• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation's Chinese studio incubation project (China Hero Project) games shown

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
China Hero Project (@ChinaHeroPRJCT) is the incubation project initiated by SIE to help China local developers create good console games. Today they showed their progress on games being developed as part of the program. Hopefully this initiative will yields some interesting games in the coming years.

F.I.S.T.

ANNO: Mutationem

BOUNDARY

Evotinction 2020

Convallaria

In Nightmare

Last edited:
FIST up your ass, is what it means to suck China's cock.

Because a creative medium like video games can be driven by a checklist from a Totalitarian regime. /s

Nooo, why did you add the second part, it was much funnier when it was just the first sentence.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
FIST up your ass, is what it means to suck China's cock.

Because a creative medium like video games can be driven by a checklist from a Totalitarian regime. /s

From my experience with Chinese devs, they really don't care all that much about politics, at least the indies, and these are all indies. As a matter of fact, it's their way to have some freedom of expression.

No infos of Lost Soul Aside again FFS

Besides that it's still in development. It takes time to build a game and studio from zero.

Last edited:

Drewpee

Banned
From my experience with Chinese devs, they really don't care all that much about politics, at least the indies, and these are all indies. As a matter of fact, it's their way to have some freedom of expression.

Besides that it's still in development. It takes time to build a game and studio from zero.

I think the concern is that it doesn't matter if they don't care about politics, they live in a society that is dominated by their government and that government has no issue with massive censorship of anything they don't like.

Of course America is not much better, we just censor eachother (cancel culture) for the government instead of forcing the government to do it themselves.

Last edited:

JCK75

My wife is Chinese and it blows my mind there are game studios forming there.
1) The culture is very anti video game, my in laws there are disgusted that I let my son play video games and my wife freaks out if I let him play more than 30 minutes a day.
2) they are against everything great in modern video games.. Horror games are flat out a no go.. they believe if you watch horror movies or anything supernatural you are inviting evil spirits into your home. And violence with guns+blood is an absolute nope.

My brother in law there would use a VPN to play games on Steam, and he passed away very young (I'd say he was in his late 40's) and the entire family blames his gaming habit.

I remember back in 2007-2008 when I spent months there how taken aback I was that I never saw anybody with handheld games on the go, in the US it was Nintendo DS everywhere at the time. Now Hong Kong was a different story (actually had never seen an EA Games store before I went there anywhere)

Last edited:

Rickyiez

I hope the dev behind these awesome games get the recognitions they much deserved. There are many quality outputs like Bright Memory and Gu Jian, also the upcoming Wukong games looks amazing.

I'm even enjoying Genshin way more than recent Tales of titles not Vesperia. I also rather playing it than pos generic Marcel Avengers

Last edited:

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I hope the dev behind these awesome games get the recognitions they much deserved. There are many quality outputs like Bright Memory and Gu Jian, also the upcoming Wukong games looks amazing. I'm even enjoying Genshin way more than recent Tales of titles not Vesperia
Yeah I just started playing Genshin last night, I was amazed at the quality for a F2P game, not got far enough in to see if the gacha mechanics get annoying.

I image in 10 years (Governments permitting) China will be a force in game dev, if for no other reason that their studios will be learning from all the outsourcing the west is throwing at them and will have lots of workforce they can throw at games.

First game gives some strong Strider Remake vibes. 3rd one has me legit interested to see more. Need to watch the others at some point.

Hopefully the CCP is as far removed from these games and their devs as humanly possible.

MastaKiiLA

Some interesting titles there. Happy to see Chinese indies getting a chance at big platforms. The xenophobia in this thread is pointless.

FIST, Boundary, and Convallaria are most-intriguing IMO. I'd like to see more of those 3. All 3 could do with a next-gen facelift though. Still, it bodes well for Chinese games going forward. Sony's always done a good job fostering indie developers.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
The one game im highly interested in is of course, the one game that isn't shown and has been silent for two years. That being Lost Soul Aside. At this point, im hoping it's a cross-gen or next gen only title. Either way is fine by me as my PS4 Pro will be gone within the next few weeks.

I think the concern is that it doesn't matter if they don't care about politics, they live in a society that is dominated by their government and that government has no issue with massive censorship of anything they don't like.

Of course America is not much better, we just censor eachother (cancel culture) for the government instead of forcing the government to do it themselves.
America isn't much better than China? Are you having a laugh or being serious?

Convallaria is looking great. FIST is looking great. Boundary is looking great. Even In Nightmare is looking good.

When are these games coming out? are they coming to the West?

If Sony has these games exclusive to their platform then they're making little effort to truly market them. Influencers are king these days.... put them out there. Their new marketing team is crap tbh. You can only hide behind COVID for so much.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
None of these look particularly interesting to me.They don't look bad but they don't look great either. I would have expected more unique ideas and concepts from indie studios.

Top Bottom