• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vue Goes Nationwide, Starting at $29.99 in New Markets

muteki

Few thoughts on browser Vue while at work:

- I apparently had to enable flash to get any video to work.
- No Guide?
- While I got the usual "Mobile Restricted" warning since it detected I wasn't in my home network, so far any time I try a channel that is "Mobile Restricted" on my phone, works in the browser. So not sure what this is about, but it works for now at least.

Gragen

This is what happened to me today using vue. Totally unacceptable imo. Chat log.

2016, 5:04:38 PM): Hello, My name is Xavier, how may I assist you today?
Me (11/6/2016, 5:05:42 PM): I want to know why PS vue in my area is an hour ahead of local time and cut off my program because it thought it past the time it actually is.
Me (11/6/2016, 5:06:12 PM): Specifically San Diego.
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:07:37 PM): Well that could be do a location issue with the account. Can you please tell me the online ID for the account so I can look into why this is happening to you?
Me (11/6/2016, 5:07:50 PM): Dartmuth
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:08:43 PM): What is your zip code?
Me (11/6/2016, 5:08:49 PM): 91950
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:09:08 PM): Can you please exit vue for me I will try something on my end.
Me (11/6/2016, 5:09:15 PM): Yes
Me (11/6/2016, 5:09:30 PM): Done
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:11:16 PM): Alright now enter.
Me (11/6/2016, 5:12:18 PM): It still thinks it's 612 when it's 512
Me (11/6/2016, 5:12:31 PM): Didn't work
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:12:54 PM): So the time is still off. Alright well I will be right back.
Me (11/6/2016, 5:13:01 PM): Ok
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:17:35 PM): It shows everything is correct on our end. It could be due to the daylight savings time it just has not adjusted yet.
Me (11/6/2016, 5:18:17 PM): Well that's not my fault or the money I spent to use this service.
Me (11/6/2016, 5:19:38 PM): My playstation knows what time it is, why not the app?
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:19:51 PM): Let me see what I can do about that right now because you did just say it cut off your program due to this.
Me (11/6/2016, 5:20:45 PM): Specifically the chargers football game that is in san diego, it's the only reason I am using vue.
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:24:51 PM): Still seeing what I can do about that for you Billy.
Me (11/6/2016, 5:24:58 PM): Thanks
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:29:28 PM): I am really sorry about the inconvenience sir but unfortunately I would not be able to do anything about the cut off you experienced. I went to double check and even triple check to see if there were anything else that can be done for you today but there is not. If there are any other issues you have noticed with vue please let me know as I would gladly assist with that. I apologize I could not be of much help with that Billy.
Me (11/6/2016, 5:31:19 PM): I speak with my wallet. I want you to cancel my service right now.
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:31:26 PM): Alright I will cancel for you.
Me (11/6/2016, 5:31:40 PM): Thanks
Me (11/6/2016, 5:32:45 PM): And whoever you double and triple checked with needs a new job.
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:32:58 PM): Your subscription has been cancelled.
Me (11/6/2016, 5:33:04 PM): Ok
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:33:25 PM): You are now good to go Billy. Again really sorry about all of this.
Me (11/6/2016, 5:33:30 PM): Thanks for trying.
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:33:40 PM): Anytime

onQ123

This is what happened to me today using vue. Totally unacceptable imo. Chat log.

2016, 5:04:38 PM): Hello, My name is Xavier, how may I assist you today?
Me (11/6/2016, 5:05:42 PM): I want to know why PS vue in my area is an hour ahead of local time and cut off my program because it thought it past the time it actually is.
Me (11/6/2016, 5:06:12 PM): Specifically San Diego.
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:07:37 PM): Well that could be do a location issue with the account. Can you please tell me the online ID for the account so I can look into why this is happening to you?
Me (11/6/2016, 5:07:50 PM): Dartmuth
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:08:43 PM): What is your zip code?
Me (11/6/2016, 5:08:49 PM): 91950
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:09:08 PM): Can you please exit vue for me I will try something on my end.
Me (11/6/2016, 5:09:15 PM): Yes
Me (11/6/2016, 5:09:30 PM): Done
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:11:16 PM): Alright now enter.
Me (11/6/2016, 5:12:18 PM): It still thinks it's 612 when it's 512
Me (11/6/2016, 5:12:31 PM): Didn't work
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:12:54 PM): So the time is still off. Alright well I will be right back.
Me (11/6/2016, 5:13:01 PM): Ok
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:17:35 PM): It shows everything is correct on our end. It could be due to the daylight savings time it just has not adjusted yet.
Me (11/6/2016, 5:18:17 PM): Well that's not my fault or the money I spent to use this service.
Me (11/6/2016, 5:19:38 PM): My playstation knows what time it is, why not the app?
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:19:51 PM): Let me see what I can do about that right now because you did just say it cut off your program due to this.
Me (11/6/2016, 5:20:45 PM): Specifically the chargers football game that is in san diego, it's the only reason I am using vue.
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:24:51 PM): Still seeing what I can do about that for you Billy.
Me (11/6/2016, 5:24:58 PM): Thanks
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:29:28 PM): I am really sorry about the inconvenience sir but unfortunately I would not be able to do anything about the cut off you experienced. I went to double check and even triple check to see if there were anything else that can be done for you today but there is not. If there are any other issues you have noticed with vue please let me know as I would gladly assist with that. I apologize I could not be of much help with that Billy.
Me (11/6/2016, 5:31:19 PM): I speak with my wallet. I want you to cancel my service right now.
Me (11/6/2016, 5:32:45 PM): And whoever you double and triple checked with needs a new job.
Xavier (11/6/2016, 5:33:25 PM): You are now good to go Billy. Again really sorry about all of this.

Are you sure that this was something on PS Vue end & not the broadcaster end?

Lomax

That's pretty screwed up there. I enjoy the Vue service but the dvr is already showing its limitations to me and there's still no real guide on the roku app and a ton of new competition is coming soon, so they'd better get their act together or I see myself changing services next year some time.

Gragen

Are you talking about a live broadcast or you was trying to DVR the game & the guide stopped the recording?

Live broadcast, specifically the San Diego chargers game, which was literally taking place 15 minutes from my house. Vue sucks here anyway because Fox and ABC don't jive.

Why are you so questionable about this?

onQ123

Live broadcast, specifically the San Diego chargers game, which was literally taking place 15 minutes from my house. Vue sucks here anyway because Fox and ABC don't jive.

Why are you so questionable about this?

I'm just trying to figure out the situation & how the time in the guide can affect the broadcast signal.

Shouldn't Vue just be relaying the signal to you & not actually controlling when a signal starts & stop?

You're kidding me with this shit, right? People wonder why some customer service reps aren't helpful or have bad attitude about it and it's because people act like you just did. I'm actually impressed by them for not taking your bait near the end by claiming the person they checked with should lose their job. This is like the poster-child for first-world entitlement.

Nevyr

Banned
I'm just trying to figure out the situation & how the time in the guide can affect the broadcast signal.

Shouldn't Vue just be relaying the signal to you & not actually controlling when a signal starts & stop?

Due to it being network dvr and iptv it is very plausable that the ip stream you get is linked to your guide.

Gragen

You're kidding me with this shit, right? People wonder why some customer service reps aren't helpful or have bad attitude about it and it's because people act like you just did. I'm actually impressed by them for not taking your bait near the end by claiming the person they checked with should lose their job. This is like the poster-child for first-world entitlement.

First world entitlement? I pay money to use a service so yes I feel entitled to get to use the service. And you're right, I should have just let it go but I was pissed.

J-Skee

First world entitlement? I pay money to use a service so yes I feel entitled to get to use the service. And you're right, I should have just let it go but I was pissed.

Whenever Daylight Savings Time ends, there's always a weird issue with something. The iPhone had a weird bug for the longest time because of it. Maybe if you just waited on it, it would have corrected itself.

platocplx

"I Speak with my wallet" lmao what is wrong with you i dont get the language even if you are upset with the service. lmao man this is sad. Acting like that over that issue is super weird. Even if it was an issue with the time change. The childish entitlement kills me.

What were you trying to illustrate with that chat log besides you acting like a brat? The rep was nothing but polite.

Gragen

Yeah I was acting childish. I just don't believe online services, especially paid services should get a pass when their product doesn't work.

I wish the channel up/down button worked with the PS4 universal remote. Probably not possible since it doesn't correspond with any PS4 controller button, but it would be an amazing feature.

Yeah I was acting childish. I just don't believe online services, especially paid services should get a pass when their product doesn't work.
Was acting childish?

I won't assume anything about your age, but I think it's very clear you don't work in IT. Computing systems break or have unforeseen bugs. It's the way the world works. And that rep you lashed out? Likely has 0 control over any of it and definitely doesn't get paid enough to deal with attitudes like yours.

Most of the time a customer can get some kind of credit for an outage. I would think that would've happened here. But you skipped right over the "more bees with honey" tactic into "shit into cheerios."

I wish the channel up/down button worked with the PS4 universal remote. Probably not possible since it doesn't correspond with any PS4 controller button, but it would be an amazing feature.
I wish the channels had numbers assigned to them so I could use the number pad on the remote.

J-Skee

And then it hits me that I never watch Viacom content anyway.

But I know a lot of people that do. There's Sling TV & DirecTV will launch their competitor next month.

I made sure to let Sony know I will be cancelling. Hopefully they get enough negative feedback to force them to make a deal with Viacom...

Though Viacom shouldn't be rewarded for this shit.

Kaladin

I will be switching to Sling TV. Blue + Comedy Plus + Lifestyle Plus gives us everything we want, including the Viacom channels Spike is dropping for $10 less.

Struct09

I just started my trial yesterday, and while I was excited and really wanted to like the service I definitely won't be keeping a subscription.

-Had a really hard time just signing up since it kept telling me I wasn't in the US
-Can't access any content on my iPad, it all shows up as "Mobile Restricted"
-Comedy Central was one of the main channels I wanted
-The streaming quality isn't that great, even on my gigabit connection

Kaladin

I've always had an odd issue with the DVR not playing many things back. It will be stuttery and sometimes just not play at all. But yet, at the same time, I'll be able to go to live TV and watch that no problem.

KodaRuss

I just started my trial yesterday, and while I was excited and really wanted to like the service I definitely won't be keeping a subscription.

-Had a really hard time just signing up since it kept telling me I wasn't in the US
-Can't access any content on my iPad, it all shows up as "Mobile Restricted"
-Comedy Central was one of the main channels I wanted
-The streaming quality isn't that great, even on my gigabit connection

Its too bad that there isnt much available on mobile. It has Comedy Central though?

I'm of two minds. I really want to watch comedy central, and want them to make a deal. But then I remember that Viacom is known for being greedy.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm not surprised honestly. Sounds like when Netflix really started to blow and a bunch of studios and groups started pulling their movies and TV shows from it now that it was making bank and becoming a serious competitor. It does suck to lose Viacom though really the only channel that effects me is Comedy Central.

I'll be keeping my subscription for now unless they start cutting more content and who knows, perhaps they can make Viacom channels an add on pack later on.

Nevyr

Banned
Contract disputes happens with all providers.

Hopefully gets resolved soon.

Not sure there is an option at this time, unless you want to do your own off-air antenna+dvr function for local channels.

Gaz_RB

Damn dude... that conversation was really uncool. There's another human on the other side of that conversation and insinuating that a customer service rep should be fired because of an error in the system... that's pretty disrespectful.

pacman85

Well, that's nice of them to add BBC America, and NBATV but losing all of the Viacom channels basically loses me as a potential customer of this. Hopefully they can re-negotiate and get it back sooner rather than later. For those wondering here are all the networks that will be gone in 3 days:

**ACCESS TIER
MTV
MTV2
Nickelodeon
Nick Jr.
Nicktoons
VH1
Comedy Central
Spike
TV Land
BET

**ELITE TIER
MTV Live
MTV Classic
MTVU
Logo TV
NickMusic
CMT
CMT Music
BET Gospel
BET Jams
BET Soul
Centric

AndyD

aka andydumi
Oof, that's a big hit. While BBCA is a great network, losing the Nick channels and MTV channels is going to be a significant blow.

mackattk

Well, that's nice of them to add BBC America, and NBATV but losing all of the Viacom channels basically loses me as a potential customer of this. Hopefully they can re-negotiate and get it back sooner rather than later. For those wondering here are all the networks that will be gone in 3 days:

**ACCESS TIER
MTV
MTV2
Nickelodeon
Nick Jr.
Nicktoons
VH1
Comedy Central
Spike
TV Land
BET

**ELITE TIER
MTV Live
MTV Classic
MTVU
Logo TV
NickMusic
CMT
CMT Music
BET Gospel
BET Jams
BET Soul
Centric

That is a lot of good channels being dropped. Really sucks.

andycapps

I made sure to let Sony know I will be cancelling. Hopefully they get enough negative feedback to force them to make a deal with Viacom...

Though Viacom shouldn't be rewarded for this shit.
It's not really Sony's fault. Viacom raised the prices for the renewal more than Sony can afford while keeping prices what they are.

I still hope they can work something out.

Top Bottom