• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Please help me find an Xbox -> PS2 Controller adapter

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I'm currently playing quite a lot of old games, mostly platformers that I have missed in the past, among them quite a few PS1/2 games, for now Crash Bandicoot 2 & 3, Donald Duck Quack Attack and Kya Dark Legacy. However, I'm really bad at dealing with the stick placement of Dual Shock controllers which is a pain in the ass with platformers in particular. Jak & Daxter, for instance, was really hard for me to play. Therefore I wanted to get an Xbox- (or GameCube-) style controller, however there does not seem to exist any. Then I tried getting a converter that allows to use GameCube or Xbox controllers on PS2, but it seems there never was one produced for GameCube controllers and I can only find a single product that does this for Xbox controllers, Mayflash's XP Joy Box:
xp-joybox-1x-xbox1-controller-zu-playstation2.jpg

However, I cannot find a place that's still selling them, neither via google, nor on eBay or Amazon. I've also written to Mayflash, but they don't have any leftover stock of this adapter. Therefore I hope that someone here on NeoGAF maybe knows a place where you can still get them, has one he'd like to sell to me, or knows the name of another adapter that I might find more easily. Of course, GameCube->PS2 adapters or a native controller that has the left stick in the dpad's position would be a great alternative, too.

It would really be great if some of you could help me here :).

Top Bottom