• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playtonix Community Manager hates white men

Kacho

What is wrong with these people. 3 hearts? No hearts?

Literally
Jim Carrey What GIF

Cattlyst

That tweet about white guys shutting up isn't even his own thought - it's looks like a riff on a Bo Burnham lyric:

American white guys
We've had the floor for at least four-hundred years
So maybe I should just shut the fuck up

From the awesome track 'Comedy'

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Low and behold this moron is………a self hating WHITE MAN. These people are so sick in the head they don’t even realize it themselves.
Reminds me of the Chapelle skit where he was a blind black guy raised by the KKK and didn’t realize he was black. Except in this douchers case, “blind” is a metaphor for not blind, and just stupid, lol

Last edited:
Ya know, white guilt or constant "victimhood" from pretty much every branch of homo-sapiens these days is just so off base if you live in the modern society. If you live in a country where you have running water and electricity with a roof over your head, you're doing better than a large number of the world. And if you have the luxury to be complaining about things on Twitter, you're doing even better than most of the world. As most people with real problems don't sit around and commiserate on their problems, they're too busy trying to survive.

A person born in America/UK/etc. even on the lowest rung of the financial ladder is still doing better than most of the humans that have ever existed in the world regardless of race/religion or creed. People need to contextualize what is happening realistically and focus on bettering themselves rather than superfluous plights that will do nothing other than making them feel morally superior. It's a giant waste of time.

Go to a 3rd world country and meet/talk with those people and then come tell me how horrible your life is and how badly white folk are ruining things. Some of these people are so insulated that they don't even know why they are mad, just that they want to be mad at something because they couldn't put in the bare minimum effort into their life and have it all.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
Who? I mean, he has a point, I am a white male and I hate myself too sometimes but again, I ask who? Maybe he should spend more time building a community to let people know about their games.

Guarantee he is a user on Era :)
More than likely he is. His multi colored haired weirdo friends on there propably patted him on the back so much it made him soil his pants. That dopamine effect is what he craved while looking so progressive to his fellow twats. Meanwhile he sips on his Starbucks soy based beverage thinking up his next twisted proclamation he will enveil online to try and make himself more relevant to other idiots like himself who think the same way. These people are so fucked up and are all just part of the forced group think sheep that look to express cultural outrage. Good they are being exposed and all need to piss off and lose their jobs and any credibility they thought they had.

Last edited:

saintjules

white dude hates.......................white people?

black-guy-computing-math-problems-meme-2c5lnayon9zp52ts.gif

Every race has self-hating ones. I’ve never fully understood it myself, but the biggest issue I’ve noticed with heavy bias or race-hating is that those types either haven’t met enough people or haven’t traveled enough, so they feel the small bubble they know is exactly how everything is.

It’s a little sad when you think about it.

I'm Black. Back in the 9th grade I met a Black Student where he hated other Black People. Found it odd

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I just watched it after I posted…hilarious. Man, was the world a different place then, people were so much less sensitive. wtf happened?
People are numbnuts. And nothing says numbnut more than trying to spread their silly or boring views on others.

Old episodes of Three's company made fun of Jack being gay as a plotline (he wasnt) with Mr Roper and Mr Furley ragging on him wearing dresses, going out with guys and doing tinkerbell quips. Hilarious. Constant sexual innuendo and pervy characters like Dean Travers.

This stuff would be banned in modern day treating everyone like sissies.

Start at 19:40

Last edited:

Stuart360

The fridge thing is just silly because not only do most races and creeds have a fridge, but he's basiclaly saying only white poeple can have 'first world problems', which is stupid.
By the way, i'm white and actually DONT have a fridge, due to recently moving into a council property and council properties are basically empty shells and my old fridge belonged to my landlord. Just a bit ironic lol.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I really don't understand how these people are in the positions there in. Especially anything Community related. Then to have the audacity to say the most insane and surreal shit on their social accounts. Sure, "Whatever I say here is my opinion and mine alone" or whatever, but when ANYONE can look at that.... Wtf?!

Then for their places of employment to just turn a shoulder to it. Especially when it's over and over again. It's genuinely wild to me.
Say awful and racist things and they keep their job. Say you are excited for Hogwarts Legacy and follow Libs of Tiktok? Lose your job.

Complistic

I mean, it's OK for them to employ this person. Just like it's OK for me not to buy anything they're involved in making.

Last edited:
I'm Black. Back in the 9th grade I met a Black Student where he hated other Black People. Found it odd
I try to be understanding as to how it happens. In a school setting it can happen for multiple reasons (at school or home) where it's a culmination of bad experiences. A brain that young would just associate it all with any common factors they could find and it will stick for years and years. For some reason there's always a higher percent chance that people point to race first.

It doesn't help when older figures, media, and news outlets will reinforce them with strong opinion pieces or constant negative news about certain areas. It's why I consider overall diversity and representation to be a good thing even if it has some rough edges to it, because it's refreshing to see unique things like Asian American experiences, for example, rather than just the most typical/stereotypical old cultural east asian experiences.

It's also why, and I'm being somewhat bold when I say this, I'm waiting for more diverse business owners and higher income areas to become more diverse, because then I think things could finally flip from 'race vs race' to 'everyone vs ultra rich'. Everyone's stomping on caucasian people online because at the top of the totem pole they're still a majority, but the problem is that the entire totem pole itself is being stomped on.

Elginer

What the hell is it with this generation hating themselves? That’s not healthy man. Like what the hell is wrong with these people and then acting so snobby.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I try to be understanding as to how it happens. In a school setting it can happen for multiple reasons (at school or home) where it's a culmination of bad experiences. A brain that young would just associate it all with any common factors they could find and it will stick for years and years. For some reason there's always a higher percent chance that people point to race first.

It doesn't help when older figures, media, and news outlets will reinforce them with strong opinion pieces or constant negative news about certain areas. It's why I consider overall diversity and representation to be a good thing even if it has some rough edges to it, because it's refreshing to see unique things like Asian American experiences, for example, rather than just the most typical/stereotypical old cultural east asian experiences.

It's also why, and I'm being somewhat bold when I say this, I'm waiting for more diverse business owners and higher income areas to become more diverse, because then I think things could finally flip from 'race vs race' to 'everyone vs ultra rich'. Everyone's stomping on caucasian people online because at the top of the totem pole they're still a majority, but the problem is that the entire totem pole itself is being stomped on.
A predominately white country will always have predominately white rich people. That won’t ever change.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Exactly. I've worked in multiple Community roles over the years, and I've worked with a number of Community vets. None of them shared these kind of perspectives or opinions. Nor were they extremely vocal about personal opinions and things they SHOULDN'T be vocal about.

In one of the experiences I remember someone (that probably would've gone down a road similar to this guy) wanted to transfer to Community, but it was never okay'd. Gee, I wonder why? Lol.

Nah, not at all. As someone that has had several years of experience in both departments, I knew plenty of folks in QA that wouldn't know what to do in a CM role. Or hell, vice versa, lol.
Guess our studios operated differently then. At the time where I was working leads had to be available during all dev updates, milestones and 3rd party compliance cert.

Guess it's just different times now.

MiguelItUp

Guess our studios operated differently then. At the time where I was working leads had to be available during all dev updates, milestones and 3rd party compliance cert.

Guess it's just different times now.
Oh no, that's totally accurate. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding, haha. I thought you were referring to the "managing social media, outward engagement, etc." part of Community, lol. I said what I said because I knew too many folks in QA that wanted to be in Community, and honestly it wouldn't have worked well for them.

A predominately white country will always have predominately white rich people. That won’t ever change.
You're technically right. The same goes for asian countries and rich asians, so I guess it depends on where you live. I guess I'm thinking more in terms of melting pot countries, who tend to hold some larger power than other ones.

Screen-Shot-2013-05-07-at-7.33.46-PM.png

Top Bottom