• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Screenshots | OS Level Captures

Ag2R75sCAAAU-Ah.jpg:large

FFS Namco, this is PSP graphics you fucks! Let me guess, runs at 20FPS, and goes down to 10FPS in stages where you can pick houses, ocean tiles, etc.?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
FFS Namco, this is PSP graphics you fucks! Let me guess, runs at 20FPS, and goes down to 10FPS in stages where you can pick houses, ocean tiles, etc.?
Actually it looked really fun on the stream. Remember, KD was never meant to be a graphical showcase in any capacity. I'm actually considering picking it up now.

iceatcs

Vita: (right resolution? but you could see both have different engine)
Ag2R75sCAAAU-Ah.jpg:large

iPhone:
Gameplay_03.png

Gameplay_01.png

Wow iphone look completely shit, but due of old models.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
PS2:
katamari-damacy-20040719045600314_640w.jpg

PSP:
me-and-my-katamari-20060328032838658_640w.jpg

It always looked this way
KuGsj.gif

I don't wanna blindly defend it, but changing how it looks (by upping the poly-count or adding complex lighting) would probably change one of the franchise's main design philosophies.

What everyone should bitch about, is whether this entry has enough gameplay changes/improvements to be relevant vs. being another Bamco rehash.

yurinka

Can someone post a direct screenshot of a PSP game running in Vita with both the AA filter enabled and disabled?

jackdoe

Hey guys 360 = Vita = PSP = PS2 omg
Not true at all. The 360 is so much more powerful than the Vita as evidenced by the better shadows. That truly takes a lot of horsepower.

But seriously. Why are the shadows so bad?

You can tell by looking at captures that Uncharted doesn't run at the Vita's native resolution. I remember noticing it in another game too but I don't remember which.
Yup. But it's close enough that with a few optimizations, Bend should be able to hit that native resolution. Now, Resistance Burning Skies on the other hand...

Raonak

Banned
I like the simplistic look of katamari. But goddam, that game needs some anti-aliasing BADLY!

and LOL@people wanting the screenshot function to create bullshots. I for one appreciate it gives us proper screenshots. Im sick of this bullshot buisness.

gkryhewy

totally, they both look like shit. great job Namco.

I find it more objectionable that they're charging, or attempting to charge, 40 USD for the Vita version and 7 USD for the iOS version for what are clearly essentially the same game in the same engine. This is the kind of thing that will kill dedicated handhelds.

EDIT: I see that this is a 30 USD Vita game; better, but still sad.

jackdoe

I find it more objectionable that they're charging, or attempting to charge, 40 USD for the Vita version and 7 USD for the iOS version for what are clearly essentially the same game in the same engine. This is the kind of thing that will kill dedicated handhelds.
Amazon says it's $30. That's still overpriced though, as it should be at most $20.

If I were to guess I'd say that the engine is pretty damn old. Super Monkey Ball, while kinda sharing the visual style looks much cleaner and attractive.
That's true, but the PS3 and 360 versions have much cleaner shadows so they can make the tweaks if they need to.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

Not to mention the IAP/DLC unlocks on both versions. Disgusting.

hyp

Not to mention the IAP/DLC unlocks on both versions. Disgusting.

seems like no one noticed your rebuttal to yoshida's "PWNAGE" tweet either. he was straight quiet after the 99 cent comment.

vita looks great and I want one eventually but the games better be running at native res and use the hardware to its fullest for me to justify the price of games.

RiZ III

Are you guys fucking serious about the katamari comments??? Have you played the the original?! The art style is just simplistic! Christ. I don't have a vita nor care to buy one, but this just shows that you idiots missed out on a ps2 classic and don't seem to have any clue about the fact that the whoe series is built around a simple art style.

Are you guys fucking serious about the katamari comments??? Have you played the the original?! The art style is just simplistic! Christ. I don't have a vita nor care to buy one, but this just shows that you idiots missed out on a ps2 classic and don't seem to have any clue about the fact that the whoe series is built around a simple art style.

Simple =! pixelated mess in each game. Game started on PS2, I demand something more from PS3/Vita. PS3 did it nice with brushes, but it was a pain to unlock the.

Most important thing - is it running at sub-30FPS? I didn't see the stream yet, can anyone comment?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Most important thing - is it running at sub-30FPS? I didn't see the stream yet, can anyone comment?
It looked like a stable 30fps, but I'm waiting for more information on how big the base game is, since we already know they're planning an extravagant DLC schedule.

It looked like a stable 30fps, but I'm waiting for more information on how big the base game is, since we already know they're planning an extravagant DLC schedule.

Still, I expected 60FPS. One of the brushes on PS3 was running the game at 60FPS, which was even more bizzare due to the fact that default brush was 30FPS.

I scaled down the Uncharted pics to ACTUAL Vita sized screens( 5 inches, based on my monitor's resolution of course)

2Y8M1.png

JJSwI.png

kc8WW.png

s8lsp.png

Anyone complaining about the graphics is a lunatic.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
dunno if it works like that lol

(but yeah it will look great on the Viter, which is how someone from alabama says vita)

orioto

Good Art™
I scaled down the Uncharted pics to ACTUAL Vita sized screens( 5 inches, based on my monitor's resolution of course)

2Y8M1.png

It's cheating to begin with, and it's not enough to hide the horrible resolution of the buffer on the background here...

Vita has an awesome and well defined screen, so you'll see this heavily aliased bridge a lot more than you're trying to hide here.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I haven't even seen 1 stream complain about UC. Of course is lacking proper AA but that doesn't take a lot away from it. I've watched more UC GA than I should have the last 2 days and it's definitely stunning and I imagine seeing it with your own 2 eyes helps a lot.

Top Bottom