• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah, I really like the Shadow Triad...there's no lead-up at all to their appearance, and then they are never explained really.

Same with the two girls (the Goddesses of Peace and Love, I think the Japanese version calls them) who show up in the opening and the castle, and that's it.

There's some other odd stuff as well...like Kyurem. It's creepy when you reach the town near his cave and everyone tells you not go out at night because he'll eat you. :0

I just hope you get to battle the Sages in Version 3. I was disappointed that all they do is talk. Should've of used Pokemon that matched their color-based names. :p

Gravijah

i hate how it is not ever explained why the fuck
he is named N. MAYBE HE IS THE 14TH CLONE OF GHETSIS?!

Watch Da Birdie said:
Same with the two girls (the Goddesses of Peace and Love, I think the Japanese version calls them) who show up in the opening and the castle, and that's it.

I just hope you get to battle the Sages in Version 3. I was disappointed that all they do is talk. Should've of used Pokemon that matched their color-based names. :p[/spoiler]

Is there official art of those two? Their in game sprites are awesome. And yeah I hate how you
never fight the sages. I was waiting for epic music. When you go to hunt them down, I was disappointed ALL THEY DO IS TALK AND GIVE YOU A TM.

Andrex said:
Of course,
N is the only one who manages to actually earn and keep one of the legendaries (like the PC, unlike Red/Blue Orb fail). In fact, N isn't really the bad guy in this game, it's Ghetsis who is the failure here.

N does end up QQing a lot though :)

Watch Da Birdie

Gravijah said:

N = unknown variable used in mathematical formulas.

Also, no, unfortunately I have not seen any official art for the Shadow Triad or the girls. Nor the Sages.

TheOGB

Banned
Watch Da Birdie said:
THAT SHIT HAD ME FUCKIN RAGING

Glad to see they show up SOMEWHERE in-game though

EDIT:
Andrex said:
His last name is Harmonious
so it's a pun on enharmonics.
What is this, Crash Bandicoot?

Wiseblade

Gravijah said:

Is there official art of those two? Their in game sprites are awesome. And yeah I hate how you
never fight the sages. I was waiting for epic music. When you go to hunt them down, I was disappointed ALL THEY DO IS TALK AND GIVE YOU A TM.
I doubt it.
If Ghestis couldn't get the dragons to accept him. his clone probably wouldn't fare much better.

... although a partial clone with Pokémon DNA is possible.

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
Come on. We know it's not gonna be called Slate. :p
It won't be Grey either though.

And my friends constantly yell at me when I call it Grey so I've forced myself to start referring to it as both.

Gravijah

Izayoi said:
It won't be Grey either though.

And my friends constantly yell at me when I call it Grey so I've forced myself to start referring to it as both.

Why not though? It's Black and White. There's no reason for it not to be Grey (or Gray).

Gravijah said:
Cue epic revelation of name in Grey.

Of course, it will be obscured by the sound of a drop of water falling from the ceiling, therefore providing convenient sequel hook for more $$$.

Roto13

I know the story in this particular Pokemon game is a big more interesting than the ones in previous games, but you guys are looking for twists and depth where there aren't any.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Crystal/Platinum says hi.

Also it's Gray you plebes.

Crystal and Platinum at least make sense with respect to their prior games. Black and White are just "colors", unlike Gold and Silver, too.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Crystal and Platinum at least make sense with respect to their prior games. Black and White are just "colors", unlike Gold and Silver, too.

Who knows with Game Freak though. Who knows if there will even be a third version? ;)

Wiseblade said:
Red/Blue/Yellow

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Crystal/Platinum is just down to a lock of foresight.

And it's spelled "Grey" where i vcome from.

And that is plebe-land.

Watch Da Birdie

I remember in an interview, I think they mentioned that N's name would be revealed in Version 3, and there were hints to it in B/W. But I don't know if that was true, since Masuda has been closed-lipped on Version 3 in the interviews I've read, probably since he wants to play coy and pretend there won't be a definite version. :p

Oh, and someone mentioned this a few pages back, but the lady in the camper outside of Nimbassa freaked me out as well in the JP version, since I had no idea who she was and the music in those woods are creepy.

A lot of places in this game seem oddly empty, or seem like there'd be more to them...I've run into a few empty houses for example, and it really bugs me. But I guess those little mysteries is what I like about Pokemon games...sort of like the Truck and the Vermilion Machop in RBY, weird things that seem like they'd have more of purpose but don't.

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
Why not though? It's Black and White. There's no reason for it not to be Grey (or Gray).
Pokemon version names have never made sense in the past. Sometimes they match the theme, other times they don't. I guess if you consider that all odd generations (so far) have matched, there's a high probability of it being Grey, but we'll see.

Also, some Kyurem speculation:

It's mentioned that he is the shell left behind after the old dragon split into two separate forms - Zekrom and Reshiram. He represents the abscence of energy - Ice, while Zekrom and Reshiram are energy incarnate - Fire and Electric.

I have a feeling that we'll see the three rejoin in Grey and become the dragon of old. It will be like Altered Forme on steroids.

I have a feeling that we'll also see him do some serious damage to maybe one of cities or the region as a whole - in keeping with adding a large new area devoid of Pokemon similar to the Distortion World.

I'm very excited to see what direction Gamefreak takes this in.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Watch Da Birdie said:
I remember in an interview, I think they mentioned that N's name would be revealed in Version 3, and there were hints to it in B/W. But I don't know if that was true, since Masuda has been closed-lipped on Version 3 in the interviews I've read, probably since he wants to play coy and pretend there won't be a definite version. :p

Oh, and someone mentioned this a few pages back, but the lady in the camper outside of Nimbassa freaked me out as well in the JP version, since I had no idea who she was and the music in those woods are creepy.

A lot of places in this game seem oddly empty, or seem like there'd be more to them...I've run into a few empty houses for example, and it really bugs me. But I guess those little mysteries is what I like about Pokemon games...sort of like the Truck and the Vermilion Machop in RBY, weird things that seem like they'd have more of purpose but don't.

Like the building across from the gym in Castelia... WHAT IS THE DEAL

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Izayoi said:
Pokemon version names have never made sense in the past. Sometimes they match the theme, other times they don't. I guess if you consider that all odd generations (so far) have matched, there's a high probability of it being Grey, but we'll see.

It's mentioned that he is the shell left behind after the old dragon split into two separate forms - Zekrom and Reshiram. He represents the abscence of energy - Ice, while Zekrom and Reshiram are energy incarnate - Fire and Electric.

I have a feeling that we'll see the three rejoin in Grey and become the dragon of old. It will be like Altered Forme on steroids.

I have a feeling that we'll also see him do some serious damage to maybe one of cities or the region as a whole - in keeping with adding a large new area devoid of Pokemon similar to the Distortion World.

I'm very excited to see what direction Gamefreak takes this in.

I'm calling it:
at one point, he causes a part of Unova to become all black and white by subtracting the color/energy.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Ondore said:
1. Yes, it will hatch as a Snivy.

2. Egg groups determine who can breed with who. Serperior is in the Ground and Plant groups, so it can breed with any Pokemon in those groups.

3. You can rename the baby Pokemon or leave it as is.

4. The daycare gives experience at a rate of 1 exp = 1 step. This can cause you to level depending on how long you leave the Pokemon in the daycare.

PounchEnvy said:
Breeding with nicknames has no effect on the Pokemon from the egg.

There are certain egg groups that are compatible with each despite being different species. Serperior is in the Ground and Plant Egg Group so any Pokemon in those groups can breed with Serperior. Woobat and Scrafty are early Pokemon lines that can breed with Serperior as well as Petilil and Ferroseed.

Thanks for the answers. I will soon have a Snivy army!

Even though Snivy isn't that good.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Gravijah said:

And Grey will
revolve around Ghetsis & the Pokemon that Reshiram and Zekrom was before they split apart, which would be #650 in the Pokedex. It will be a pure Dragon type, with an ability that will increase Fire/Electric moves it uses by 50%. It'll be Rayquaza on crack.

At least, this will be the case in my dreams. So much more attractive than Kyurem being the obvious 3rd pillar.

Izayoi

Banned
As far as empty buildings go:

Lacunosa Town:
People snatched away by Kyurem.
P2 Laboratory:
The place where Genesect was created.

There are a few others but those don't have any explanation I can think of. Maybe places for the other two event Pokemon.

TheOGB

Banned
Izayoi said:

I've already heard this theory but goddamn at the thought of that...

EDIT: EVERY FREAKING TIME WITH YOU PEOPLE

BUT STILL HOLY SHIT THE POSSIBILITIEEEEEES

and mind blown from above post

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
EvilMario said:
And Grey will
revolve around Ghetsis & the Pokemon that Reshiram and Zekrom was before they split apart, which would be #650 in the Pokedex. It will be a pure Dragon type, with an ability that will increase Fire/Electric moves it uses by 50%. It'll be Rayquaza on crack.

At least, this will be the case in my dreams. So much more attractive than Kyurem being the obvious 3rd pillar.

They won't add another Pokemon to the Pokedex in the third version, it's not how things are done.

Kyurem will almost definitely get a kickass new form though, and you'll come crawling back to him. :p

Izayoi

Banned
Andrex said:
I'm calling it:
at one point, he causes a part of Unova to become all black and white by subtracting the color/energy.
That is a very likely possibility, especially seeing as the technology for it is already there and utilized during High Link missions.

EvilMario said:
And Grey will

While getting an entirely new Pokemon is unlikely, we will probably see an Altered Forme that is essentially the same thing you're talking about sans the additional Pokedex entry.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Andrex said:
They won't add another Pokemon to the Pokedex in the third version, it's not how things are done.

Kyurem will almost definitely get a kickass new form though, and you'll come crawling back to him. :p

Platinum added plenty of 'new' forms, so I guess that's more reasonable than a new number. Kyurem right now is so underwhelming.

I was really hoping Ice type would be upgraded this generation. It needs to RESIST Dragon, which would help put the overpowered Dragon type in check, and would help the worst defensive type in the game. Ice also needs a defensive boost from Hail as well, because Hail fell behind even Sunny Day teams this generation with Drought Ninetales (eventually) getting Drought.

Raxus

I think gray would revolve around a legendary Audino that does nothing but help you out as you beat it down you cruel bastards.

Wiseblade

Andrex said:
And that is plebe-land.
Then I guess we're all communitcating in pleb-lish. :p

Yeah, nothing's getting added to the 'dex. It just doesn't work that way. I doubt GF will even add any new forms, not after the the issues it caused with Diamond/Pearl.

Roto13

Watch Da Birdie said:

Some houses are empty because people go inside of them at night.

TheOGB

Banned
Andrex said:
Imagine the look on your face when, on the day the 3rd version is released (which was preprogrammed into the game and hidden deep within the code), you get a call from Juniper telling you your Pokedex had an update adding one more Pokemon to the list.

Raxus said:
I think gray would revolve around a legendary Audino that does nothing but help you out as you beat it down you cruel bastards.
Screw you and that comic for making me feel like such a terrible person :(

Watch Da Birdie

Oh, another mystery is the Underwater Ruins...I found a translation of the symbols in the Japanese version...

Listen to King's words.
Primes lead to truth.
King is brave.
King never loses hope.
King is kind.
King has a dream.
King is adventurous.
King accepts all.
King turns 2nd corner.
King turns 3rd corner.
King turns 5th corner.
King turns 7th corner.
Have the heart of King.
Here we praise King.
King's light shines.
King moves his people.
King acts with love.
King fought hatred.
No king gets lost.
Go on, brave king.

Life is gratitude.
Eating is receiving life.
Good or evil isn't all.
Do not be barbaric.
One must not waste.
All is precious.
Wars create tears.

King talks to all beings.
Saved all from waves.
King is hope for all.
Think act with love.

King defeated ③ alone.
④ joined King in a day.
King called ⑤ beings.
King is hope and future.
The great King ⑥.

The little numbers-in-circles are untranslatable and believed to be in reference to Pokemon, probably Legendaries.

It reminds me of those weird library books in DPt which mentions marrying Pokemon and shit.

Red

What's the point of the house above the puddles in Iccirus? You can't even get inside it. The one under the bridge.

Wiseblade

TheOGB said:
Imagine the look on your face when, on the day the 3rd version is released (which was preprogrammed into the game and hidden deep within the code), you get a call from Juniper telling you your Pokedex had an update adding one more Pokemon to the list.
That code's been out for over six months. Anything hidden was discovered a while back.

Busaiku

So I got a Hasty Kyurem.
Is that a good Nature for it?

It wasn't that difficult to get (it took 2 Dusk Balls), but I'm worried that another try won't be as easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom