• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Please Nintendo, patch Yoshi's New Island's music... :(

Havel

I swear to god, I genuinely like this. I really like this.

image.php

Zee-Row

Banned
What? Have you listened to any of the Mario Kart 8 music?

Not yet , I'm just going by New Super Mario Bros U , Super Mario 3D world and Donkey Kong Country jungle Freeze which is what i've recently played. Fun games but the music in those games don't do it for me.

Zee-Row

Banned
Wat... Jungle Freeze has one of the best soundtracks in a (Nintendo) game in years.

I'm sure people like it , I just don't. Honestly I don't like game music in general today , nothing is humable like it was in the 8-bit , 16-bit and 32-bit eras. Game music today reminds me too much of Hollywood productions.

I am left very, very confused that Artoon and their remnant studio have been given the Yoshi series for years. Nothing they've farted out is in the same atmosphere as the original Yoshi's Island.

And that "music". Some of the worst ever in a Nintendo game.

Very disappointed in Takashi Tezuka's "producing" this game.

I just can't believe he in good conscience approved such fucking terrible music. Like really, I've been playing Nintendo games for decades and Yoshi's New Island really is one of their worst 1st-party soundtracks.

Anth0ny

Nocturne is probably the greatest gaming music atrocity ever committed. Central City is a terrible remix of Diamond Dust. Nocturne is a complete desecration of one of the best pieces of Sonic music and one of the best boss themes ever.

Pretty much how I feel.

The worst of Yoshi's New Island, or even the stuff like that drunk clown music from Resident Evil, will never hold a candle to Nocturne. That shit is destroying a classic. The Sonic 3 final boss music is the greatest final boss music in video games.

Foffy

Banned
Very disappointed in Takashi Tezuka's "producing" this game.

I just can't believe he in good conscience approved such fucking terrible music. Like really, I've been playing Nintendo games for decades and Yoshi's New Island really is one of their worst 1st-party soundtracks.

It's not the music. It's the fact he's ruined the Yoshi series since the first Island game. I'm sure it was on his efforts that people like Artoon even got a crack at this series.

If we're talking music, he's also been involved with the NSMB series, which happens to have some of the worst music for the Mario series...

It's a recurring musical motif. Super Mario 64, the New Super Mario Bros. games, and Super Mario 3D Land did the same.
This comparison doesn't seem equivalent at all, though. Every single stage song in Super Mario 64 was not based around the exact same chords or motif, and those that did made it varied enough that they sound like completely different and unique songs.

In NYI, though, it feels like you've already heard the same song a thousand times already as the same weak motif conspicuously makes itself known in nearly every song, doing little to create anything interesting with it. After a while, it sticks out like a sore thumb and bothers you.

Sonic Rush music was very good actually... weird.

Oh thank God! I am listening to Sonic Rush OST right now, looking if something was off, lol

I edited my post to fix that.

Yoshi's New Island OST is like if you had an orchestra made up of people like this guy, minus the fact that he does this as a joke.
If you're on a time crunch, skip to the 3 minute mark, but otherwise, the buildup makes it all the funnier.

Oh my God. I skipped over this game, mostly due the presentation, but I had no idea the music was this bad. The Yoshi Clan song sounds like a Tim and Eric joke.

Toxi

Banned
I don't get why people are comparing Yoshi Clan to RE Director's Cut Basement. I can actually listen to the Basement theme.

Yet it manages to fit into a soundtrack with gems like Mangrove Cove, the first level in the game, a song I can easily hum along to.

I dunno, I don't think it's changed drastically at all.

Well, Mangrove Cove is nothing really special and confirms his statement, but the underwater version of that is just amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE1HftNpDAw Along with many, many others of course, the soundtrack was just outstanding.

ameleco

Definitely one of the worst soundtracks in recent memory and probably is up there for worst of all time. Maybe top 10?

Top Bottom