• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Japanese Launch Thread. "APOCALYPTIC!" says concerned Nuclear Muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.
So hyped that Mingol scored 38/40. Looking forward to reading JGAF's impressions of the game. I pray for the deepest character customization options yet. Or at least on par with the PSP titles...

Famitsu scores

Minna no Golf 6 - 10 9 10 9
Uncharted Golden Abyss - 9 8 8 10
Dynasty Warriors Next - 9 10 9 8
Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom - 9 9 9 8
Disgaea 3 - 8 8 9 8
True Night of the Kamaitachi - 9 8 7 9
Virtua Tennis 4 - 8 8 9 7
Ridge Racer - 8 8 8 8
Army Corps of Hell - 7 8 9 8
Katamary Damacy - 8 8 8 7
Blazblue - 8 8 8 7
Mahjong - 7 8 9 7
Shinobido 2 - 7 8 8 7
Lord of Apocalypse - 8 7 6 7
Little Deviants - 7 7 6 7
Dream Club - 7 6 8 6
Asphalt - 6 7 6 7
Monster Radar - 6 6 5 6
Michael Jackson - 7 6 5 4
Dark Quest - 5 7 4 6
F1 2011 - 6 5 4 5

Too bad for little deviants.. Where's wipeout?

Out of the large launch line-up for the Vita, how many are bound to flop? Will people buy more than 2-3 games at launch, knowing that the Vita is at a premium price, plus the additional cost of a mandatory memory stick? I just don't see large software sales outside of maybe 2-4 Vita games: Hot Shots Golf, Uncharted, Disgaea 3 and Dynasty Warriors.

But you said that Famitsu was already leaked and that there were no info...

Any possibility for any JGaffer to write the final comments of the reviews?

tait269

Anyone know if the Japanese PSN store going to be online at launch this Saturday and will full games (eg Uncharted) be available for download?

theBishop

Banned
Out of the large launch line-up for the Vita, how many are bound to flop? Will people buy more than 2-3 games at launch, knowing that the Vita is at a premium price, plus the additional cost of a mandatory memory stick? I just don't see large software sales outside of maybe 2-4 Vita games: Hot Shots Golf, Uncharted, Disgaea 3 and Dynasty Warriors.

Maybe people buy 1 or 2 games day one, and a few more a month later? There's bound to be a lull after the early launch excitement. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of these games (Unit 13, Resistance) get bumped to Q3/4.

I'm trying to will myself to pick up a Vita but the launch lineup is so boring to me.

All they had to do was secure an updated Patapon or Monster Hunter and I'd have been in.

This line up is just so...

...maybe...eventually someone will get it right and launch a new console with a must-have title.

Amir0x

Banned
Good for Uncharted. Overall a solid lineup from the review scores.

haha famitsu as a guide for how solid anything is

tee hee

anyway DCharlie said he heard there wasn't any Vita scores in the latest issue, so you should wait a second in case these are fake scores from the worthless Famitsu magazine, this way you can celebrate empty scores legitimately.

mujun

All they had to do was secure an updated Patapon or Monster Hunter and I'd have been in.

...maybe...eventually someone will get it right and launch a new console with a must-have title.

Basically, I needed a PSV port of one of the numerous PS3 games I've had my eye on and I would have gone for it.

DCharlie

Banned
anyway DCharlie said he heard there wasn't any Vita scores in the latest issue, so you should wait a second in case these are fake scores from the worthless Famitsu magazine, this way you can celebrate empty scores legitimately.

the scores look complete jank, none of the usual sources have posted scores and Famitsu doesn't usually take "for the platform" considerations into effect so i'm calling fake.

Might as well get something else wrong, i'm on a roll!

I've never seen such a wide gap in scores for the same game on different platforms. I call "poorly researched fake"
angry.gif

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
haha famitsu as a guide for how solid anything is

tee hee

Going to pick mine in about an hour, will report.

As for the LoA Vita score, screw them. Guess there are too little vita-exclusive features to get a better review, but the game itself was highly praised in the last issue.

No launch will ever have a game that every single person in the world will want. The Vita has one of the best launch lineups ever. If you don't like it then it's your problem.

Takao

Banned
Yoshida posted this:

あ、俺屍言うの忘れてた。 俺屍、俺屍、俺屍、俺屍、ダウンロード版で3800円です。

He's been buying a bunch of PSP games off of PSN if Google tells me anything. I think Google is trying to tell me this Over My Dead Body Portable. A perfect fit for the christening of your brand new PlayStation Vita!

Yoshida posted this:

あ、俺屍言うの忘れてた。 俺屍、俺屍、俺屍、俺屍、ダウンロード版で3800円です。

He's been buying a bunch of PSP games off of PSN if Google tells me anything. I think Google is trying to tell me this Over My Dead Body Portable. A perfect fit for the christening of your brand new PlayStation Vita!
I know how I'm going to christen mine...and this is just the foreplay.

IMG_0266.jpg

alphaNoid

Banned
I kind of want a Vita, but to be honest.. no way I am going to be an early adopter. I'll pick up on in like a year or two, if a smart phone hasn't surpassed it by then. But, I love me some tactile feedback so boo to touch screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom