• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store for 5/3 (Gauntlet II, Super Rub'a'dub, PSX for PSP/PS3, Home beta)

The Jer

o gawd...
my PS1 backlog has increased.....
I only had one more PS1 game on my shelf to "complete."
Now I have 4 more to play (I never owned the games before, though)...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
brandonh83 said:
I said that when I wasn't very interested in the New Goblin being playable but after I saw some videos it looks pretty sweet, and I'm already going to spend $60 on it so I just figure why not another $10... plus since that happened I've sold some college books for a lot of cash and I have a $20 gift card for the store I go to.

but in all reality I'm simply a consumer whore

If you're gonna spend 60, you might as well spend 70. And the 80. And then 90. And you should finance Spiderman 4 really since 90 to 300million is only a few steps.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
If you're gonna spend 60, you might as well spend 70. And the 80. And then 90. And you should finance Spiderman 4 really since 90 to 300million is only a few steps.

Why don't you go play Silent Hill 5 and shut the **** up

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Cool, they list them now as "for PS3/PSP". All releases henceforth must be the same! Don't release just PSP-only downloads..please.

Random thought, the Super Rub'a'dub demo pretty much satisfies me enough, I don't think it's worth $7 especially if the gameplay doesn't get a lot better than it is in the demo. I think it's really fun though, more fun than I expected.

PistolGrip said:
In the name of everything that is Holy, Sony please release any of these next week Wild Arms, Lunar SSS, Alundra, Grandia, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Gran Turismo 2, Klonoa or any Square enix game (specially Xenogears)

I'll let my PS3 burn the shiat out of my 360 in my cabinet if you do! I promise I'll even blog about it.

I've got a feeling that RPGs wont come for some time, especially Square RPGs. Grandia, Alundra, and Wild Arms might be sooner as those were Sony published in the US.

But damn, at least get Resident Evil, Ridge Racer Type 4, Ape Escape, and Parappa The Rapper up!

Red Blaster said:
I've got a feeling that RPGs wont come for some time, especially Square RPGs. Grandia, Alundra, and Wild Arms might be sooner as those were Sony published in the US.

But damn, at least get Resident Evil, Ridge Racer Type 4, Ape Escape, and Parappa The Rapper up!

I was hoping for Parappa as well, but with the announcement that they're bringing the PSP version to the US, I doubt that is likely to occur.

jjasper

brandonh83 said:
I said that when I wasn't very interested in the New Goblin being playable but after I saw some videos it looks pretty sweet, and I'm already going to spend $60 on it so I just figure why not another $10... plus since that happened I've sold some college books for a lot of cash and I have a $20 gift card for the store I go to.

but in all reality I'm simply a consumer whore

Hey it happens:)

Anyway some games that I would like to show up (that I think have a realistic chance in the near future)
More Jet Moto
More WipeOut
Wild Arms
Twisted Metal
Omega Boost
Hot Shots
Ridge Racer

Souther

Banned
superstardust HD looks AWESOME!! geometry wars what? The PSN is starting to get better and better. Also finally got around to converting HNK the Movie and throwing it on the PS3 along with Raoh Gaiden Directors Cut. 720p goodness.

I also wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any SE rpgs coming anytime soon. If we could get all the Arc the Lads and LOD that would be a sweet start. I would love to see the Lunar series as well.

Foil

Unless they fix the way PS1 games look on the PS3 I sure as hell am not buying these. All my PS1 games look worse when playing on PS3 than on the PS2 or PS1.

Speaking of which, it'd be nice to see some Dreamcast games go up on the service. Like say the DC version of Soul Reaver instead of the PS version.

JB1981

Goodness, these 1080p trailers are gorgeous quality.

Foil: what the hell did you expect them to look like? :lol

Bebpo

Banned
Foil said:
Unless they fix the way PS1 games look on the PS3 I sure as hell am not buying these. All my PS1 games look worse when playing on PS3 than on the PS2 or PS1.

Speaking of which, it'd be nice to see some Dreamcast games go up on the service. Like say the DC version of Soul Reaver instead of the PS version.

The 480p looks that bad on your set? If you want you use component cables instead of HDMI and get them to output at 480i, which should look identical to playing them on a PS2.

The one PS1 game I tried looked great on my tv, but I'm using a CRT so it's displaying 480p and not some upscaled 720p/1080i/1080p or anything.

sk3tch

I bought Jumping Flash! today and I've got to say - I don't think it aged well.

Super Stardust HD looks great...but wow - what a Geometry Wars rip-off!!! :lol

Ranger X

Bebpo said:
The 480p looks that bad on your set?

The one PS1 game I tried looked great on my tv, but I'm using a CRT so it's displaying 480p and not some upscaled 720p/1080i/1080p or anything.

It looks great in 480i at least.
Still look at a bit worse than on a PS1 or PS2 because the PS3 is too stupid to have deflicker effect.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
sk3tch said:
Super Stardust HD looks great...but wow - what a Geometry Wars rip-off!!! :lol

Contrary to popular belief, Geometry Wars did not start the twin-stick shooting genre.

sk3tch

chubigans said:
Contrary to popular belief, Geometry Wars did not start the twin-stick shooting genre.

This much I know.

Just watch the video. You'll see.

Granted - it looks much better. But the text and a lot of the graphic elements of the game look like they were copied wholesale from Geometry Wars.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
jjasper said:
God I hate it when people say that considering Geo Wars is a ripoff itself
And that Stardust / Super Stardust is approx 10 years older game than GeoWars (and is an Asteroids clone itself)

sk3tch said:
Whatever. Have you actually seen the video?
Have you played SSD on Amiga?

On another note, seeing how noone talks about tunnel section makes me think the trailer probably doesn't have it, and who knows if the final game will either :\

jjasper

Marconelly said:
And that Stardust / Super Stardust is approx 10 years older game than GeoWars (and is an Asteroids clone itself)

That was the other thing I was going to say. Didn't it come out on like the amiga

LJ11

brandonh83 said:
Never played Wipeout before. Worth the money? Also, never played Syphon Filter either but I remember it looking cool. Suggestions!

Great games at the time, but I'm not sure how they've aged. I'll be purchasing them later today, I'll post impressions. These game are all 480p right?

sk3tch

Marconelly said:
Have you played SSD on Amiga?

No, I have not.

I've played Asteroids and a million other variants of that game type. I've played Geometry Wars.

To me...Super Stardust HD looks A LOT like Geometry Wars. I'm not talking about gameplay...I'm talking about smaller details like text style and graphic elements.

Does it look great? Yes!
Do the graphics look better then Geometry Wars? Yes!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Jim said:
My guess is a big infrastructure bulk up in preperation for Home.

Speaking of, has anyone confirmed the reporting sighting of Home on the PS Store for accepted users?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Jim said:
My guess is a big infrastructure bulk up in preperation for Home.

A long shot, but Jim...any word on Home for us NA folk?

I would think if it were to happen, it would have been today...

Souther

Banned
SSD HD looks better and alot more fun than GW.

PS1 games when using anything better than composite, look more pixelated but are sharper and brighter and better overall. IMO that is

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
gofreak said:
Speaking of, has anyone confirmed the reporting sighting of Home on the PS Store for accepted users?
theyre saying yes on the playstation boards, but knowing that site, who knows.

JB1981

ha Crash Bandicoot brings back memories. Game is still pretty fun actually.

this Pirates trailer is unbelievable quality. jesus christ, how much did this movie cost, 500 million? special fx are crazy

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
sk3tch said:
No, I have not.

I've played Asteroids and a million other variants of that game type. I've played Geometry Wars.

To me...Super Stardust HD looks A LOT like Geometry Wars. I'm not talking about gameplay...I'm talking about smaller details like text style and graphic elements.

Does it look great? Yes!
Do the graphics look better then Geometry Wars? Yes!
Take a look at this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4xbGLQwgxzU

SSD HD is a (much) updated version of the Amiga game.

If you fast-forward to 3:10 you will see the tunnel section I keep rambling about, hoping that this SSD HD will have it. It was that game's biggest differentiator from the thousand other Asteroids clones. Imagine that tunnel fullscreen in perfect 60FPS, and it was like looking through the anus of a God back then. Pure Awe and Amazement.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
TONX said:
theyre saying yes on the playstation boards, but knowing that site, who knows.

If it is true, judging by the numbers reporting that they're in, it looks like it's a very small group that got accepted. Although I guess it's early still..

If
it's true. Not that it matters to me, since I'm not in the US nor in GAP :(

Jim

sk3tch said:
No, I have not.

The original SSD on the Amiga/CD32 for those not familiar with it.

super_stardust_aga_17.gif

super_stardust_aga_05.gif

The legendary "tunnel" section.
super_stardust_aga_19.gif

chubigans said:
A long shot, but Jim...any word on Home for us NA folk?

I would think if it were to happen, it would have been today...

Yah. But only if you're accepted. And it's a small amount at the moment.

Top Bottom