• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playtonix Community Manager hates white men

mansoor1980

Gold Member
white dude hates.......................white people?

black-guy-computing-math-problems-meme-2c5lnayon9zp52ts.gif

MiguelItUp

I really don't understand how these people are in the positions there in. Especially anything Community related. Then to have the audacity to say the most insane and surreal shit on their social accounts. Sure, "Whatever I say here is my opinion and mine alone" or whatever, but when ANYONE can look at that.... Wtf?!

Then for their places of employment to just turn a shoulder to it. Especially when it's over and over again. It's genuinely wild to me.

Bridges

I think there is a certain type of person who becomes a community manager/social media person. To "be good at" or interested in a job like this, you're probably more likely to be terminally online, and if you're terminally online you're much more likely to be into all this anti-white, DEI box-checking stuff.

badblue

GKVqnyKakAEdP2q

First off that's a First World Problem, not white privilege.

Second, being annoyed that the water you want to drink isn't the optimal temp is something universal IMO. People's of any skin color, gender/sex can experience that disappointment too.

Third, take your own advice and shut the fuck up.
GKVqkNEaMAAxv88

This really seems like projection on his part.

I don't know this guy, but from the profile picture he looks like a white man, did he realize that?

I avoid at all cost from people without self-consciousness and self-esteem.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Not seeing what the title says in those two tiny potentially out of context posts. You can recognize privilege without hating.

Is it hating if some Japanese person says gaijins don't have the same privileges as natives who are preferred professionally/socially and it (generally) takes more effort and time for them to be accepted?

Whether right or wrong, agree or disagree, it's just an opinion.

So much for not having a politics board. Don't let any of this stop your cancel attempt (bu buh cancel culture is so bad but why this guy has a job, so outrageous, let's make some noise about it my bros).

Last edited:
white dude hates.......................white people?
he hates himself ?

Every race has self-hating ones. I’ve never fully understood it myself, but the biggest issue I’ve noticed with heavy bias or race-hating is that those types either haven’t met enough people or haven’t traveled enough, so they feel the small bubble they know is exactly how everything is.

It’s a little sad when you think about it.

Last edited:

Kacho

I really don't understand how these people are in the positions there in. Especially anything Community related. Then to have the audacity to say the most insane and surreal shit on their social accounts. Sure, "Whatever I say here is my opinion and mine alone" or whatever, but when ANYONE can look at that.... Wtf?!

Then for their places of employment to just turn a shoulder to it. Especially when it's over and over again. It's genuinely wild to me.
100%

It’s counter productive to what they’re supposed to be doing in their role. If your community manager is a lightning rod for controversy then that’s bad for business.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
it's always hilarious when their projection is more offensive than whatever they're railing against, because they're blinded by their own bubble. hey dipshit, that gross, warped thing you worked yourself up over is your own refection.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

EDIT- Playtonic, not Playtonix DOH!!!!

These companies just won't learn hiring these racist pieces of garbage

community managers think they are something hey.

there's some actual scientific lesson to be learnt from the type of person who becomes a community manager it seems. It's like a power complex or something

also I like the yookalaylee games and the OG playtonic team, fuck this cunt from making me put the studio on my blacklist now.

Last edited:

iamvin22

Industry Verified
I never understood the role of this position. Just give the position to a lead qa. It's already part of their job.

So much for not having a politics board. Don't let any of this stop your cancel attempt (bu buh cancel culture is so bad but why this guy has a job, so outrageous, let's make some noise about it my bros).
I agree, but it’s gets OPs clicks and engagement 🤷‍♂️

We just have to wait out the current arc on GAF until people get tired of the politics.

MiguelItUp

100%

It’s counter productive to what they’re supposed to be doing in their role. If your community manager is a lightning rod for controversy then that’s bad for business.
Exactly. I've worked in multiple Community roles over the years, and I've worked with a number of Community vets. None of them shared these kind of perspectives or opinions. Nor were they extremely vocal about personal opinions and things they SHOULDN'T be vocal about.

In one of the experiences I remember someone (that probably would've gone down a road similar to this guy) wanted to transfer to Community, but it was never okay'd. Gee, I wonder why? Lol.

I never understood the role of this position. Just give the position to a lead qa. It's already part of their job.
Nah, not at all. As someone that has had several years of experience in both departments, I knew plenty of folks in QA that wouldn't know what to do in a CM role. Or hell, vice versa, lol.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
GKVqnyKakAEdP2q

First off that's a First World Problem, not white privilege.

Second, being annoyed that the water you want to drink isn't the optimal temp is something universal IMO. People's of any skin color, gender/sex can experience that disappointment too.

Third, take your own advice and shut the fuck up.
GKVqkNEaMAAxv88

This really seems like projection on his part.
What is wrong with these people. 3 hearts? No hearts?

Top Bottom