• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Thanks for all the, err, thanks guys. I should have done this earlier in the week instead of doing other stuff... :p

Fantastic OP!

Haven’t played a Pokemon game since Pokemon Blue! I have very fond memories but:

How many Pokemon exist now? And how many are obtainable if I got Pokemon White?

Tricky I Shadow said:
Fantastic OP!

Haven’t played a Pokemon game since Pokemon Blue! I have very fond memories but:

How many Pokemon exist now? And how many are obtainable if I got Pokemon White?

649 Pokermen. And I don't know to the second part. All I can say is a lot.

Andrex said:
Thanks for all the, err, thanks guys. I should have done this earlier in the week instead of doing other stuff... :p

I'll maintain the Friend Code post this time. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26304578&postcount=39

Nice job Andrex!

Imported White last year at launch, and picking up Black in English on Sunday! :D

I may buy White in English later on the year, money & time permits. Remember, 3DS comes out this month too, so who knows about the future?

I'm going to use Snivy this time, last time I used Oshawott (Mijuuu~~)

Please remember to PM friend codes to me so I can add them to the list. Happy gaming! May the best generation live up to it's full potential. *thread bless*

mandiller

I'll be picking up Winning White on Thursday. I can't wait. It's time to delve back into the time consuming world of pokemon.

I cant belielve ir but I just ordered Balck. Which means I'm getting both of them since I had White order.

I really want to go all out and try to get everything. That includes the stars on the trainer card and you need entralink for one of them. With the different pokemon in each version and the fact that both versions are just 50 dollars on amazon I figured Wynaut.

Dang this + replaying the old games to catch them all is gonna take a loooongtime lol.

nubbe

Haven't played since Diamond/Pearl

I got White yesterday and the visuals make the game feel surprisingly fresh.

SlickVic

Great job on the OP. Can't wait to finally play this after all the hype building since the first announcement of B/W last Spring and the 4 year or so gap since the last new main series game. Feels like a very long wait but based on the impressions from the last OT, seems like game will be well worth it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Where there any OT's for any of the pre-Gen 4 Pokemon games? Cause all I can find are the ones for Diamond/Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver, and Black White (OT1, obviously.)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Wiseblade said:
Yeah, I guess this OP is pretty nice, or whatever. ¬.¬

Wiseblade said:
hmm...

*Rereads OT, sees "dedicated to Wiseblade"*

OK, we're cool.

wBWic.jpg

Gravijah

-shields eyes from most of OP- Should have my copies at 12AM Sunday. Won't be posting much (or at all )until after I finish the main story! See you guys then!

Chesskid1

Banned
The Xtransceiver is a Key Item and feature of the C-Gear that allows you to easily video chat with four people locally and two people online using any Nintendo DSi, Nintendo DSi XL, or Nintendo 3DS system.

am i reading this right? pokemon has online video conferencing? if so, wow!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
-shields eyes from most of OP- Should have my copies at 12AM Sunday. Won't be posting much (or at all )until after I finish the main story! See you guys then!

That was the worst part of doing the OT. I had to dive in deeply into the game before even getting it. :/ Oh well, I'm sure it'll still feel brand new when I get it.

xSL4INx

Ready to get my hands on the English copies tomorrow, kinda hoping one of the 3 local Gamestops will be doing a midnight release. I've been doing all the side stuff in my Japanese copy of White and have just been completing a checklist I made for post-game.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
That was the worst part of doing the OT. I had to dive in deeply into the game before even getting it. :/ Oh well, I'm sure it'll still feel brand new when I get it.

What I did see of the OP was quite good. Good job on that!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Chesskid1 said:
am i reading this right? pokemon has online video conferencing? if so, wow!

Indeed it does! Although the local video chat seems like it would be kind of worthless. :p

Gravijah said:
What I did see of the OP was quite good. Good job on that!

<3

UrbanRats

Man, the last (and only) Pokemon game i've played was Pokemon Red, on GBColor, i don't how many years ago (well, when it came out, anyway).
I remember liking it a lot, maybe a should just try and see how far has the series progressed.

Scribble

The cool thing about my playing this is that I have no idea who most of the new Pokemon are.

Btw, I've just left the pianist and drummer's house in Accumula with the biggest smile.

Chesskid1

Banned
Andrex said:
Indeed it does! Although the local video chat seems like it would be kind of worthless. :p

seems like a terrible idea for a kids game to have video chat, but very awesome that a DSi can do video chat. is it the first game to do so? so cool, i have to try it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Chesskid1 said:
seems like a terrible idea for a kids game to have video chat, but very awesome that a DSi can do video chat. is it the first game to do so? so cool, i have to try it.

Dunno, it's certainly the biggest release to include it. And I'm sure Nintendo thinks the friend code system will protect the young-uns. All the Generation 4 games had the DS's microphones turned on by default when training and battling online, too.

Really nice OP. I didn't know it supported WAP2. That's awesome. I can just use my dongle if I want to go online with any other DS games.

I'm trying to rush through DQ6 before Sunday. I don't think I'm going to make it. lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
seriously :( @ Pain Split Gengar being excclusive to HG/SS

Gengar w/ Life Orb
Substitute
Pain Split
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

I love the bastard

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Zzoram said:
What's a Pain Split Gengar?
See my post above.

Pain Split is a move which adds up your HP with the opponent's pokemon's, and splits it evenly between you and the opponent.

So if you have 6 HP remaining, the opponent's pokemon has 250 HP, and you use pain split, both pokemon have 128 HP.

A pain split gengar typically has a life orb as its item, plus Substitute, Focus Blast, and Shadow Ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom