• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita PCH-2000 (slim) coming to NA this Spring bundled w/ Borderlands 2 - $199

todd360

Imagine a gold vita with the persona 4 cast embedded on the back

I don't like that kind of stuff. The art usually stands out to much. A gold vita would probably look dumb as well. Maybe if it were only on the back. I would prefer a normal black model.

maouvin

Does anyone know if the new Slim fits in the First Edition case?

The Vita 2000 is a tiny little bit wider and taller (183.6 x 85.1 x 15.0 mm for the 2000, 182 x 83.55 x 18.6 mm for the OLED).

If your case had a perfect fit for the OLED, chances are the 2000 won't fit.

phierce

I've been traveling a lot more for work and was actually planning to buy a Vita this week. This just tossed a monkey wrench in my shit.

Now I'm back to being undecided if I should buy the 1000 as planned or wait for this.

Sigh...

BigDug13

Good enough for me. Haven't played any of the DLCs.

Well the only one of the four main expansions developed by Gearbox themselves and not an outsourced studio is Tiny Tina's and that one is not included. I'd trade both Torgue and Captain Scarlett expansions for just Tiny Tina's D&D expansion.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Time to buy a backup Oled Vita.

Have we seen or heard anything on how BL2 runs on Vita?

No.

but every time they try to hide a port it turn to be complete crap (like Spiderman and Ratchet FFA). and it's a UE3 game on Vita... so just lower your expectations.

Ron-Burgundy-That-Doesnt-Make-Any-Sense.gif

60% of the time it works all the time.

Glad to see that Borderlands comes with all of the DLCs. That's a definite selling point for me, so I'll be picking the game up for sure.

DirtyLarry

Well I was going to pick up Borderlands 2 anyway for my current Vita, so really am considering just getting the bundle and getting this slim version.

Glad it's coming for those that wanted the revision in the US.

I sincerely hope Vita TV still has a chance to come out here, I prefer consoles and don't game much on the go, so would like to play Vita on the bigger screen.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Their silence on the 64gb cards gave me the necessary push to order one. Paid a bit extra to get is shipped via Amazon, but I like that better than dealing with an import site.

todd360

Borderlands 2 has likely sold more than the entire Persona franchise combined. Just sayin.

Stop your bringing back bad memories of my friends logic which assumes that call of duty is the greatest game ever made because it sold the most. I now tell him GTA V is the best game ever made because it holds the record now. It pisses him off lol.

spectyre

Stop your bringing back bad memories of my friends logic which assumes that call of duty is the greatest game ever made because it sold the most. I now tell him GTA V is the best game ever made because it holds the record now. It pisses him off lol.

I believe that distinction now belongs to Minecraft. I think its at 42 mil.

Elios83

Seems a good deal to me with Borderlands 2 and the 8GB memory card.
Btw it's still not clear to me if the Vita Slim is coming in Europe outside of the UK, I haven't read an official announcement with euro prices so far.

Hmmm I wonder would mine craft really help hardware that much...it's a very social game and I understand a large portion of the audience are younger children playing with friends. Will this social aspect translate to portable?

Borderlands seems like an odd bundle to be honest. Even if the game runs flawlessly, it's just old now...don't see it selling much more than a few thousand units, but I hope I'm wrong and would be nice to see vita sales increase in other territories. Really just want more original RPGs personally.

Yeah, considering over the holidays the original Vita was bundled with 4 games and a memory card for $175-$180, charging anything more than $150 for just the base unit really seems to be pushing it. Getting rid of the OLED isn't necessarily a bad move, but it only works if Sony actually uses that as a way to lower the price of a Vita significantly.

yes cause holiday black Friday sale are totally indicative of every day regular prices. they had 3ds xl limited Zelda bundles for 150, I picked one up, so it should be totally 120 now or a rip off right?

Top Bottom