scalpel Knight said:
At first I was wondering that, but then I thought perhaps it's the full game PLUS the DLC. Can anyone confirm?

Of course not. There has been a LOT of DLC for Disgaea 3.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
TheSeks said:
They suddenly popped up. It seems they don't auto-load on the first boot up. What the hell? :/

Though the achievement/trophy icons look HORRIBLE compared to the 360/XBLA version. Pixeled shit. Fuck you Backbone. :|

Wait, checking them in the XMB they look okay. :| Bizzare.
XMB icons are always loaded as low-quality when your running a game. You have to be on the main XMB screen to view their original quality.

TheSeks

Scalpel Knight said:
Holy crap. Are you kidding me? I haven't even opened my copy of Disgaea 3 as yet (yeah, I know it's been out a while). $50 USD worth of DLC?

Yep, some of the DLC that Japan got for free NISA is charging $1-2 for. (Or three characters for $5 a pop)

It's totally stupid. The only must-have is Hero Prinny (for the evility, again) and the Raspberyl chapter.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Scalpel Knight said:

It can't be the game only cause on the playstation blog it says the file size is 1.24mb most of which is probably taken up by the custom theme you get with it. Some "DLC" that is! :lol

Is this bundle in any way cheaper then buying it seperately? If not... wow, the dev must be nuts!

TheSeks said:
New. Used it's like $30-35.

BTW: Half the characters aren't really needed. The only one worth half a damn is Hero Prinny for "Hells Finest" evility. (Basically if he dies he can come back from the panel, but you lose a unit dispatch, it's useful for finding the things that are in the item world for the achievements of Disgaea 3)

I dunno what any of that means I never played the games I was just surprised at that pricing @_@;;

Has anyone gone through and added up game DLC prices? I wonder how much LBP's adds up to...... @_@

TheSeks said:
Yep, some of the DLC that Japan got for free NISA is charging $1-2 for. (Or three characters for $5 a pop)

It's totally stupid. The only must-have is Hero Prinny (for the evility, again) and the Raspberyl chapter.
That's pretty insane. Normally I like supporting NISA but there's a point where I draw the line. You could buy many more worthwhile things for less than $50 combined on PSN.

Lindsay said:
Has anyone gone through and added up game DLC prices? I wonder how much LBP's adds up to...... @_@
I'm almost afraid to know. I'm all for DLC, but not when much of it adds up to more than the cost of the game. I'll make a slight exception for Rock Band and games of that ilk because there are more songs online than in the game itself. But still...

TheSeks said:
People still play Pain? I got it for free with the MGS4 80 gig PS3 bundle and played it for all of five minutes before deleting it. :|

Actually the game is pretty cool now. I guess enough people bought the constantly released DLC so that they can keep the support for the game over this whole time.
Aside from the DLC, if you just update your basic version you get a LOT of features&content, like instant-replay-editor with exporting as video to the HDD or Youtube, Online-Multiplayer, these little free weekly(?) test-maps and so on.

I bought it when it was 5$ and did not buy any DLC for it (though I'm happy for "another" free character, even if it is basically just an ad), but I had quite some fun in the offline/online MP. The SP/ core-gameplay itself was not entertaining for me at first, though when you "get it" you really spend some time to try to hit specific stuff (i.e. to get the other modes and costumes), make long combos etc.

I'm at the point where I'm thinking about buying some of the DLC (though not the characters...).

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
MvsC2 is exactly like I remember it. Though I think I may have a lost a few steps cause I got my ass handed to me after the 6 fight or so.

Guile
BB Hood
Jin

Guile - Sonic Hurricane -> Jin Tornado Super or BB Hood Grab Supers = dangerous

I downloaded the unlock code- I had the demo from way back when it was first released.

it still says "demo" though? do I have to RE-download the MVC demo for this to work?

Ashhong

Manmademan said:
I downloaded the unlock code- I had the demo from way back when it was first released.

it still says "demo" though? do I have to RE-download the MVC demo for this to work?

yes.

i dont know if its just me but the multiplayer just does not want to work. on the rare occasion i find a quick match, it disconnects mid game. if i search for a game, the ps3 pretty much freezes on the server refresh screen. weird

mackaveli

hey guys, going to be home in half hour to download mvc2.

Anyone want to play any matches add me on PSN: Mackaveli

I can either play top tier if you want a highly competitive match ( i am pretty decent),
or if anyone wants to play low tier or new to the game and want to play characters that aren't good i would love to play you guys. I love to use ryu, ken, guile, jill, gambit, and so forth but it sucks to use those characters against top tier.

Hit me up and we can play :)

PSN: Mackaveli

kassatsu

Banned
hk.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week.

DEMOS

► Marvel vs. Capcom 2 ( English Ver. )
○ 201 MB

GAMES

► Marvel. vs. Capcom 2 ( English Ver. )
○ HK$ 118.00

ADD-ONS

► Disgaea 2 Portable ( Japanese Ver. )
○ Ash (HK$ 16.00)
○ Marona (HK$ 16.00)

► Dynasty Warriors Multi-Raid ( PSP | Chinese Ver. )
○ Add-on Content Ver. 17

► Dynasty Warriors Multi-Raid ( PSP | Japanese Ver. )
○ Add-on Content Ver. 25

► Madden NFL 10 ( English Ver. )
○ Online Franchise (HK$ 80.00)
○ Elite Status (HK$ 40.00)
○ Madden Max Pack (HK$ 80.00)
○ Max Franchise Pack (HK$ 56.00)
○ Expert Scout Pack (HK$ 24.00)
○ Franchise Player Pack (HK$ 24.00)
○ Great Staff Pack (HK$ 24.00)
○ Plus More

► Record of the Agarest War Zero ( Japanese Ver. )
○ Items (x3)
○ Points (x1)
○ Gallery Open (x4)

-PXG-

What the hell? $50 for all the Disgaea 3 DLC? Are you fucking kidding me. They better come out with a GOTY or some shit. I already have the game, but no way in hell am I going to spend the original full price of the game, on DLC. They are out of their fucking minds.

Top Bottom