• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store "Access Denied" ?

Has anyone ever encountered this? I tried to go to the PSN website just now, and I keep getting this message:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://store.playstation.com/" on this server.
Reference #18.6035d417.1501627181.2d02bf1

I haven't been up to anything shady or anything. Only thing I can think of is reinstalling the OFW update for Metal Gear Online 2, but that was days ago.

Anyone have any advice?

Temujin

Yeah I have this too. It seems to be an issue with Chrome and Firefox. No idea what causes it. Try Edge or another browser if you can, you should still be able to access the store.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Yeah I had this the other day. I clicked a link that corrupted some cookies. Clear your browsers cookies (unfortunately have to log in again on lots of stuff) and it'll be fixed.

autoduelist

Clear your cookies for the site. Happened to me yesterday. Seems to be a recent thing, but thankfully easy to fix. It did even forget I was logged in.

NewDust

For chrome:

F12 > Chrome Developer Tools > Application tab > Clear storage in left tree > Select the data items to clear, then click Clear site data.

This keeps you logged in on other sites and keeps preferences.

Or just delete all your cookies, which should also work in other browsers.

Yeah, okay. That's totally weird. It works when I use Safari, but not Chrome. Thing is, I've been using Chrome to purchase stuff from the store for years.

CamHostage

For chrome:

This keeps you logged in on other sites and keeps preferences.

Oh, I love this, never knew you could target cookie clearance per site so easily, thanks!

And yeah, my home and work PC both have been giving me hassle with PS Store. I was going to rent the LEGO Batman Movie for cheap on the special last week but I thought it was a system or account issue that I didn't want to bother with and so I missed out. This is a good reminder to get that fixed.

DonF

Yeah, happened to me too. Every time something like this happens, I try incognito mode. If it works in incognito, it's the cookies.

Top Bottom