• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOGB

Banned
Wiseblade said:
That code's been out for over six months. Anything hidden was discovered a while back.
That doesn't mean I can't still dream

789shadow said:
Honestly, Kyurem, no joke, looks like a horse penis.
I'll add that to the list after "rubber chicken with a butt plug for a tail" and "rubber chicken with that thing they put in pizza boxes for a tail"
and not ask you how you know what a horse penis looks like

Izayoi

Banned
Watch Da Birdie said:
Oh, another mystery is the Underwater Ruins...I found a translation of the symbols in the Japanese version...

King defeated ③ alone.
④ joined King in a day.
King called ⑤ beings.
King is hope and future.
The great King ⑥.

The little numbers-in-circles are untranslatable and believed to be in reference to Pokemon, probably Legendaries.

It reminds me of those weird library books in DPt which mentions marrying Pokemon and shit.
That's the most interesting part, I think.

We know the story of the Sinnoh, Hoenn, and Johto/Kanto legendaries.

Now we just need to figure out who those Pokemon are and we can get a better idea of how lore in Unova fits together.

Crunched said:
What's the point of the house above the puddles in Iccirus? You can't even get inside it. The one under the bridge.
You can in the Winter, and there is very nice surprise that I won't spoil inside.

Teknoman

Busaiku said:
Black and White aren't colors!

tumblr_krejdhYBlu1qztrt9o1_400.jpg

Posted%20Image.png

Roto13

Zzoram said:
Which fossil should I get? Anyone here want to trade unevolved fossil Pokemon for the Pokedex entries?
Whichever fossil you get, it's really easy to breed and trade the babies for the other fossil pokemon.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I just got into two consecutive battles on the same tile of grass without moving or turning.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Izayoi said:
Archeops > *

I don't like Archeops' design (although I do like Archen's), but it has kickass typing (which is flying), so I chose that.

Gotta make some babies so I can get the turtle too.

TheOGB

Banned
Wiseblade said:
Wow, this thread moves FAST at night.
Moves fast pretty much all the time.

And speaking of Archeops, why does it have a snake's head? Unless that's part of the reference [to its real-world counterpart] or whatever.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just saw this on Bulbapedia...simply a recolor, the sprite is the same as in-game bar that...

nJAB6.png

I never really noticed that the big gear had eyes and a mouth till just now. 0.o

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Archeops is a beast in-game. Arcobatics+140 base attack, and pretty much out speeding everything so you're not worry about his ability activating. So good.

789shadow

Banned
EvilMario said:
Archeops is a beast in-game. Arcobatics+140 base attack, and pretty much out speeding everything so you're not worry about his ability activating. So good.
Can you even call it an "ability"? :p

Fuck how do you make Pokémon happy in these games?

I've leveled up Swadloon & Woobat so much with a Soothe Bell attached and they still haven't evolved. FUCK YOU.

PokéGaf Ouendan!

Suairyu

Banned
Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck

(post-game)
Headed right from Nimbasa, to Route 15. Everyone is way higher level than me. What is the best first-point-of-call to do in the post-game? I seem to be jumping ahead of myself here.

The_Technomancer said:
Argh, screw the random encounters in this game. One step, random battle, two steps, random battle, one more step, random battle!!!
Better get to buying those Super Repels (best $/step value).
Suairyu said:
Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck

(post-game)
Headed right from Nimbasa, to Route 15. Everyone is way higher level than me. What is the best first-point-of-call to do in the post-game? I seem to be jumping ahead of myself here.

Nope, you're in the right place. Enjoy!

Don't worry, most of the trainers use sort of weak Pokémon, so leveling is 'easy'. Beware the others, though...they're out there.

Gravijah

So, the only way to get more people in Black City is to connect with other people, right? ...What if they don't have anyone in their towns, either?

TheOGB

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Argh, screw the random encounters in this game. One step, random battle, two steps, random battle, one more step, random battle!!!
That's really only happened to me in Chargestone Cave.

Fuck that place. Super Repel FTW.

Andrefpvs

I just started the post-game and boy did I laugh and cheer when
Looker reveals himself to his theme music
!

I think I'm gonna like the rest of this game.

Meier

So I'm trying to connect my old DS lite to my DSi to trade Pokemon from Pearl but I can't seem to get them to connect via Infrared. Is that impossible?

I tried to trade my would be Gigalith for another via WFC but it didn't evolve..

DMG-01

Meier said:
So I'm trying to connect my old DS lite to my DSi to trade Pokemon from Pearl but I can't seem to get them to connect via Infrared. Is that impossible?
Yeah, only HGSS/BW carts have infrared in them.

Ravidrath

"Gray" is the way you spell it in the US, "grey" is how you spell it in the UK. Being American, I think "Grey" is clearly the superior and less plebe-y spelling - not only is it their language, "gray" is clearly, like... redneck phonetic spelling.

But it doesn't matter, because it will be called "Pokemon Infinite Nothingness," in keeping with the Wuji concept and knowing that Masuda is just that deep.

Red

Izayoi said:
You can in the Winter, and there is very nice surprise that I won't spoil inside.
Are you talking about
the Team Rocket guy?
I'm talking about a different house, farther north. I put forward my clock to winter and it still wasn't open.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Obsessed said:
Loving Joltik. The little bugger is just wrecking everything
at the Flying gym despite being several levels lower

Erm, duh? Type advantage and all.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I'm thinking of picking up the collectors edition strategy guide, looks nice. But I want to know if there will be a collectors guide for volume 2. Anyone know?

Magnus

RAAAAAAGE

Shit-eating Thundurus! Asleep and False-swiped to 1 health, still annihilating every ball thrown at him.

edit

Aaand just as I post, not only do I catch it, but with the so-called crit catch (one wobble and click). YUS

Ultra ball no less

Teknoman

TheOGB said:
Moves fast pretty much all the time.

And speaking of Archeops, why does it have a snake's head? Unless that's part of the reference [to its real-world counterpart] or whatever.

Probably just trying to mix a little realism in.

Meier

DMG-01 said:
Yeah, only HGSS/BW carts have infrared in them.
Ahh crap, the DS Lite doesn't have the wifi settings for my network either. Boo!

Turns out the guy traded me a Boldore with an Everstone. Who would do such a thing? :mad:

DrForester said:
So I'm thinking of picking up the collectors edition strategy guide, looks nice. But I want to know if there will be a collectors guide for volume 2. Anyone know?

Haven't heard anything about it. And probably there wouldn't be anyway, would be nice to get one though.

Articalys

Andrefpvs said:
I just started the post-game and boy did I laugh and cheer when
Looker reveals himself to his theme music
!

I think I'm gonna like the rest of this game.
yesssssssss

That was super awesome, mostly since I
really really enjoyed Platinum. I love the old game cameos

Gravijah

Meier said:
Ahh crap, the DS Lite doesn't have the wifi settings for my network either. Boo!

Turns out the guy traded me a Boldore with an Everstone. Who would do such a thing? :mad:

Can't you directly trade over WiFi with your two DS systems? Edit: Oh yeah pearl duh, you have to go to the Poketransfer.

TheOGB

Banned
Meier said:

Ha, apparently that is the thing to put up on the GTS

Meier said:

You don't need to go online. Just go to route 15 and go to download play on the other DS with pearl in it.

Ravidrath

Meier said:

It's possible that he didn't realize it had an Everstone... I've caught a few that came holding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom