• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita PCH-2000 (slim) coming to NA this Spring bundled w/ Borderlands 2 - $199

BigDug13

Similarly, I'm super worried to see how Borderlands 2 looks on Vita.

I would normally agree except that this game is being bundled in their NA system upgrade launch. That means Sony has seen it and has deemed it worthy to be a primary showcase for the power of the system.

That gives me high hopes. If the game turned out bad, Sony would not have chosen it and would have bundled a different game.

And this isn't a game series like CoD where the name alone is supposed to sell so they could bundle a shit CoD game with their system like I think they already tried once. BL2 doesn't have that name draw so the quality should be there.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I would normally agree except that this game is being bundled in their NA system upgrade launch. That means Sony has seen it and has deemed it worthy to be a primary showcase for the power of the system.

That gives me high hopes. If the game turned out bad, Sony would not have chosen it and would have bundled a different game.

And this isn't a game series like CoD where the name alone is supposed to sell so they could bundle a shit CoD game with their system like I think they already tried once. BL2 doesn't have that name draw so the quality should be there.
They've bundled the Vita with Call of Duty, The Walking Dead and Assassin's Creed Liberation. None of which are showpieces. In fact, they're some of the worst the system has to offer.

marrec

Banned
They've bundled the Vita with Call of Duty, The Walking Dead and Assassin's Creed Liberation. None of which are showpieces. In fact, they're some of the worst the system has to offer.

AC Lib was pretty astounding to play when I bought the White Vita.

I mean, in a good way.

A legitimate Assassin's Creed game on my new handheld? It was sweet.

This thread is making me want to rebuy a vita... I don't need a vita. I haven't wanted a Vita since I sold my last one (though I've been "buying" my PS+ vita titles for the inevitable repurchasing of said vita)... Sigh... Gaf is bad for my spending habits, especially since I got my tax return in.

This may be a reason to dust off my US Vita.

really - what games have you played? nothing has interested you in the last x months?

This thread is making me want to rebuy a vita... I don't need a vita. I haven't wanted a Vita since I sold my last one (though I've been "buying" my PS+ vita titles for the inevitable repurchasing of said vita)... Sigh... Gaf is bad for my spending habits, especially since I got my tax return in.

you sir, should do it. you know it's worthy of your attention.

BigDug13

The Walking Dead is a decent game though. We are talking about games that underperform performance-wise here. CoD was sold because of the name and it's an exclusive game. BL2 doesn't have that luxury. I've never played Liberation but I thought the game's criticism was based on it being not a very good game and not for being a technical mess and again, it's an EXCLUSIVE game (though now it's available on multiple platforms, but at the time). And like CoD, AC has a certain amount of sales credibility to sell based on name alone.

I just don't think a straight port of a 1.5 year old game that was on every other major platform already garners that level of bundle support unless the game was simply performing well on it.

you sir, should do it. you know it's worthy of your attention.

The day will certainly come, as I said I've been stocking up on PS+ titles for the inevitability... but it's not time yet. Memory is too expensive still and my wife too willing to flay my flesh if I burn through $200 on a whim.

The day will certainly come, as I said I've been stocking up on PS+ titles for the inevitability... but it's not time yet. Memory is too expensive still and my wife too willing to flay my flesh if I burn through $200 on a whim.

This bundle ships with an 8gb card, and since you're already a PS+ subscriber, you could take advantage of uploading save data to the cloud ;) making shuffling your digital game stack a breeze.

Someone please add that it ships with an 8GB memory card to the thread Title. Seems to be the #1 criticism of the Vita thus far, people should know.

This bundle ships with an 8gb card, and since you're already a PS+ subscriber, you could take advantage of uploading save data to the cloud ;) making shuffling your digital game stack a breeze.

Someone please add that it ships with an 8GB memory card to the thread Title. Seems to be the #1 criticism of the Vita thus far, people should know.

Aye, I know of it's 8GB card, I also know my old one had an 8GB card and that it was a pain in the ass going back and forth between games. It also doesn't solve the wife issue :)

Aye, I know of it's 8GB card, I also know my old one had an 8GB card and that it was a pain in the ass going back and forth between games. It also doesn't solve the wife issue :)

Just do it, I won't tell her.

In all seriousness, good man, but you'll join the dark side soon ;) I feel it. The force is strong within you.

The Walking Dead is a decent game though. We are talking about games that underperform performance-wise here. CoD was sold because of the name and it's an exclusive game. BL2 doesn't have that luxury. I've never played Liberation but I thought the game's criticism was based on it being not a very good game and not for being a technical mess and again, it's an EXCLUSIVE game (though now it's available on multiple platforms, but at the time). And like CoD, AC has a certain amount of sales credibility to sell based on name alone.

I just don't think a straight port of a 1.5 year old game that was on every other major platform already garners that level of bundle support unless the game was simply performing well on it.

I think it guarantees that the game will at least work, but that's about it. These PC/console to handheld games tend to be kinda crap IMO. Hope I'm wrong about this one though.

Let me know if you figure out the wife thing. Right now, I've been telling mine that I find everything in the woods, and I think she's starting to get suspicious.

