• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 09/07/10 - TerRover

You know when you play Gears on 360 the texture JUST start to load when you start up a level? Well imagine Quantum Theory on ps3 at that state.

Meh. I don't need to see a slowmo of the headshot.

On Hard Difficulty. The AI is terrifyingly bad :lol. It's laughable.

ScrabbleBanshee said:
I just grabbed all the warhawk DLC, Omega Dawn, Fallen Star, Broken Mirror for free as part of plus. Right after I "bought" it all, it disappeared from the Plus section.

I found it again under the DLC section but only one of them (not listed under plus), I think Fallen Star, was free for plus... but there are two fallen star listings, one is not free $7.99, the other has the plus logo. The other DLCs have no plus logo and are regular price.

PSN+ bug?

About this -- now I got kicked off PSN and can no longer log in... coincidence?

jvm

Gamasutra.
Seventy5 said:
Ugh, any impressions on quantum theory yet? Also, has Housemarque given any indication about a release date for Dead Nation? I really, really want to give them my money.
Someone in this thread was playing recently. In the beta, I presume. I'd hope that means soon.

krae_man

I just got the Qore email. Annual Subscribers get Warhawk PSone for free.

Has that game been included with Playstation plus yet.

If not wow.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
krae_man said:

Has that game been included with Playstation plus yet.

If not wow.

Uh, you sure it's not talking about the Warhawk (PS3) trial?

Edit: Oh, Qore, not PS Plus

jvm

Gamasutra.
krae_man said:
Warhawk PS1. Yuck. :p
Wario64 said:
Uh, you sure it's not talking about the Warhawk (PS3) trial?

Edit: Oh, Qore, not PS Plus
Just to be sure, I checked. "Qore annual subscribers can flash back to 1995 and pick up Warhawk[TM]"...

krae_man

jvm said:
Warhawk PS1. Yuck. :p
Just to be sure, I checked. "Qore annual subscribers can flash back to 1995 and pick up Warhawk[TM]"...

Still it's the principle. Sony's nuts if they expect people to subscribe to both for the odds benefit here and there that doesn't overlap.

I'm so glad I lost my trust in Sony after year 2 of Qore. They're not getting my money for this crap.

I think the bigger issue is, how many people are actually annual subscribers to Qore anymore? I would have guessed most people that subscribed when it first came out would have followed the same schedule as me: subscribe for the first year (I think it ended up being 13 months), and then resubscribe for another 12 months with the discounted rate for current subscribers. Last month was the first time I had to download the month's episode as a PS+ subscriber, and not a Qore annual subscriber. I can't imagine there were that many people that subscribed to Qore at a time other than Day 1.

To be fair, I think Qore stepped up their game as soon as the July 2010 episode released, most likely because of the expanded viewer base for PS+. The Japan trip/documentary thing was interesting and the box-art generator was a fun touch, even though these things have little to do with gaming. Same for the next two months, can't wait to see September's Tokyo footage. :D
With all said, I'm still an annual subscriber and did re-subscribe in June, despite also being a PS+ member.

GUYS. don't Download the LEGEND OF GUARDIAN DEMO. For some odd reason when you boot it up, it MAY show a black screen :|

80GB NA Ps3.

Quantum Theory is absolutely terrible. Bad graphics, bad gameplay, boring level design; you name it, they fuck it up.

If Sony had tried to keep this exclusive, and market it as a counter to Gears, they would have been the laughing stock of the industry.

I'd rather listen to a 50 Tyson double album than play this game.

Takao

Banned
How large is the QT demo? I might leave the PS3 on and download it while I sleep just to play it for the lulz before I go to school tomorrow.

Tiduz said:
ffffffffuuuuuuuuuu no djhero 2 demo

There's a DJ Hero 2? Wwhhoooa.

Takao said:
How large is the QT demo? I might leave the PS3 on and download it while I sleep just to play it for the lulz before I go to school tomorrow.

750mb. Don't waste your bandwidth.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Ro Hernandez | September 7th, 2010 at 8:03 pm

Gotta give props to the PSN Store team as well for turning around this update with the shortened holiday week…

omg they're patting themselves on the backs for this?!

Seventy5

perineumlick said:
Quantum Theory is absolutely terrible. Bad graphics, bad gameplay, boring level design; you name it, they fuck it up.

If Sony had tried to keep this exclusive, and market it as a counter to Gears, they would have been the laughing stock of the industry.

I'd rather listen to a 50 Tyson double album than play this game.
:lol 50 Tyson...now I have to download this demo just to validate your comparison dammit.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Takao said:

360exclusive. i dont have the dj controller for 360

fuck off activision >:|

RelentlessRolento said:
so... again...

hero of sparta worth it at .99? and does it run on PS3 and PSP?
Dude. It's 99 cents. I personally think thats the max its worth. I played it on the iPhone. Meh. The story is 4 or 5 hours.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DMPrince said:
GUYS. don't Download the LEGEND OF GUARDIAN DEMO. For some odd reason when you boot it up, it MAY show a black screen :|

80GB NA Ps3.

Does it lock up? Does it not show the XMB? How long have you given it.

ALSO WHO IS IN YOUR AVATAR. REVEAL YOUR SECRET.

Takao

Banned
RelentlessRolento said:
so... again...

We responded to you bro... It runs on both PSP, and PS3. I didn't find it to be worth my time since I own a couple God of War games, but it isn't horrible. Even if it was, a dollar isn't even bus fair to Gamestop.

TheSeks said:
Does it lock up? Does it not show the XMB? How long have you given it.

ALSO WHO IS IN YOUR AVATAR. REVEAL YOUR SECRET.
Just a black screen. can't pull the XMB up. i left it for a couple of minutes thinking it was still doing a silent loading but nope :\

Lindsay said:
omg they're patting themselves on the backs for this?!

Anyway, got my popcorn out on the Grace Chen hate. It's funny because it's true, but in an over the top nerd rage kind of way. Yeah it sucks that they can't seem to consistently get the content updated, the content mostly sucks, and they don't take the time to regularly give any real feedback about real questions people post. Is it the end of the world? Not mine, but perhaps to some of those folks.

I do find the general aloof attitude of SCEA's blog/store team frustrating, though. It's kind of strange how they post pumped up blog entries about stuff nobody cares about all the while just underneath the surface in almost every comments section there is an ugly underground of crazy folks.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DMPrince said:
Just a black screen. can't pull the XMB up. i left it for a couple of minutes thinking it was still doing a silent loading but nope :\

Weird. Maybe a bad demo download. Download it again?

Takao said:
We responded to you bro... It runs on both PSP, and PS3. I didn't find it to be worth my time since I own a couple God of War games, but it isn't horrible. Even if it was, a dollar isn't even bus fair to Gamestop.

my bad. missed the response. I'll download it since I don't own or play many god of war games since $1 is nothing to complain about... or something >_<

im stupid ^_^

RelentlessRolento said:
so... again...

Just think about what else you can get for $0.99 and than decide for yourself! A PSP theme is more expensive!

It should be a no-brainer. It's a pretty good game even at $4.99 but $0.99 is nothing!

I picked up Let's Golf last week for $0.99 and it was totally worth it. It's a very good Hot Shots golf clone. Hero of Sparta should be worth it and it'll provide a fun little God of War Lite that you can enjoy while you're waiting at a airport, on the toilet, or between classes.

Oh my, Quantum Theory is a sloppy mess. Garbage.

Was playing on Hard, got up to the boss and there is absolutely no feedback if you're hitting the right point of him or not. They say to weaken the shoulder but you can't even live long enough to know if you're shooting the so called "shoulder". Seriously, the bullet hits make the same effect wherever you hit, when you throw the stupid girl it does the same animation, yet probably are all doing nothing. No boss lifebar too, so you're totally lost.

Garbage game.

Top Bottom