• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Point n' Click adventure games with non-linear story and choices, do they exist?

I just finished playing Deponia complete, my first foray into aventure since two decades or so.

I was wondering if there are adventure games that have multiple solutions to puzzles,
or have a branching storyline with choice and consequences.
Something like RPG meets adventure game.

Did someone make such a game (yet?)

Nete

BladeRunner_PC_Game_%28Front_Cover%29.jpg

Shame it's not available anywhere.

inm8num2

QfG was also the first thing that sprang to mind. Not sure if many games fit the bill of the OP, though the Tex Murphy games (Under a Killing Moon, The Pandora Directive, Overseer, Tesla Effect) regard me as having meaningful choices. IIRC The Pandora Directive has branched storytelling, and some puzzles appear only on certain paths. Tesla Effect also did this.

I'd also recommend asking in the PnC thread, as your question might get a bit more traffic in there from people who may miss this thread.

Boem

The Last Express has multiple endings and is also played in real time.

lastexpress_c.jpg

Wanted to post this. Really one of the best adventure games ever. Made by the guy who made the original prince of persia and sands of time, but this is his best work by far. This game is still mindblowing to me.

lastexpress_shot2.jpg

They recently put an updated version on iOS and Steam that's pretty cheap.

SparkTR

That was pretty much the whole idea behind the Bladerunner game. It didn't work out as impressively as it was promised, but it's definitely interesting having a more 'living' PnC Adventure game.

Bookman

Kyrandia 3 (?) Long time since I played it but there Was several solutions to puzzels. Was there any choises, i remember the good and bad meter ?

ramine

Unconfirmed Member
You should try I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream. It's on Steam. There are many characters you can play in any order.

Arulan

That was pretty much the whole idea behind the Bladerunner game. It didn't work out as impressively as it was promised, but it's definitely interesting having a more 'living' PnC Adventure game.

I played through it for the first time last year and thought it was great.
How they managed to randomize who is a replicant and other story elements was certainly very interesting.

Top Bottom