• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita logo revealed?

Goldrusher

The_Player said:
Vita-lya. Don't laugh, it's my name.
Australian+F1+Grand+Prix+Previews+Mjvcji-QBvIl.jpg

Too many uppercase letters in that logo.

It should either be PSVita or PSV.

I honestly don't mind the name, it only takes a moment to recognize how ridiculous the name Playstation is to begin with. It sounds like a section of the Enterprise.

dankir

Why didn't they go for PSP 2? I don't understand the reasoning to give it a brand new name. They would never change the Playstation name.

What's the point of having the brand name for 6 years and getting rid of it??

edit: I guess changing portable to vita isn't that big of a deal.

I still don't like it :(

sajj316

dankir said:
Why didn't they go for PSP 2? I don't understand the reasoning to give it a brand new name. They would never change the Playstation name.

PSP is synonymous for being in second place behind the DS. I suppose they are looking to re-position themselves, thus the need for a new name.

dankir said:

I am guessing they are going to try and separate themselves as far away from the PSP as possible in the west. They needed a new name.

theBishop

Banned
I think we either need to embrace the name as simply "Vita" or commit to hating it. "PS Vita" or "Playstation Vita" is too many syllables. It's too bad this couldn't be the "Playstation Go", but that name is already taken.

dankir said:

The highest-selling US PSP release in 2010 sold just over 300K, with the remainder of the top 10 (including Peace Walker and Ghost of Sparta) selling "well below" 200K. There you go.

If Sony were exclusively concerned with the Japanese market, continuing the PSP brand name would make sense, but they aren't and it doesn't.

Playstation Vii would have been a sick console name.

It would also remind everyone of final fantasy 7...

Even though i'd be ripping off the wii, it would still rock.

Goldrusher

H_Prestige said:
This is so much better. Seriously Sony, get rid of the Playstation already. Sony is a much more recognizable brand anyway and doesn't sound like kiddy crap.
Not to mention it has a unique font / an actual logo.
Not simply "PlayStation" in Arial.

R-User!

Gooster said:
Keep thinking of this:

lucy.jpg

I'm glad you posted this, because I was JUST thinking about VITAMEATAVEGIMIN not 2 mins ago... :p and I thought, "nah too much trouble just to post an I Love Lucy pic..."

Pee Ess Vita

Piss Vita

Pee Ess Veeta

just trying out the different ways of naturally saying this strange new name of Sony's Next Generation Portable...

Pee Ess Vee wouldn't look bad on the front of the Handheld... can someone photoshop it in so all can see what it would look like? if it hasn't been posted already...

I don't give a shit about what NGP is called, I'm just excited for what's inside this thing and the games and other software/apps it will have.

mattp

Goldrusher said:
Not to mention it has a unique font / an actual logo.
Not simply "PlayStation" in Arial.
i hate that they switched the font to that bullshit
this was SO SO SO much better
playstation_logo.png

Top Bottom