• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation: "When Worlds Collide" [Insomniac game, leaked as R&C: Into The Nexus]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Huh? So is that Into the Nexus screen real or fake? If it's PS3...GODDAMNIT.

It's at least on PS3.

There seems to be a Vita screen here too.

I guess PS4 isn't impossible, but I mean, Sony said they were putting the PS3 to a more family friendly status post PS4 launch so this would fit quite well with that.

Toppot

http://ratchet.wikia.com/wiki/Ratchet_&_Clank:_NEXUS

Worlds colliding can mean a lot of things. Interdimensional travel already exist in the R&C universe because of Tools of Destruction. I'm totally expecting a villain from another dimension.

Or they could bring Tachyon back, he's stuck in a different dimension after all.

I'm hoping we get to go into the Lombax dimension and find out more about Ratchets past. The rich interesting backstory of the Futurre trilogy has been sorely missing in their recent adventures of 'Go stop that villian of the week to save the universe again'.

Jonboy

BO0tzCcCMAE7V0-.png

This was posted on twitter as well. Don't know the source though.

Not a Vita game.

That shows it being played on a PS3. That's just someone on the Vita. Look at the controller icon.

That's rude, there is nothing wrong with him being an Insomniac fan and quite honestly I would play a R&C game over anything the Resistance team is working on and I liked Resistance 3 alot.

Oh I would as well, any day, but only if it's from the main Cali team. The NC R&C games have not been impressive, A41 and FFA did nothing for me. I get the feeling that the main R&C team that did ToD and ACiT are working on Sunset Overdrive though.

Jonboy

It's at least on PS3.

There seems to be a Vita screen here too.

I guess PS4 isn't impossible, but I mean, Sony said they were putting the PS3 to a more family friendly status post PS4 launch so this would fit quite well with that.
The Vita screen is just a screenshot of someone's friends list while they're playing Vita. The RC game is showing being played with the PS3 icon.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I was excited and then..

oh it is another RC game. nah. excitement -120%.

Ratchet is a great franchise though. They've stayed very consistent and I argue ACiT being the best one and that was the last mainline entry.

Not a Vita game.

That shows it being played on a PS3. That's just someone on the Vita. Look at the controller icon.

Good catch. I'd still be interested but am still rooting for a PS4 version.

I don't see any evidence of it being a Vita game.

I just noticed the icon as well. Should have known better :p

Toppot

I also don't get why everyone is juming to PS3 conclusions. PS4 will still use PSN so why wouldn't someone on a PS3 be able to see what PS4 game a friend might be playing?

Oh I would as well, any day, but only if it's from the main Cali team. The NC R&C games have not been impressive, A41 and FFA did nothing for me. I get the feeling that the main R&C team that did ToD and ACiT are working on Sunset Overdrive though.

Agreed. The last two have sucked. And with this being a ps3 game i doubt its the main team. How many teams does insomniac have? Who made fuse?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus will be the first PS3/PS4/Vita crossplay game. You heard it here first. Haha

I also don't get why everyone is juming to PS3 conclusions. PS4 will still use PSN so why wouldn't someone on a PS3 be able to see what PS4 game a friend might be playing?
Because as of now the PS3 firmware has still not been updated to allow us to see Vita players online. So why would we be able to see PS4 players at the moment?

Only Vita players can see PS3 players online.

Mik_Pad

Banned
I'm not familiar with Insomniac's internal development structure but I tought the Resistance leads were behind Sunset Overdrive are they the same as R&C?

8byte

Banned
Yeah and GAF is a single person with the same hivemind opinion.

I have no confidence in their work anymore if this even is a ratchet and clank game. The last game I truly enjoyed from them was Resistance 3. Their past efforts for the past 2 years have been steaming piles of shit. Especially with how they claim no responsibility in the supervision of Idol Minds and Tin Giant's half assed ports.

BO0tzCcCMAE7V0-.png

This was posted on twitter as well. Don't know the source though.

That's not being played on Vita, it's being played on a console. If it were vita the icon next to the game would look different, FYI.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Main R&C for Ps4 pls

Salaadin

PS3 users can't see vita users so I'm thinking they can't see ps4 users either. Vita can see ps3 though

VanWinkle

This would be astonishingly disappointing if it was PS3.

People can't see what their friends are playing on Vita from the PS3. (You CAN, however, see what people are playing on PS3 from the Vita.)

OH GOD PLEASE BE TRADITIONAL RATCHET.

No shit especially if Jak and Daxter are along for the ride. I also predicted/wished for a new Jak and Daxter 2D platformer in the PS4 E3 presentation thread but a Ratchet one would be equally awesome. I would love to see a new 2D Platformer built from the ground up for PS4 and no Oddworld doesn't count.

Jonboy

Good catch. I'd still be interested but am still rooting for a PS4 version.
I'm with ya. Hope it's PS4. I'm already ticked that GT is PS3. Think how STACKED the launch would be if Sony had Ratchet and GT plus Killzone, Knack, DriveClub then followed by InFamous in the new year.

jiggle

not announcing it at a big event seems like a good indication

like GT6

Plz let this be a real ratchet game

8byte

Banned

Most of the Resistance 3 team is working on Sunset Overdrive, actually.

Most of the mainline guys who worked on R&C for many many years LEFT the Cali Studio to work at the NC studio. In fact, it consists almost entirely of R&C veterans. But hey, I guess if you just want to shit on them every chance you get, you really don't need to have your facts straight ;)

It definitely resembles a Rift Gate from J&D.

That's a fanwank dream come true. Even if its not I am super excited if its a Ratchet PS4 game.

Hell at this point ill take another PS3 one as long as its a fully fledged A Crack in Time style adventure and not another experimental game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom