• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store for 5/3 (Gauntlet II, Super Rub'a'dub, PSX for PSP/PS3, Home beta)

Anyone else having trouble getting the full version of Super Rub'a'Dub to work? I downloaded it from the store then exited back to the XMB t go play it and I keep getting an "error occurred during the start up operation" error message. Anyone else having similar issues?

LJ11

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Anybody try playing Wipeout with a NeGcon via USB adapter?

Well the Negcon is an analog controller, so I don't think it would work since Wipeout is digital only.

antiloop

chubigans said:
You need to download the Starter Pack first before downloading the full version.

Seriously? I almost need to quote my last post now... :)

It's just so easy to explain these things.. you shouldn't have to figure it out!

LJ11

Marty Chinn said:
If I recall, Wipeout did work with the NeGcon on the PS1 though.

I think you're right. Whenever I hear the word NeGcon, my mind immediately goes to the second one which was bundled with RR4. My mistake.

Edit: Or maybe I was right, I have no idea at this point. :lol

Mrbob said:
Perhaps Sony is getting better at getting stuff out.
I think they have realized that dropping demos/games when both coasts are home slaughter servers.

As for Home beta, we knew it was a limited test group. Next stage should be the stress test.

Ranger X

Norml said:
Super rub is fun:) I dont see why it was reviewed so bad.

They probably been looking at it with disdain just because it all started with a tech demo.
You know like "bu bu bu, that waza tek demo, it suxx"

The Jer

gofreak said:
Hehe, hadn't noticed before, but you can access the original manual for your PSone game when you hit the home button. Looks like they scanned it in, you can navigate through it. Kind of neat.

THANK YOU!!!!

I was so pissed off when I realized I couldn't access the manual for Jet Moto. I'd played it before, but couldn't remember how to grapple or anything. I was just about to post about how annoying it was to not have a manual.

LJ11 said:
Well the Negcon is an analog controller, so I don't think it would work since Wipeout is digital only.

Wipeout definitely has native NeGcon support, I still own the PS1 game. :)

You must be thinking of the JogCon.

The Jer

Game saves are made to the virtual memory card. It looks like the same can be used with a disc as well. I can't confirm because I don't have disced copies of the games... but it appears that way. The saves go right into the memory card with all my other disced-game saves.

Bebpo

Banned
Ceb said:
Really appreciate the fact that the PSOne titles are region-free. :)

I look forward to the PS2 ones :)

PS1+PS2 library + PS Cards = everyone can play the classics, world is right.

Unfortunately I don't see that happening anytime soon. :\

Ranger X

The Jer said:
Game saves are made to the virtual memory card. It looks like the same can be used with a disc as well. I can't confirm because I don't have disced copies of the games... but it appears that way. The saves go right into the memory card with all my other disced-game saves.

I do have saves from PS1 and PS2 original disks on my PS3. So, yes they can be used for disk games too ;)

Maggot9

Banned
I was surprised when playing Syphon Filter on my PS3 that it still shows PSN messages at the top. Does this mean to all of your friends, they will see you playing the PS1 games?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Clipjoint said:
dsc01537.JPG

FU SONY FU SONY

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Maggot9 said:
I was surprised when playing Syphon Filter on my PS3 that it still shows PSN messages at the top. Does this mean to all of your friends, they will see you playing the PS1 games?

Yes.

LJ11

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Wipeout definitely has native NeGcon support, I still own the PS1 game. :)

You must be thinking of the JogCon.

Yeah the JogCon is what I thought of. :lol

The Jer

Ranger X said:
I do have saves from PS1 and PS2 original disks on my PS3. So, yes they can be used for disk games too ;)

HAHA
I have saves from PS1 and PS2 disc games on my PS3 as well.
I was wondering if you could use the same save from a disc game with the downloaded game from the PS store. I was thinking you probably could. Not sure why you'd download a game you already have...
Maybe if you only had the save sitting around, because you borrowed the game disc back in the day or something...

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I believe you first have to convert your old PS1 saves into the new format. I know you have to with the PSP save data.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I really, really liked Syphon Filter back in the day. Will be hard to resist buying it.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Cool stuff this week. Now all Sony has to do is add PSONE titles to the AU/EU stores and i'll be a happy man.

Yixian

Banned
Two consecutive decent store updates. Now that, for all the whining I've done about PSN, is really quite somethng - on any of the next gen systems.

I'm getting the feeling that the endless tidal waves of criticism from users over the PSN and firmware have finally gotten Sony in gear.

I almost feel guilty - it's not often multinational corperations are successfully bullied by fanboys :D

However I take all that back if EU doesn't get PSX games tomorrow, and it's back to slagging them off.

Rub a dub is ****ing retarded. Although, I'm not sure where the complaints about broken gameplay comes from; seems to work fine for me, it just sucks major nard.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yixian said:
I almost feel guilty - it's not often multinational corperations are successfully bullied by fanboys :D

Don't feel guilty. We are making a change. That's why you should bitch on videogame forums.

Yixian

Banned
I know but it's a strange feeling, being listened too... :D

BTW, can someone post some pics of what the various PS1 games look like on an HD screen?

Maggot9

Banned
Yixian said:
I know but it's a strange feeling, being listened too... :D

BTW, can someone post some pics of what the various PS1 games look like on an HD screen?

Looks like crpa basically. Syphon Filter has more fog on the screen than Silent Hill. I can't imagine them releasing Silent Hill on the PSN now..

Yixian

Banned
I just finished Metal Gear Solid (the PC port) on my laptop the other day (first time I've had it, if you can believe it), and yeah, the textures were pretty nasty, but in the end I could live with it.

But then, that was scaled up to 1024x, and I think the PC textures had been sharpened up a bit.

Well, I'll see. Crash should be ok I guess, and from the looks of it 2D is fine, but I'll wait for some pics of polygonals before I splash out, to see if I can live with it.

If they don't release SH1 on the PSn at somepoint, heads will roll.

JB1981

AltogetherAndrews said:
Yeah, the presentation is really quite pleasant. It's a damned shame the game licks ass.
I like the presentation too. And the water is pretty amazing. I don't like the shark parts, though.

Kittonwy

Banned
What is teh jumping flash and should I buy it? I'm interested because someone mentioned it but I don't even know what it is.
Indifferent2.gif

OmniGamer

I'm loving this...downloaded Crash Bandicoot(used to own it, but a friend borrowed it way back when after i beat it and i never got it back)...played it a bit, transferred the game and save file to my PSP...continued playing...getting a PSP and a PS3 at the same time last week has proven to be a worthy indulgence. Pretty much downloaded this game just to hear the "Boulder" stage music again, but it'll be fun to play through the game again. I would have also DLed WipEout, but I have my aforementioned friend's Saturn game copy, which functions as an audio CD for me pretty much. The music was my favorite part of the first wipeout anyway.

Top Bottom