• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita wallpaper thread | Customizing dat OLED screen

whitehawk

Banned
Is there a way to change the colour on the start screen? I'm talking about when you fold the unlock part, and there is a colour underneath.

Audioboxer

Have updated my sets. Big thanks to Rafal for being my beta tester.
Now all with added PSOne backgrounds

MagicalTrevor inspired:

Blurred:

Lighting:

Also at request of a few people, the text template as a transparent PNG file:

Download Links:
Vertical : Horizontal

Love the blurred ones, but the amount of JPEG compression (or is it banding?) ruins them. Can you redo as PNG?

Also would be nice if the PSN/Playstation Network backgrounds were different. Nice work though.

Syn23

Can anyone do a nendoroid miku related lock screen wallpaper, please? Or post any link to good source images? I can't find anything good. :\

Need a bit of help. I'm currently using some Mirror's Edge artwork as my wallpapers but the pictures themselves are not showing up in the gallery - despite showing up if I apply them as wallpapers.

Can someone basically convert them into Vita-friendly wallpapers? They're currently in .png form but even as I saved them as .jpgs - they're not showing up in the Vita's photo album (and it's driving me nuts as the .jpg versions are on my vita).

Here's the folder link: Mirror's Edge Artwork

I also have more pics if anyone wants them. I'll just upload them if anyone asks.

Thanks!

xXJonoXx

Someone make this image in the resolution for Vita!

6795555948_a27464c224_z.jpg

UGH, it's such a shame how pictures on the wallpaper are compressed from how they normally look in the photo viewer. Does anyone know why? Is it a bug or intentional? It really sucks when you have a great photo with nice detail, but then the compression mucks it up.

whitehawk

Banned
UGH, it's such a shame how pictures on the wallpaper are compressed from how they normally look in the photo viewer. Does anyone know why? Is it a bug or intentional? It really sucks when you have a great photo with nice detail, but then the compression mucks it up.
Yeah I've noticed this too. The vita probably has a strict limit for OS Ram usage, so it shrinks each image to the max size it allows.

SuperFlyAngel

Unconfirmed Member
Audίoboxer;35692730 said:
Love the blurred ones, but the amount of JPEG compression (or is it banding?) ruins them. Can you redo as PNG?

Yeh sucks, I found out about that via another member. I am pretty much designing blind, because I don't have my Vita yet

Have made some PNGs for you though, hope they are better.
DOWNLOAD PNG

Also would be nice if the PSN/Playstation Network backgrounds were different. Nice work though.

How is this?

Rarely if ever post but read the forums for ages now.

Just a post to say thanks to everyone who's posted wallpapers in this thread. My Vita is looking fantastic as a result now. Lets hope they keep on coming :D

ok after reading through all these pages and downloaded like dozens of wallpapers and themes I just want to thank all the contributors.
there is really some people with talent here and taking a little of your time to share some themes even if it's not so much a big job is really nice.

Back to my wallpaper download fest ^^

thundr51

Have to admit these are awesome. Sony should consider creating some sort of application to package these as themes or something.

Awesome work everyone! As much as I like the templates I rather just know in my head what page is what and have a full wallpaper. So don't forget about those that don't want templates. lol

Okay... I made a new wallpaper-pack for our Vita's:

• Colored labels and matching 'notification bulb'-decorations
• 7 available labels
• Template (Photoshop .PSD) available

preview_circles_vita_wallpapers.jpg

Download-links
With template: http://bit.ly/vYUHIE
Without template: http://bit.ly/zjwTfK

Note: The green-labeled layer in the Photoshop-template is fully editable (in case you want to customize the look of the label / circle decoration), the others are not.
You can simply change the color of the labels by using the Hue / Saturation sliders (CTRL or Cmd + U).

• 7 available labels

Download-links

Note: The green-labeled layer in the Photoshop-template is fully editable (in case you want to customize the look of the label / circle decoration), the others are not.
You can simply change the color of the labels by using the Hue / Saturation sliders (CTRL or Cmd + U).

if you could make a playstation one page it would be perfect, also can someone make these available to be downloaded off the Vita browser?

tn2007

How's this? :)

Amazing work guys. Shikoro or magicaltrevor can you please do another background with the same template for psp games, vita games, vita demos, and playstation? I have a lot of psp, psone, and vita games. And can you please do a psn games background?

rbanke

magicaltrevor, are the backgrounds you are using made by you or could I find them somewhere? I really like yours but I want to change several of the category names & play with some designs.

