• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita must have titles

Kupfer

reS9POb.jpg

I really enjoyed the God of War Collection on the Vita in preparation for God of War 2018. I even got a second, sealed copy of the game, now sitting in my small Vita collection, because I liked it so much.
It includes GoW 1 + 2 and plays really well. Some occasional frame drops, but all in all one of the best Vita experiences for me as someone who missed GoW 1 + 2 on the PS2 (though I own the games on the PS2 but somehow never played them).

All of my other "must haves" are already mentioned

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.

the problem with the ps vita was there wasn’t a legit gta or legit exclusive mgs game.

SpiceRacz

I don't think the software ever matched the quality of the hardware imo. It doesn't have a true killer app other than maybe Persona 4 Golden. With that said, it's the best piece of portable hardware ever made. Uncharted Golden Abyss would be my recommendation.

Just dusted off my Vita after the NSW: OLED news. Why the hell didn't Sony support this magnificent piece of tech? I just paired some bluetooth headphones and I'm enjoying Muramasa again. All of those PS1 games I bought in the PS3 era are available too. I love this fucking thing.

Zero7

Project Diva F/F2nd
DJ max Teknika Tune
IA/VT colorful
School Idol paradise

PSvita is a rythm/music game dream machine. Only reason I kept playing mine for as long as I did.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Hi!

clown grave GIF

Doing some necro stuff here, since I just got myself a Vita, which should arrive by the end of this week. It's the FAT model, pretty excited to see that OLED screen in person, heard it's quite a treat.

So yeah, lots of games already recommended here, but wanted to bump this anyway in case people wants to add even more games. For context, I never had a PSP, so PSP games are welcome too. PSX is welcome too since I've barely played games from that system, and the same goes for whatever game you just really like to play on the Vita.

In fact, I'm looking forward to playing Grand Knights History. Apparently it's a Vanillaware JRPG released for the PSP, which never got out of Japan, but has a fan translation available. Have any of you tried it? Looks cool.

Setzer

Hi!

clown grave GIF

Doing some necro stuff here, since I just got myself a Vita, which should arrive by the end of this week. It's the FAT model, pretty excited to see that OLED screen in person, heard it's quite a treat.

So yeah, lots of games already recommended here, but wanted to bump this anyway in case people wants to add even more games. For context, I never had a PSP, so PSP games are welcome too. PSX is welcome too since I've barely played games from that system, and the same goes for whatever game you just really like to play on the Vita.

In fact, I'm looking forward to playing Grand Knights History. Apparently it's a Vanillaware JRPG released for the PSP, which never got out of Japan, but has a fan translation available. Have any of you tried it? Looks cool.
Haven't played that game before but after watching a gameplay video for it on Youtube I'm gonna have to try it out with that translation patch.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Haven't played that game before but after watching a gameplay video for it on Youtube I'm gonna have to try it out with that translation patch.
Never heard of that game before, which is kinda weird considering how much I love the other Vanillaware games.

Hope you like it! I wont be able to try it until later this week, so if you do please let us know what you think.

Inanilmaz

Persona 4 Golden
Tearaway
Gravity Rush
Uncharted
Muramasa Rebirth
Touch My Katamari
Digimon: Cyber Sleuth
Everybody's Golf
God of War 1+2
Hotline Miami

PSP:
Loco Roco 1+2
Ape Escape

cireza

Hi!

clown grave GIF

Vita actually received Grand Kingdom, which is a spiritual successor, in case you want to play a native Vita game instead of a PSP game.

PSP games tend to look pixelated, but maybe you will be fine with it.

Otherwise I had recommended a list on first page and I still agree with this list today ^^

Also I am going to add the Utawarerumono trilogy. I completed Prelude (first game in the story) and started Mask of Deception. Great, fun games.

TintoConCasera

Vita actually received Grand Kingdom, which is a spiritual successor, in case you want to play a native Vita game instead of a PSP game.

PSP games tend to look pixelated, but maybe you will be fine with it.

Otherwise I had recommended a list on first page and I still agree with this list today ^^

Also I am going to add the Utawarerumono trilogy. I completed Prelude (first game in the story) and started Mask of Deception. Great, fun games.
Thanks! Didn't know about Grand Kingdom, but still, I'll start with the PSP game since I'm a sucker for Vanillaware games. Thanks for mentioning it tho!

What do you mean by pixelated? Just low res I guess? Or does it have a different aspect ratio or something?

Hot Shots World Invitational
Muramasa
Muramasa is quite high on the list! I already played it on the Wii, but that was loooong ago.... also I heard the Vita has more content, so I guess it'll end up feeling like a brand new game.

This banger
mec2Qly.jpg
Yeah something's telling me the Vita has a lot of games with those kind of... Physics. Is the game nice? Or is just for the coom aspect?

Thanks! Didn't know about Grand Kingdom, but still, I'll start with the PSP game since I'm a sucker for Vanillaware games. Thanks for mentioning it tho!

What do you mean by pixelated? Just low res I guess? Or does it have a different aspect ratio or something?

Muramasa is quite high on the list! I already played it on the Wii, but that was loooong ago.... also I heard the Vita has more content, so I guess it'll end up feeling like a brand new game.

Yeah something's telling me the Vita has a lot of games with those kind of... Physics. Is the game nice? Or is just for the coom aspect?
Too be completely honest, I've bought by this day one and only played 10 mins of it's story till this day. I will have to play it at some point and give you an honest opinion! The game does feel smooth and it's action gameplay is not bad really.

TintoConCasera

Too be completely honest, I've bought by this day one and only played 10 mins of it's story till this day. I will have to play it at some point and give you an honest opinion! The game does feel smooth and it's action gameplay is not bad really.
Well it has cute girls so I guess I should give it a chance at least. Thanks man!

TintoConCasera

Shameless bump.

Ys7 is still my favorite Ys game. Amazing soundtrack.
Looking forward to getting into this series! Already beat "the Ark of something" one, long time ago, and thinking it was quite fun.

cireza

The aspect ratio is actually fine, Vita is exactly x2 de PSP resolution. Still the pixels are a bit apparent. You will see by yourself, hopefully it is not a problem for you. Adrenaline (PSP emulator homebrew) offers more filters than the native one included in the Vita.

TintoConCasera

The aspect ratio is actually fine, Vita is exactly x2 de PSP resolution. Still the pixels are a bit apparent. You will see by yourself, hopefully it is not a problem for you. Adrenaline (PSP emulator homebrew) offers more filters than the native one included in the Vita.
Oh, I think I can live with a bit of blurriness. Been playing on the Switch for some time now. :goog_relieved:

I'll be playing with Adrenaline tho, so hopefully that helps! Thanks man.

Top Bottom