BigDug13

I think it guarantees that the game will at least work, but that's about it. These PC/console to handheld games tend to be kinda crap IMO. Hope I'm wrong about this one though.

Let me know if you figure out the wife thing. Right now, I've been telling mine that I find everything in the woods, and I think she's starting to get suspicious.

Well that would be a huge mistake IMO to bundle a game to be your system showcase and having it run at 15fps.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Well that would be a huge mistake IMO to bundle a game to be your system showcase and having it run at 15fps.

Sony didn't seem to have a problem "showcasing" Call of Duty BLOPS Declassified and selling it in a bundle.

I'll be trading in my just bought PS-Vita 1000 for this, but I don't want Borderlands. Is it cool to sell redemption codes? I wonder if there would even be a market for a BL2 code.

Really if you're patient, give it a few months and BL2 will likely be free with PS+ anyways on Vita. I guess it'd be a better deal to use the code if you wanted all of the DLC though.

I'll be trading in my just bought PS-Vita 1000 for this, but I don't want Borderlands. Is it cool to sell redemption codes? I wonder if there would even be a market for a BL2 code.

People sell codes all the time. It's technically against ebay's TOS but I've never seen them take down a redemption code auction. Outside of eBay, people sell them all the time too. You'll get more in barter though.

Kitoro

Very excited to ditch my 1000 for one of these, but not for $200. I'll try and hold out for at least $40 off of a standalone or bundle.

My squeaky Square Button is driving me mad on my 1000!

Spiegel

Really if you're patient, give it a few months and BL2 will likely be free with PS+ anyways on Vita. I guess it'd be a better deal to use the code if you wanted all of the DLC though.

Yes, just like AC, COD or TWD (the other Vita bundles) went free with PS+ a few months after their release.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Didn't want to start a new thread for this as it's basically hearsay at this point, but a friend of mine said his local Gamestop was recalling Vitas. I'm guessing if there is a recall of Vitas it's likely to make room for this new one.

Has anyone else heard of anything similar?

Yes, just like AC, COD or TWD (the other Vita bundles) went free with PS+ a few months after their release.

Difference being that Borderlands has a history of going free on PS+ (I got BL1 on PS+, BL2 on PS3 is free on + right now). I'd be very surprised if the PSV version doesn't also get on PS+ in a few months to maybe a year.

Spiegel

Difference being that Borderlands has a history of going free on PS+ (I got BL1 on PS+, BL2 on PS3 is free on + right now). I'd be very surprised if the PSV version doesn't also get on PS+ in a few months to maybe a year.

AC has an history of going free too (AC3). And NFS:MW went free on PS3 and 15 months after launch it's still not free on Vita.

Sadly, there's no guarantee on which games are going to be free. For example I would have expected Hot Shots Golf or Escape Plan to be part of PS+ by now but it hasn't happened.

BigDug13

Sony didn't seem to have a problem "showcasing" Call of Duty BLOPS Declassified and selling it in a bundle.

I already addressed that. That game was an exclusive and it had the name Call of Duty. There is absolutely nothing new being delivered in this port of a 1.5 year old game of BL2 and BL2 has but a sliver of the following that the CoD franchise has. So it's not the same thing.

Putting a port of an older game that isn't overly popular and isn't exclusive and making it your centerpiece showing for the release of your updated console shouldn't happen unless the game delivers.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Ugh I don't really need this, but I want this.

Actually I just want the Vita 2000, but I'm not really interested in BL2. If only it was a game I wanted and I'd be in like flynn.

Rafy

Is may 31st a placeholder? I was thinking of importing it when my girlfriends parents come to visit from the States since it would cost less, thing is they arrive the 25th here... I'll be missing it for a few days if the release date is accurate.

Massa

Is may 31st a placeholder? I was thinking of importing it when my girlfriends parents come to visit from the States since it would cost less, thing is they arrive the 25th here... I'll be missing it for a few days if the release date is accurate.

It's a placeholder, the official word so far is "summer", so Mar/Apr/May. You'll probably be fine.

Shadownet

Banned
Have anyone here experienced any defect of the old vita model? Like burn-in?

I saw a vita once where if you look at it from an angle you can tell there's black lines going vertical across the screen. Like the entire screen. But only if you look really closely.

Recently I saw a side by side comparison Vick of the 1000 and the 2000 slim model. And I saw the lines on the 1000 again. But not on the 2000 model.

I was just wondering, if the lines are defect are just a part of the OLED screen, since LED screen didn't seem to have any.

Oh and. Can someone educate me on the pros and cons of the vita OLED vs LED screen?

That's literally the only thing that is holding me back. I can go out to Gamestop right now and buy a great conditioned pre-owned vita with a coupon I have for $50. But in afraid of the burn-in problem.

I heard that while LED is lesser quality, it's better in the long run.

I will give the Vita some love and buy one for me this year.
Now with the more reliable LCD, I think it's time. The library has enough games for me already and I think it will not overlap my 3DS library.

I have an issue with the memory cards price, but I got this feeling that tells me the price will be cut.

Heh, then I will have the two least desired platforms of this gen.
I like my Wii U.

Top Bottom