EDIT: Nevermind, I didnt notice the template link. thanks for these!

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Here you go...
I really love the idea of your blurred backgrounds, but unfortunately they didn't turn out as good as I hoped they would.

For example this beautiful background:

7a-settings.jpg

Looks like this on the Vita:

FviD2.jpg

Artifacting aside, the color depth took a hit for some reason. I wonder why the Vita is having a trouble with this. Any ideas?

Either way, what a shame :\

i-Lo

I really love the idea of your blurred backgrounds, but unfortunately they didn't turn out as good as I hoped they would.

For example this beautiful background:

7a-settings.jpg

Looks like this on the Vita:

FviD2.jpg

Artifacting aside, the color depth took a hit for some reason. I wonder why the Vita is having a trouble with this. Any ideas?

Either way, what a shame :\

Looks like case of bad dithering. It's specially surprising since it's oled screen. Do you know what's the colour bit depth (almost every gfx card and monitor are made to show 32 bit "True Colour")

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Do you know what's the colour bit depth (almost every gfx card and monitor are made to show 32 bit "True Colour")
Pretty sure it's 32bit, just like every other modern device. The Vita can reproduces colors and gradients pretty accurately as evidenced by... everything else, basically.

Still investigating.

i-Lo

Pretty sure it's 32bit, just like every other modern device.

Thanks. Before I begin once more kindly note that I do not have a Vita yet.

Now, does the same thing happen when you view the image in the normal image viewer of the Vita, before making it a wallpaper? If so then I assume it compresses the image somewhat.

Also, have you tried it with other picture formats (such as .png)?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Now, does the same thing happen when you view the image in the normal image viewer of the Vita, before making it a wallpaper? If so then I assume it compresses the image somewhat.
Nope. The colors are faithful to the original when viewed in the Photo app, it just takes a hit whenever it's applied as a wallpaper.

Also, have you tried it with other picture formats (such as .png)?
Yeah, same problem.

whitehawk

Banned

• 7 available labels

Download-links

Thank you so much! I kept checking this thread every time it was bumped to see if this was released. I love it!

SuperFlyAngel

Unconfirmed Member
I'd say it has do with compression then.

I wish I knew, I've heard of a few cases of pixelation and image compression now on wallpapers. Looks like the vita has certain amount of OS ram to use and auto compresses.

Is a shame, especially on your own wallpaper design. Maybe fixed in an update...

I wish I knew, I've heard of a few cases of pixelation and image compression now on wallpapers. Looks like the vita has certain amount of OS ram to use and auto compresses.

Is a shame, especially on your own wallpaper design. Maybe fixed in an update...

They're gonna need that OS ram for all the other stuff they need to fix, heh. ;-)

Sony need to talk to magicaltrevor next time they launch a system.

Hahahaha.

Well, they seem to have learned a great deal from the errors they made with the PS3.
I think the Vita will turn out just fine, eventually.

At least my list with feedback actually got sent to the right people thanks to someone I met from Sony UK, so if they really are serious about the Vita, I'm sure they'll take notes.

Another issue I'm currently having is the PS3: It baffles me that it still hasn't got an update to match some of the features with those of the Vita (except for the Party Mode... because they already said they can't do cross-game voice chat) and - at the very least - show PSN friends playing online on their Vita's.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Apologies in advance for the mass of images.

would anyone mind making me a wallpaper of itachi uchiha from naruto?

thank you!

Can that motherfuc*er do anything other than look sad while wearing red and black?

Can anyone do a nendoroid miku related lock screen wallpaper, please? Or post any link to good source images? I can't find anything good. :\

Here's some animu for you! Made using results from Google Image searching ["Hatsune Miku" nendoroid], restricted to Large images. I don't know how to apply that zipper effect, or if it's even possible using Paint, so go nuts with these.
Did that last one because it was in the results, and why not?

Image folders:
Itachi Uchiha
Hatsune Miku (Nendoroid)

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Apologies in advance for the mass of images.

Can that motherfuc*er do anything other than look sad while wearing red and black?

Here's some animu for you! Made using results from Google Image searching ["Hatsune Miku" nendoroid], restricted to Large images. I don't know how to apply that zipper effect, or if it's even possible using Paint, so go nuts with these.

Did that last one because it was in the results, and why not?

Image folders:
Itachi Uchiha
Hatsune Miku (Nendoroid)
thank you sooo much

Top Bottom