• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store: August 2015’s Top Downloads

Galak-Z nowhere to be found. Gamers fail again.

Hopefully it was profitable for 17-bit

This stood out to me, but it usually does when these charts roll around-- there's always a number of solid digital-only games that slip by the charts completely, while the predictable names stay cemented in place and the popular flavor of the month seems to swallow all of the "indie" attention (Rapture here being the only one of the four (edit: I forgot Journey, guess I should count it even though I think the free cross-buy probably inflated its downloads) featured PSN titles, and that's disregarding several other notable ones throughout the month).

I own nearly every game on those lists, but I also buy most any well-made indie title that I think I'd be interested in; that's what draws my eye to these charts every month, and I hope to see one or two of those awesome experiences I had reflecting back at me.

I feel for the devs who pour their hearts into their game and find it overlooked for any number of obvious reasons, but I'd hope not making it on the charts doesn't equate to bankruptcy and indelible failure-- we rarely see the hard sales figures or the budgets of the devs to make accurate assumptions, and I don't know if I'd say digital titles are quite as front loaded as retail (especially with what a good sale can do).

...I feel like I've started to ramble. Time for bed, I think, before I wander into another thread

AgeEighty

FFIX once again representing on PSN.

Funny how I keep hearing what a dog and a disappointment this game is, yet it outsells FFVIII on PSN every single month for the past two years.

Nice to see Until Dawn selling well digitally too.

giphy.gif

Sez

Rocket League selling well despite all the PS+ downloads. This game is going to have crazy legs.

I got the game from PS+. I messaged a friend who lives in south america about how good it is, he bought it (in steam). Later 2 of his friends bought it too.

PS+ is the best thing that could have happen to that game.

BumRush

Come on OP, don't leave the classics unmentioned!

US PSN

1 FINAL FANTASY VII
2 FINAL FANTASY IX
3 Parasite Eve
4 Parasite Eve II
5 Mega Man 8
6 FINAL FANTASY VIII
7 VAGRANT STORY
8 CHRONO TRIGGER
9 Legend of Mana
10 CHRONO CROSS

That U.S. SE Sale...

This stood out to me, but it usually does when these charts roll around-- there's always a number of solid digital-only games that slip by the charts completely, while the predictable names stay cemented in place and the popular flavor of the month seems to swallow all of the "indie" attention (Rapture here being the only one of the four (edit: I forgot Journey, guess I should count it even though I think the free cross-buy probably inflated its downloads) featured PSN titles, and that's disregarding several other notable ones throughout the month).

I own nearly every game on those lists, but I also buy most any well-made indie title that I think I'd be interested in; that's what draws my eye to these charts every month, and I hope to see one or two of those awesome experiences I had reflecting back at me.

I feel for the devs who pour their hearts into their game and find it overlooked for any number of obvious reasons, but I'd hope not making it on the charts doesn't equate to bankruptcy and indelible failure-- we rarely see the hard sales figures or the budgets of the devs to make accurate assumptions, and I don't know if I'd say digital titles are quite as front loaded as retail (especially with what a good sale can do).

...I feel like I've started to ramble. Time for bed, I think, before I wander into another thread

I hear ya. I thought it would do well as it was showcased quite often online and giant bomb did a thing on it and it was one of the original games showcased along with the PS4.

But at this point I think we are in a period of just sheer game overload. My library is just inundated and when we go into PSN there is 50 games staring at you waiting for you to slide your card. A lot of games are going to get overlooked. I just did not expect one to be Galak-Z. It had a lot of things going for it I thought many people would gravitate toward. Schmup with japanes anime feels. Great controls and AI and difficulty and all that. Mech combat action and transforming and sci-if.

Shrug. Just another victim

Top Bottom