• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Japanese Launch Thread. "APOCALYPTIC!" says concerned Nuclear Muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll roll the dice and see what I can pick up on Saturday morning. ^.^

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Death to the OT tag!

I am still bitter about Ridge Racer. Marvel vs Capcom 3 would be nice though. Might have to wait until some better software arrives though :(

JJD

Not sure if this has been asked, if someone can answer, I'd appreciate it!

<3

I know that Vita media will be region free. But can you change the internal settings to different languages? Also, does anyone know if by doing that it enables some games to be in English? ie Uncharted, etc.

Thx.

Forget the Vita for now Markman! Concentrate on getting those 360 and PS3 MLG Controllers on stores!!! ;-)

DCharlie

Banned
I dunno why you guys got so worked up over the thread title anyway, lol.

... you DO know though! ;)

i am still in a quandry regarding :

Download vs Retail

- for games where i'll finish and likely not play again (Uncharted) - i probably want to go retail
- for stuff i'll be playing regularly without fail (Mingol, Katamari, Ridge) I probably want to go digital

But the price of digital (once discounts are applied) being the same as in store is a bit of a kick in the face.

Hmmm. I also note i have about 4000 yen in my PSN wallet. What to do what to do.

Also of concern : is there a possible speed difference between retail and mem card games? If the load times are reduced on the memory cards then....

wotta

Not sure if this has been asked, if someone can answer, I'd appreciate it!

<3

I know that Vita media will be region free. But can you change the internal settings to different languages? Also, does anyone know if by doing that it enables some games to be in English? ie Uncharted, etc.

Thx.

When I imported my PSP I was able to switch to english no problems. I think they have to cater for all languages, after all there may be others living in Japan who want a PS Vita.

Not sure if this will allow the games to be in English though, I think that depends on the software.

p.s who do I get a little quote in my profile? It'd be better than junior member hehe

jeremy1456

So is there any indication over what the most popular launch title might be in Japan?

I thought I read somewhere that Uncharted was ringing in the pre-orders, but I can't imagine it doing much better than Minna no Golf.

JoeFenix

I wonder if you still have to sync trophies when on Vita or if they finaly figured out a better way to deal with that?

One of the most annoying thing about PS3, the more your trophy list grows the longer it takes to sync, it's getting ridiculous....

I pre-ordered mine at the local Xing. Pretty excited to grab it on Saturday. They had us pre-order a single game with it too, as a requirement. I went with Uncharted, but I also plan on picking up Blazblue and one other title. Not sure at this point.

I'll be sure to post some impressions and maybe some video. Completely missed the part about in-game screenshots though! That'll make things MUCH easier.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Weird. Most previews and hands on reported smooth performance, so smooth that pocketgamer accidentally stated that it's 60fps, then corrected the mistake, blaming the smoothness for the confusion lol.

BTW just tried the UMD passport thingy out. Works as advised.
ssJhf.jpg

Mako_Drug

I wonder if you still have to sync trophies when on Vita or if they finaly figured out a better way to deal with that?

One of the most annoying thing about PS3, the more your trophy list grows the longer it takes to sync, it's getting ridiculous....

I don't think that's true...In my experience the speed of the sync has been mostly random.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Decided to wait for the Euro launch. Some unexpected expenses at the moment + the import premium + bigger game selection + 3G options = be disciplined, gofreak.

I am jelly though.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Decided to wait for the Euro launch. Some unexpected expenses at the moment + the import premium + bigger game selection + 3G options = be disciplined, gofreak.

I am jelly though.
Be strong, at least you can buy Gravity Daze as a launch title.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

I am jelly though.

have we heard anything about 3G options in Europe? Surely you can just whack a 3G data sim in there and be done? I doubt vodafone are going to start providing actually good value packages - their ipad data plans are insane.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
have we heard anything about 3D options in Europe? Surely you can just whack a 3G data sim in there and be done? I doubt vodafone are going to start providing actually good value packages - their ipad data plans are insane.

The wording with the Euro 3G announcements suggest it will be unlocked (!) At least in most territories. They talk about Vodafone being the 'preferred' partner rather than exclusive.

But YMMV. I think I saw a press release specifically for Finland which talked about an exclusive partnership.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The wording with the Euro 3G announcements suggest it will be unlocked (!) At least in most territories. They talk about Vodafone being the 'preferred' partner rather than exclusive.

But YMMV. I think I saw a press release specifically for Finland which talked about an exclusive partnership.

Is the Japanese one unlocked?

spats

Yeah, I think that's how they worded it. They're partnering with Elisa in Finland. I don't know if it's actually physically locked though, or just PR bullshit.

I was reading up on the Finnish PS community boards and people are saying it's definitely not locked, but all the 3G boxes will ship with a Saunalahti card with some free bandwidth.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
According to the FAQ on the JPN site, yes, but they also say they may change that in the future.

might try putting my work SIM in - I have a spare data enabled one so I could test it quickly. Assuming I buy one (assuming they are available to pick up off the street)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
might try putting my work SIM in - I have a spare data enabled one so I could test it quickly. Assuming I buy one (assuming they are available to pick up off the street)

Sorry, it is LOCKED according to the JPN site. I misread your post, thought you asked if it was locked :( Sorry!

wotta

If it's locked then I've wasted about £50, unless there is some way to get it unlocked. Not sure I will use 3G anyway to be honest, just thought I'd get it anyway just in case.

DCharlie

Banned
But last night their 24ft boat, PS Vita, was overwhelmed by huge waves and sank.

you could say they were sunk by a monster wave.

And now they are being served crow... a la kart ....

Hope they can swim to (mario) land before their Vita-ls drop

Mr Ambassador with these For-free-o Romshares you are really spoiling us!

I'm on a boat look at me everybody cos i'm failing on a boat.

etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom