• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Please Nintendo, patch Yoshi's New Island's music... :(

ameleco

Game isn't bad, though. With a good soundtrack it would probably feel a lot better.

Oh it isn't too bad and a huge step up from Topsy Turvy, but it still is lacking compared to Nintendo's own efforts... unfortunately. You are definitely right though. With a good soundtrack, it would be a billion times better.

The main problem with Excite Truck OST is that most of the songs are a bit too similar. But I think overall they are cool and fitting for the game.

Yoshi's New Island has a great soundtrack. You can cherrypick the one of the two terrible pieces in the game (like what was done on the first page) but that's not indicative of the soundtrack as a whole. It's actually quite well done.

Every single track is the same but remixed. This is terrible
250px-Super_Mario_World_Coverart.png

250px-Yoshi%27s_Story.jpg

SCReuter

I'm much happier just pretending this new Yoshi's Island game doesn't exist. If Nintendo doesn't respect their franchises enough to give them a full effort, I'm certainly not giving them my money.

Aww, I'm glad the game exists. It's one of my favorite 3DS titles. Arzest, EAD, and the four or five people from Artoons who previously worked on YIDS -- they all did a fine job.

SCReuter

Some of the defending of YIDS and YNI in this thread makes me laugh. Lowered expectations for real. YI is an absolute masterpiece and in my top 3 favorite games of all time, these farmed out garbage sequels are an affront to the series. Nintendo should be ashamed to release these games.

The defense of "well they're not THAT bad" is shameful, they don't have one ounce of the the greatness of the original YI.

But that wouldn't be my defense. I genuinely believe Yoshi's New Island is GOOD. It has a charming art style and quirky, melodic soundtrack. And the gameplay is basically a more relaxing version of the SNES original. The whole package has a gentle, easygoing, vacation feel to it.

Edit: ♪♫♪

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Twilight Princess mostly works. The OST as whole doesn't feel as fresh or varied against Ocarina though.

also I miss adult Yoshi
Twilight Princess has an extremely varied soundtrack. The main theme shows up a lot (overworld, ending, boss fights, some cut scenes, etc). But I wouldn't compare it to Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's New Island, or Super Mario World - it's not a really good comparison at all.

As for Ocarina of Time, I think it may sound more varied to you because there was no core theme that showed up over and over again - except for perhaps "Princess Zelda's Theme" - but who is going to argue against that? lol

And again, you guys aren't giving Yoshi's New Island a chance - the soundtrack is great. Don't judge it from that one cringe-inducing song!

clav

Just watch the last boss + ending video if you really don't want to buy this game.

What a piece of poo.

Why did you ruin my childhood Nintendo?

Sciz

And again, you guys aren't giving Yoshi's New Island a chance - the soundtrack is great. Don't judge it from that one cringe-inducing song!

The disco mix is pretty sweet, and I remember liking one other one from when I listened through it. But that's two out of two dozen or so, and the rest are bland, bland, bland.

Just watch the last boss + ending video if you really don't want to buy this game.

What a piece of poo.

Why did you ruin my childhood Nintendo?

The final boss + ending is just SO lame compared to the original it's ridiculous.

I actually prefer Yoshi's Island DS that takes the final boss in a different direction...trying to half-ass such an epic event just leaves me annoyed.

koopas

Yoshi's New Island has a great soundtrack. You can cherrypick the one of the two terrible pieces in the game (like what was done on the first page) but that's not indicative of the soundtrack as a whole. It's actually quite well done.

250px-Super_Mario_World_Coverart.png

250px-Yoshi%27s_Story.jpg
I agree. I actually loved the game and enjoyed the music. Especially 5-1

Dr. Buni

Seriously, the music is fucking garbage, Solid game otherwise.
If the game has garbage music, it is not a solid game. It is a bad game. Music is an essential aspect of a game.

Nintendo should have reused the music of the original game. It is better than reuse something good than use something new and bad.

georly

If the game has garbage music, it is not a solid game. It is a bad game. Music is an essential aspect of a game.

Nintendo should have reused the music of the original game. It is better than reuse something good than use something new and bad.

That's somewhat of a subjective opinion. Can a deaf person not enjoy a game as much as me, if not more, then?

Het_Nkik

Like, 90% of the games I play I don't even remember the music 'cause it's just mediocre background noise. Does that mean all those games are mediocre?

What if I went into a thread and said, "If a game has a garbage story, it's not a solid game. It is a bad game. Story is an essential aspect of a game."

You can't just blanket statement shit like that. (Also if those were my sentiments, there'd only be like 10 good games.)

Darktalon

Mega necro bump. There is finally a solution to this problem.

Check out

If you have Luma 3DS installed, you can use this patch.

Neo_GAF

Banned
i also have to say, the music in yoshis island ds was the down turner which i stopped playing this game. what an annoying OST.

Top Bottom