• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Japanese Launch Thread. "APOCALYPTIC!" says concerned Nuclear Muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.
US has the First Edition Bundle. includes the 3G/Wifi Model, Little Deviant, 4GB Card and maybe a case? unsure but for $349 it's a great price.

ps-vita-first-edition-bundle-deviants.png

a decent looking hard case!

edit: God the d pad on this thing looks terrible. Why is it that we are in 2011 and still can't make decent dpads?

Carl

edit: God the d pad on this thing looks terrible. Why is it that we are in 2011 and still can't make decent dpads?

Seemed pretty good to me when i played it at Eurogamer. Mind you, can't remember the last time i played a game that used the d-pad for anything other than switching powers/weapons

ps-vita-first-edition-bundle-deviants.png

What? Dual Shock's dpad is the best in the industry. Along with the Saturn's of course.
Granted, Vita might not have any of those, but don't say that there aren't any decent dpads out there.

Carl

God, Little Deviants looks like a free Android game. I can't believe that's their First Edition ransom.

You'd be surprised. It's a neat little game with a few fun mini-games in it that shows off what the control inputs are capable of. Okay it isn't going to keep you busy for 100 hours, but it's a good fun little distraction

The original Playstation launched with digital only controllers, no analog sticks. Those didn't get added in until much later. There were a bunch of 3d fighters available for it, including Battle Arena Toshiden which got released with the system itself.

While it looks odd, Sony knows what they are doing.

DCharlie

Banned
what happens with preorders in Japan? Do they still have to wait in line or?

if you want to go get the machine with the early birds, yes, you have to get in the line with the FILTHY UNPREPARED MASSES who didn't bother to preorder.

I'll be wandering the streets of Tokyo again as per with Monster Hunter and this time i'll make sure i take more photos and not leave places which have 40 people but then apparently end up with 300 in the following 10 minutes as per MH launch - doh.

For preorders at Yodobashi i got there around 2am and the queue was at about 140 people, there were about 600 people by the time me, jonnyram, chinchilla, johntv had ordered up.

also - flying gets on hardware are pretty uncommon but there is a couple of places that -will- break street date if they have stock tomorrow.

MightyKAC

if you want to go get the machine with the early birds, yes, you have to get in the line with the FILTHY UNPREPARED MASSES who didn't bother to preorder.

I'll be wandering the streets of Tokyo again as per with Monster Hunter and this time i'll make sure i take more photos and not leave places which have 40 people but then apparently end up with 300 in the following 10 minutes as per MH launch - doh.

For preorders at Yodobashi i got there around 2am and the queue was at about 140 people, there were about 600 people by the time me, jonnyram, chinchilla, johntv had ordered up.

also - flying gets on hardware are pretty uncommon but there is a couple of places that -will- break street date if they have stock tomorrow.
Ok so what happens if you go there later in the day with a preorder. Like say 4 or 5pm ish.

Kinda curious since this is my first pre-order in Japan.

jackdoe

Haha. An 8 is considered to be a good game. A glorified demo is not something that I'd heap that kind of praise on.

Famitsu scores

Minna no Golf 6 - 10 9 10 9
Uncharted Golden Abyss - 9 8 8 10
Dynasty Warriors Next - 9 10 9 8
Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom - 9 9 9 8
Disgaea 3 - 8 8 9 8
True Night of the Kamaitachi - 9 8 7 9
Virtua Tennis 4 - 8 8 9 7
Ridge Racer - 8 8 8 8
Army Corps of Hell - 7 8 9 8
Katamary Damacy - 8 8 8 7
Blazblue - 8 8 8 7
Mahjong - 7 8 9 7
Shinobido 2 - 7 8 8 7
Lord of Apocalypse - 8 7 6 7
Little Deviants - 7 7 6 7
Dream Club - 7 6 8 6
Asphalt - 6 7 6 7
Monster Radar - 6 6 5 6
Michael Jackson - 7 6 5 4
Dark Quest - 5 7 4 6
F1 2011 - 6 5 4 5
Even in the land of the Rising Sun, Gameloft is still utter garbage.

DCharlie

Banned
Ok so what happens if you go there later in the day with a preorder. Like say 4 or 5pm ish.

Kinda curious since this is my first pre-order in Japan.

The preorder usually has to be picked up with in a certain time frame but that's usually a couple of days.

Famitsu reviews : i heard there weren't any (?) - also , why are they reviewing download only games ? They usually don't bother. Also the scores look even -more- uneven than usual.... is this fake?

Lord of Apocalypse - 8 7 6 7

the PSP version got 9 9 8 8... so.... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom