• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store for 5/3 (Gauntlet II, Super Rub'a'dub, PSX for PSP/PS3, Home beta)

teiresias

I really don't understand why they don't enable some higher resolution native rendering on the PS1 titles, at least the downloadable games. Hell, they should be able to do it on the regular, disc-based backwards compatible PS1 titles too since I'm pretty sure they're actually using an emulator rather than the PS2 hardware on the US machines to do the PS1 games.

tribal24

Banned
can someone please !!!! answer my question? does it say beta next to your name when you sign into psn? if you got accepted? i dont think anyone saw my post>.>

jjasper

SOLDIER said:
I still haven't read any Gauntlet II impressions. How does it play? Is the online good?

I just bought it I will let you know (BobTheFork has been playing for like 3 hours straight though)

I also got Syphon Filter I had planned on getting Jumping Flash but I played though the psp SF and wanted some more

KillJade

Banned
tribal24 said:
can someone please !!!! answer my question? does it say beta next to your name when you sign into psn? if you got accepted? i dont think anyone saw my post>.>

If Sony likes you and you got accepted then the beta will appear in the store....

Ranger X

Kittonwy said:
What is teh jumping flash and should I buy it? I'm interested because someone mentioned it but I don't even know what it is.
Indifferent2.gif

First 3D platformer/shoot. You some rabbit robot and you do some incredibly high jumps and shoot laser beams. The game is pretty linear and the levels are cool. Very nice soundtrack.
It's a long way from Starfox SNES here but still the graphic might not have aged all that well. After that 10-15 mins with the game you should enjoy it! ;)
The game is definetely worth playing.

Wollan

If it wasn't for Jumping Flash we wouldn't have Mario 64, Metroid Prime or Onyxia. Yes, Jumping Flash is the dawn of Awesome.

kuYuri

I'm surprised we still haven't seen the PSOne Resident Evil Director's Cut and Twisted Metal on the PSN. Make it happen Sony.

EDIT: Damn, trying to read the manual for Crash Bandicoot is freaking hard, isn't there some way to zoom in on the manual? I have good eyes, but not THAT good.

The PSOne titles on PS3 was an awesome idea from Sony. Imagine, down the road, the titles we may be able to download straight to the HDD - Metal Gear Solid, FFVII, and more.

Kobiekun

Earlier today I bought Jumping Flash and played it for the first time. This game is awesome! If you're the 1995 graphics on HDTV hurt my eyes type, stay away. Otherwise prepare yourself for some serious platforming fun.

On a related note, getting the game onto my PSP and transferring the save data was a snap. :)

Rlan

Just a quick note: Rampage World Tour and Joust have been added to the Australian OFLC database. Mortal Kombat II and Gauntlet II were only added last week, so we might be seeing those two games sooner than later.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Kittonwy said:
What is teh jumping flash and should I buy it? I'm interested because someone mentioned it but I don't even know what it is.
Indifferent2.gif
Make sure to get the Syphon Filter Dark Mirror for PSP. Pure goodness.

PS360

Banned
Oh my ****ing god. Just signed in and saw.

I already bought most of these PS1 games for PSP. All you have to do is redownload them and they play.

****in JUMPING FLASH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They need Destruction derby 2 on here, as well as Blast Chamber. DD2 is so much better than 1, and Blast Chamber they could actually make into a PSN arcade game with 1080p and 4 player online. Holy shit...i'd quit my job and dump my girlfriend.

celpacius

okayso im gonna download a PSX game to play on my ps3

thinking between jumping flash or crash

never played jumping flash but lived crash. which one should i download first (the nextdownload will be within a month)

chriskzoo

Banned
Anyone know the story on Hot Shots PSP/PS3? I cought it for PSP, but it's not even listed now (but does appear in my Downloaded list).

chriskzoo

Banned
Man, that Stardust HD games looks wicked. A GeoWars clone to be sure, but this is what Sony should have released instead of Blast Factor.

I also just noticed there are a slew of new avatars (21 pages worth).

jjasper

chriskzoo said:
Man, that Stardust HD games looks wicked. A GeoWars clone to be sure, but this is what Sony should have released instead of Blast Factor.

