• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Screenshots | OS Level Captures

As I promised folks, here are some Good People Die demo screen shots I just took.

AhBQutwCIAAA7sU.jpg:large

AhBQF3hCQAAt0QN.jpg:large

AhBQN-mCEAImIOA.jpg:large

AhBQTecCQAAzjdd.jpg:large

AhBQgwjCIAAucSe.jpg:large

I've been posting them sporadically to my twitter account, but if anyone's interested, feel free to make requests and I'll see what I can do. DCharlie got way more than I did though.

I should also note that while the game isn't mind blowingly beautiful, it is VERY attractive due to its clean and distinct art style. I would go with the Vita over the 3DS version just because of how much sharper it looks. Game also has a TON of voice acting.

A few more random ones from the first puzzle + the live area.

https://p.twimg.com/AhBTuuZCEAEMlLo.jpg:large[IMG]
[IMG]https://p.twimg.com/AhBTUwbCIAEHl8Q.jpg:large[IMG]
[IMG]https://p.twimg.com/AhBTYzPCQAEFejA.jpg:large[IMG]
[IMG]https://p.twimg.com/AhBTmlRCEAAgj4Q.jpg:large[IMG][/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for that :) It looks AWESOME.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Goddamn... the wait for the US release is getting so unbearable.

I feel sort of similar, but I'm simultaneously also kind of happy I cancelled my JPN preorder. The EU/US launches will be even better, and cheaper (vs import), and I feel less guilty now about splurging on gifts for Xmas :) I'm really looking forward to Feb now though.

DCharlie

Banned
yeah, i like the idea behind Good People Die :D

Took a load of screens of THE GLORIOUS Mingol

and purchased F1 2011

Will upload once i've fed my fat face ;)

yeah, i like the idea behind Good People Die :D

Took a load of screens of THE GLORIOUS Mingol

and purchased F1 2011

Will upload once i've fed my fat face ;)

I'm actually curious about Mingol. I was thinking of picking it up... possibly.

It'd be better with Wyverns though. =p

I feel sort of similar, but I'm simultaneously also kind of happy I cancelled my JPN preorder. The EU/US launches will be even better, and cheaper (vs import), and I feel less guilty now about splurging on gifts for Xmas :) I'm really looking forward to Feb now though.

Hehe, i just checked JPN console prices, they like start from 400$ :p

it's going to be 250 euros here in february so i might be able to wait... But im also asking a friend in Korea if he can get one from a store for the regular price and send it over.

edit: no korean version available yet :(

DCharlie

Banned
Yikes! that first shot is frightful. Such a shame that it's upscaling from sub native res because it looks great otherwise :(

thankfully the actual game looks pretty good - and it is, as ever, crack coffee addictive.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
In your head, add some sharpness and colours + contrast to those screen. The screen is godly. My 2009 Macbook Pro screen looks less sharp than Vita and a bit washed out.

In your head, add some sharpness and colours + contrast to those screen. The screen is godly. My 2009 Macbook Pro screen looks less sharp than Vita and a bit washed out.

Oh I've seen a Vita in person. I know how gorgeous the screen looks alright!

It's the blurriness and aliasing that bothers me on those shots, not the muted colours. (and I'm sure it'll stand out like a sore thumb on that screen, since most other games/the OS look pin sharp, just like how Uncharted GA looks muddy on the actual screen.)

Unlike on a HDTV, where everything that's full 720p gets upscaled anyway, anything that's sub native res on the Vita's screen will look obviously blurry and upscaled (much like DS games on a 3DS)

Number45

Can someone explain this to me.

There are screens in this thread dumped natively from the OS (poorly compressed JPEGs, but that's irrelevant to this post) and people are complaining that they look poor.

Now, I've just opened one of those images in a separate browser window (and confirmed in Windows Image Viewer and GIMP) and they measure around 8.25 inches at the diagonal. Give or take what's hidden behind the bezel of the Vita, wouldn't showing those images at 5 inches on the diagonal be more representative of how the game would look on the screen?

I'm not sure how I'd go about making that happen with GIMP, all I can see how to do is scale the image (which obviously alters the resolution rather than the size it's displayed at).

Again, I'm not trying to defend/attack a game not running in the native resolution - I just want to get a better idea of how they'll look when displayed on the Vita screen.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
As I promised folks, here are some Good People Die demo screen shots I just took.

I've been posting them sporadically to my twitter account, but if anyone's interested, feel free to make requests and I'll see what I can do. DCharlie got way more than I did though.

I should also note that while the game isn't mind blowingly beautiful, it is VERY attractive due to its clean and distinct art style. I would go with the Vita over the 3DS version just because of how much sharper it looks. Game also has a TON of voice acting.
Beautful. If they fail to put up a 3DS demo for comparison's sake, I'll go with the Vita. Looks good enough for me.

Cheers.

Can someone explain this to me.

There are screens in this thread dumped natively from the OS (poorly compressed JPEGs, but that's irrelevant to this post) and people are complaining that they look poor.

Now, I've just opened one of those images in a separate browser window (and confirmed in Windows Image Viewer and GIMP) and they measure around 8.25 inches at the diagonal. Give or take what's hidden behind the bezel of the Vita, wouldn't showing those images at 5 inches on the diagonal be more representative of how the game would look on the screen?

I'm not sure how I'd go about making that happen with GIMP, all I can see how to do is scale the image (which obviously alters the resolution rather than the size it's displayed at).

Again, I'm not trying to defend/attack a game not running in the native resolution - I just want to get a better idea of how they'll look when displayed on the Vita screen.

It won't work. Everybody uses monitors of differing size and resolution, meaning that every screen has a different DPI (dots per inch) figure. There's no way to accurately replicate how it looks on the screen itself (even ignoring the OLED factor!), since a monitor won't have the same DPI as the Vita screen.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
It's the blurriness and aliasing that bothers me on those shots, not the muted colours.
The standards these first party games are setting are disappointing. But the higher dpi will mitigate some of those woes. As Med10n suggested before, back away from screen until screen appears to be 5 inches and judge them again lol.

Grimmy

Banned
The standards these first party game are setting is disappointing. But the higher dpi will mitigate some of those woes. As Med10n suggested before, back away from screen until screen appears to be 5 inches and judge them again lol.

Actually you're right - so far, the worst IQs have been first-party games and Namco's games. Virtua Tennis, BlazBlue, Mahjong, Army Corps etc. all seem to use Vita's full resolution.

Korea gets it in February - and USD price will be the same as in Japan.

Yeah i found that out just now, i assumed Korea would have gotten it along with jpn/hkg/twn.

And the pricing would be much lower than the ebay/play-asia price of 400$ though if they sell with the retail price of 24,980¥ or 249 000 won.

Gonna have to wait february then :p

I thought the grass looked much more improved in HSG Vita than in the PS3 version, at least in the videos of HSG Vita, screens make it not look like an improvement.

I think that dude will be my main though, hope hes an avatar on ps vita.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It's a damn shame that they have apparently mis-matched the handheld's resolution with what they wanted to do with it in terms of visuals. This whole thing would be a non-issue if only the screen resolution was 20% smaller.

Top Bottom