• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzoram

GaimeGuy said:
See my post above.

Pain Split is a move which adds up your HP with the opponent's pokemon's, and splits it evenly between you and the opponent.

So if you have 6 HP remaining, the opponent's pokemon has 250 HP, and you use pain split, both pokemon have 128 HP.

Why is it unique to HG/SS?

upandaway said:
Gengar can learn Pain Split through a move tutor in HGSS

I see. Are there a lot of moves for Pokemon that can only be gained in older games?

For Pokemon with low base HP, like Gengar or Dusknoir for example, it can be used as a pseudo-healing move.

Hope I got that right.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Zzoram said:
Why is it unique to HG/SS?

I see. Are there a lot of moves for Pokemon that can only be gained in older games?
yeah, there's all kinds of them from gen 3 and on. (Yay move tutors)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Serebii says I can get a light ball in B/W (Though I always found that more of a gimmick item to be honest)

ElevenAM

Hey guys... I heard that this question was answered already, but, I am living in europe, but I will be buying an American 3DS when I get back home to the US. Will a european copy of B&W work on a 3DS?

I know B&W is enhanced for DSi, so is there a region lock on it?

Thanks!

The games really sounds incredible with the new changes. Too bad I wont be playing along with you guys this time. Triple battles and Reusable TMs will make the experience so much better and then there are all the graphical changes as well.

Oh well have fun PokeGaf.

ElevenAM said:
Hey guys... I heard that this question was answered already, but, I am living in europe, but I will be buying an American 3DS when I get back home to the US. Will a european copy of B&W work on a 3DS?

I know B&W is enhanced for DSi, so is there a region lock on it?

Thanks!
No, this is the first case of a DSi enhanced game without region-lock.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
slaughterking said:

What? There's no region locking? Where was this confirmed?

I've gotta get to the Post office today and send back one of the Whites that arrived. Stupid company got my order wrong and sent me two copies of White. Oh well. Serves me right for being greedy and wanting both.

ElevenAM

slaughterking said:

Confirmed with the european version?? Not just the Aussie version?

I am forgetting that this game will be in Spanish. :p Which means I won't be able to participate in wifi events in the US. uyy.

EDIT: correction, i can do Global wifi events I think, but not Gamestop/Toys R Us ones. w/e

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Metroid Killer said:
The games really sounds incredible with the new changes. Too bad I wont be playing along with you guys this time. Triple battles and Reusable TMs will make the experience so much better and then there are all the graphical changes as well.

Noooooo MK whyyyy? ;_;

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wichu said:
VOOK could play PAL White on a Japanese 3DS. Also, unlike standard DSi titles, the BW boxes don't state that they only work on a same-region DSi on the back.

Very interesting, though it makes the wait for my US copies even more painful, knowing that I could just walk to GAME and buy one right now. I wonder if Nintendo will do this with any future games, either on DS or 3DS.

Wiseblade

Metroid Killer said:

Wait, what? Why not?!

Andrex said:
Noooooo MK whyyyy? ;_;
Too busy with university. It was such an awesome time playing HeartGold and sharing that with Gaf, but the investment was over 700 hours, and while I can just reduce it to a more casual experience it just wouldn't be the same. Right now I just don't have the time to go all OCD on the games. So I'll rather wait till next time when I can fully dive in to the world of pokemon.

What a great OP though, have fun :)

beje

Banned
Ushojax said:
Very interesting, though it makes the wait for my US copies even more painful, knowing that I could just walk to GAME and buy one right now. I wonder if Nintendo will do this with any future games, either on DS or 3DS.

Well, time will tell if region lock is something Nintendo wanted, or if they were blackmailed by third party publishers in order to put their support on the console.

ElevenAM

Argh... I don't know whether to get the Spanish version or have someone ship me an American version, which can take weeks. -_-

If I get a spanish version, I can't use the PokeTransfer with my American Pearl version. I don't know.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OK it's hard to read the Eurogamer review and not get hyped.

Metroid Killer said:
Too busy with university. It was such an awesome time playing HeartGold and sharing that with Gaf, but the investment was over 700 hours, and while I can just reduce it to a more casual experience it just wouldn't be the same. Right now I just don't have the time to go all OCD on the games. So I'll rather wait till next time when I can fully dive in to the world of pokemon.

What a great OP though, have fun :)

You have betrayed your brothers for a whore. You are cut off! >:|

...so we'll see you this summer?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Just got White in the post. It's go time... to play this game casually.

EDIT: Oh Jesus, it just screamed at me.

EDIT2: I'm introduced to my best friends. Didn't realise making friends was so easy.

Wichu

BGBW said:
I can use the TV to learn Japanese? SUGOI!

JA NE!
I think I've spent more time watching TV in the game than actually playing it. Dr. Technic Al'Machine, you so crazy.

Merovin

GasProblem said:
So, it's autumn in everyones game right? Do the seasons change on the first of a new month?

The seasons work as follows;

Spring = January, May, September
Summer = February, June, October
Autumn = March, July, November
Winter = April, August, December

Also, with online battles, if I have someone hold a berry online, and they use it in battle, do I lose the berry?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Merovin said:
Also, with online battles, if I have someone hold a berry online, and they use it in battle, do I lose the berry?

Not in the Generation 4 games at least. Same as the Battle Frontier/Subway, I would imagine, everything is reset after the battle.

Suairyu

Banned
I hope you assholes are happy. I just spring cleaned my PS3 library to raise funds and get Pokémon White. I'm going to be playing it tonight and I'll probably enjoy it. Thanks.

:mad:

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Drkirby said:
How do you even do it?

At docs.google.com, you hit the Create New dropdown, and hit "Form." It then allows you to customize the survey, right down to the theme. It's very powerful. At the bottom, there's a link for the results in a Google Docs Spreadsheet, which you can choose to keep private, or share publicly. Then when you have a bunch of responses, you can go to the "Form" menu on the spreadsheet, and click "Show summary of responses" for a bunch of charts and graphs from the results.

Got Black on March 2nd (yay Europe!), and although I've played it for about 7 hours since then and I'm now on my way to get Victini, I don't like it as much as I liked SoulSilver. Maybe it was due to nostalgia I loved it so much, I don't know.

Dilemma

Great OT, and that Veekun site is amazing, finally something allows me to sort by total stats, and if you click on a Pokemon and hover over its double weakness, it whites out all the lesser weaknesses so you can have a clear overview.

I was looking at the pokemon trades offered/demanded yesterday, and the vast majority of offered trades were incredibly lopsided, like Japanese people who want to trade their Lilipup for a lvl 100 Genesect. :\

Hope I can trade on GAF for some more reasonable trades.

kamikaze

ok, urge to play is coming back. never finished the elite 4 in silver/gold remakes but black/white seems like it adds enough stuff to get me to go through the whole thing and maybe finally consolidate all my pokemon into one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom