• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 09/07/10 - TerRover

BeeDog

kassatsu said:
So there is nothing official about the TerRover date in Europe, but they are shooting for the end of the month/early october.

That sucks, but at least it will prevent me from impulse-buying it without waiting for impressions beforehand.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
boingball said:
TerRover ($14.99)

might consider it for $7.99

(minis) Flying Hamster (€6.99)

wait, wasn't there a limit for the maximum price of €4.99 for minis?

I get the impression, that Sony is increasing the prices on the PSN Store, so they can implement this strategy:
1) rob the early adopters
2) offer a discount for PSN+ users a couple of weeks later. This makes it look like PSN+ is a good deal.
3) offer a discount for everyone months later
4) offer the titles for free a year later (once everyone interested paying for them has already bought them).

I understand the business reason, but from a customer perspective it sucks. Anyway, I will wait for 3) for Castle Crashers, TerOver and all those other upcoming PSN titles.

Perhaps we should track pricing on the store. Before and after Plus. I fear upward creep too, €7 for a mini seems silly unless I'm missing something about that game. Let's see what it costs on PC/iPhone (other platforms it's later coming to, apparently).

kassatsu said:
So there is nothing official about the TerRover date in Europe, but they are shooting for the end of the month/early october.
One more reason for me not to care about this game. I'm actually a big fan of Tik/Creat but they can do better than that. US/EU simultaneously HAS to be made fucking mandatory by Sony. I cannot believe this shit is still happening.
might consider it for $7.99
This. I would impulse buy pretty much anything remotely interesting for 4.99-7.99. I can't be the only one right? Is it so much more profitable to send a game to die at a 15 pricepoint? I really can't imagine that, but then again, I may be completely wrong.
In retail everyone is complaining that only the big blockbuster games are making money and only few games really sell well. Guess what, it has to do with how many titles there are available and the pricepoint at which they are sold.
DD is heading into the same direction and that is really dumb.

Gameboy415

I really liked the demo for TerRover but, as I seem to say almost every week, no way in hell am I paying $14.99 for it.

I'm all for supporting developers but they need to learn that lower prices = more impulse buys and more sales overall!

Any word on this week's PS+ content?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Blu_LED said:
Didn't Grace say there would be a surprise for people who updated?

You don't get to jailbreak your PS3. Surprise!

Only way I'm going to update my PS3 is if they put Arc the Lad/Vagrant Story/etc. etc. etc. of my list out today. Otherwise I can go a week or two without PSN and see what pans out on the Jailbreak front.

UFRA

HamPster PamPster said:
In the minis thread back in like January I called Flying Hamster as the 2010 GOTY (at the very least it will be the cutest game of the year! :D )

And now its here!

HamPster PamPster
(Today, 01:14 PM)
Reply | Quote

Hmmm.

graywolf323

TheSeks said:
You don't get to jailbreak your PS3. Surprise!

Only way I'm going to update my PS3 is if they put Arc the Lad/Vagrant Story/etc. etc. etc. of my list out today. Otherwise I can go a week or two without PSN and see what pans out on the Jailbreak front.

even then you could just download them via Media Go on your PC, if you have a PSP transfer them over to it and then transfer them to your PS3 from the PSP

not 100% sure that would work but it sounds plausible to me :lol

TheSeks

graywolf323 said:
even then you could just download them via Media Go on your PC, if you have a PSP transfer them over to it and then transfer them to your PS3 from the PSP

not 100% sure that would work but it sounds plausible to me :lol

I can do that with PSNfucker/lover.prx already

The issue is:
PSP emulator for PSX emulation for games that want a firmware above 5.50 for stability (FF8) SUUUUCKS because they haven't updated past 5.55 for CFW

Just means I can transfer them back to the PS3.

But if they want me to be a customer, they need to start giving things that people demand. Not shitty Disney games for PSX classics, FFS Sony. :|

kassatsu said:
No update yet??

:lol

psnavatar.gif

TheSeks

You two should just date already. ;)

I'm sure they're withholding the update until everyone updates to 3.42. Sorry, guys. It looks like this thread will be here until after Christmas.

zon

I just want Dead Nation, this fucking waiting is driving me insane. Fucking Housemarque just let me give you my money already!

DiscoJer

ULTROS! said:
Weird... I was under the impression that Flying Hamster was a Japanese mini.

Close, it's French...

They actually sort of have Minis in Japan, but they apparently don't have a separate minis program - they just get released as regular PSN titles, and some of those (Sony's, anyway) have made it over here as Minis.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Hey look! A new blog post!

ModNation Mon...

Whaaaattt?!

Did the firmware update and me-to controller posts really have to take up the bulk of the day?! They have to do a PS+ post to! Update at midnight confirmed!

So while we wait I was wondering if the RE5 demo is worth downloading! Good demo? Bad? Short? What?

Crisis

Banned
Lindsay said:
Hey look! A new blog post!

Whaaaattt?!

Did the firmware update and me-to controller posts really have to take up the bulk of the day?! They have to do a PS+ post to! Update at midnight confirmed!

So while we wait I was wondering if the RE5 demo is worth downloading! Good demo? Bad? Short? What?

You misspelled "too" twice in that post! The RE5 demo is two "scenarios" from Resident Evil 5. I feel like they're fairly representative of RE5 but unless they updated the demo since, Sheva's AI isn't finished in this one. It isn't great in the final game but it's way better than in the demo. Worth checking out.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Crisis said:
You misspelled "too" twice in that post! The RE5 demo is two "scenarios" from Resident Evil 5. I feel like they're fairly representative of RE5 but unless they updated the demo since, Sheva's AI isn't finished in this one. It isn't great in the final game but it's way better than in the demo. Worth checking out.

I miswrite alotta things it comes with the territory of being all fired up!! d/ling (slowwwwwwly) now! 942 isn't nearly as bad as I was expecting since its capcom but it'll still take until tomorrow or so ta finish ~.~

edit: wait a minute wtf at that blog post! shouldn't it be "modnation TUESDAY"? :lol

ScrabbleBanshee said:
They must be preparing one shitload of a PS+ update, they are so behind schedule...

They're putting every PS1 game on the store, which is why it's taking longer than usual. Can't wait to fire up Chrono Cross tonight.

h3ro

DMeisterJ said:
It's probably taking them a long time to put Xenogears up on the store. Yep

That's it.

Nope. It's changing the CERO rating for Vagrant Story to the NA T for Teen version that's holding it all up.

Takao

Banned
Clearly Grace Chen got homework, and is trying to finish up before updating the store. But man, who gives homework on the first day of school?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I think they broked the ticker it just keeps repeating "DOWNLOAD NOW" and "Move Event Now in Home". Don't they usually have 4 things scrolling on by? These 2 sure is getting old!

Takao said:
Clearly Grace Chen got homework, and is trying to finish up before updating the store. But man, who gives homework on the first day of school?

Kevin Butler: VP of Strict Edumacation

criesofthepast said:
Jesus the PS Blog comments are pathetic.

Are you kidding me?! They're the best part of update day!

akaKEYSERSOZE | September 7th, 2010 at 5:37 pm

This update better have Tomba! you bunch of robots,hurry up or else!!!
jimfear | September 7th, 2010 at 5:47 pm

stop playing with move or grabbing your ass and update the damn store damn it!

Do you not see the funny?!

criesofthepast said:
Jesus the PS Blog comments are pathetic. Surprised they haven't turned on moderated comments. Or turn them off completely.
wouldn't happen if they knew how to update and give us what we want.

obivously the update will be shit and once it goes up hell will break loose. and by the time everyone has bitched and moaned. Everyone has left to go home.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
kassatsu said:
Amazon removed the coming soon section. Update canceled. :lol

Amazon was probably calling the shots ahead of time before the PSN team even knew what was releasing

Surprising the update is taking so long this week, I thought this was bad. I kept checking back at around 5-8 PM EST and my jaw dropped it wasn't up by maybe 7:30. It's almost 9:30 and nothing. :lol Usually when updates are this long, something big is coming.

Xenogears, Einhander, Tomba, Suikoden II, and Brave Fencer Musashi confirmed for this week

So does anyone know anything about Sonic Adventure PSN? It's confirmed the 14th for XBLA, but I'm hearing nothing about PSN. Maybe a 360 timed exclusive?
EU blog said "around the same time" but that is vague and could mean "uh, give or take two months".

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I don't know why I keep checking this thread. It's not like I can get anything since I haven't updated.

um, there is a sengoku basara: samurai heroes demo coming, so any comments about the update not being worthwhile are null and void

Top Bottom