For the last time it is a remake of a game 15 years older than GW

PS360

Banned
Coolboarders and Hot Shots not playable on PS3 for some reason. Everything else is.

If you've never played Jumping Flash I would give it a whirl. ****ing great game.

Sony could seriously make some bank by just releasing good PS1 games. There are so many.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I'm looking forward to the new GTHD Video tomorrow.
SuperStarDustHD looks ****ing awesome, day one purchase for me.

SuperJ said:
Earlier today I bought Jumping Flash and played it for the first time. This game is awesome! If you're the 1995 graphics on HDTV hurt my eyes type, stay away. Otherwise prepare yourself for some serious platforming fun.

On a related note, getting the game onto my PSP and transferring the save data was a snap. :)

This is one of the coolest aspects of the PS3. I really hope Sony and 3rd parties go crazy with it and eventually get most PS1 games onto the store. There's a bunch of PS1 titles that I missed out on (was a N64 gamer then...yeah, I know :/). I would also love to play some titles that never released here in NA like Vib Ribbon.

Ranger X

PS360 said:
Coolboarders and Hot Shots not playable on PS3 for some reason. Everything else is.

If you've never played Jumping Flash I would give it a whirl. ****ing great game.

Sony could seriously make some bank by just releasing good PS1 games. There are so many.

Klonoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

downloaded Wipeout....but i dont know how to switch controls to analog sticks :(
pushing the PS button and switching the "digitial" mode to "analog" didnt work either. anyone know how to fix this? and whats the "reassign controller" function? (1/1a 1/1b...etc)

Ranger X said:
Klonoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh shit, I really want to play that. I loved Klonoa 2 on PS2 but people always tell me that the original is far better. I've never been able to track down a copy of it though.

frAntic_Frog said:
downloaded Wipeout....but i dont know how to switch controls to analog sticks :(
pushing the PS button and switching the "digitial" mode to "analog" didnt work either. anyone know how to fix this? and whats the "reassign controller" function? (1/1a 1/1b...etc)

PS1 didn't have analog controls when Wipeout came out.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
frAntic_Frog said:

If the original game didn't support analog, you can't select it. :(

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I love how Sony fans are being all silent in this ordeal. MAKE LIKE ELITE and LEAK LEAK LEAK (on other forums of course. Not GAF. And I do not encourage anyone leaking on GAF!)

Ranger X

tambourine said:
Oh shit, I really want to play that. I loved Klonoa 2 on PS2 but people always tell me that the original is far better. I've never been able to track down a copy of it though.

I wouldn't say "far better" but yeah it's a bit better. Very very awesome game and still easily playable today.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Y2Kevbug11 said:
I love how Sony fans are being all silent in this ordeal. MAKE LIKE ELITE and LEAK LEAK LEAK (on other forums of course. Not GAF. And I do not encourage anyone leaking on GAF!)

Seriously, why the heck is everyone so scared. Spill it! Somewhere!!!

PS360

Banned
Something Sony really needs to do is provide a "screen format" option.

You should be able to press the PS button and get some choices about whether to have the PS1 game full screen or not.

I would actually prefer to play these games at like 50% size for the improvement in visuals...assuming there would be one.

Still, not really hindering the fun I'm having with these games. Wipeout ****ing OWNS.

robot

Finally made a HK account to download the Hot Shots 5 demo - man it really pisses me off seing Last Blade over there and not being able to purchase it.

As for US releases - Rub a Dub got old pretty fast, I do like the style/presentation though. If I didn't own Jumping Flash 1&2 already, I wouldve defintely picked that up. And I'd skip on Wipeout and wait for XL and 3 - way better than the original.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Ah nice, I got accepted to home beta :)

And damn, Super Stardust HD looks sooo good full screen on a TV. Please Housemarque add the tunnels!

PS360 said:
Something Sony really needs to do is provide a "screen format" option.

You should be able to press the PS button and get some choices about whether to have the PS1 game full screen or not.
It weird you can't do that on PS3, because there's that exact option available on PSP when you play PS1 games.

Top Bottom