• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Pad

Roto13 said:
So awful. Some of these are so bad they're funny. Like Machamp. And the creepy little Mew fetus. What the hell is Ekans doing?

Someone should take all of the new Pokemon since and re-sprite them to look like they were in Green.

VVV Holy shit! VVV

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Those always look cool...

stCuX.png

http://pokekoks.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3axnt1

(this is more GSC though)

TheOGB

Banned
Those Gen II BW sprites are beautiful

Roto13 said:
MSo awful. Some of these are so bad they're funny. Like Machamp. And the creepy little Mew fetus. What the hell is Ekans doing?
Togekiss watching a Dodrio take a shit

Anth0ny

Watch Da Birdie said:

http://i.imgur.com/stCuX.png[/IM G]
[URL="http://pokekoks.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3axnt1"]http://pokekoks.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3axnt1[/URL]

(this is more GSC though)[/QUOTE]

Holy shit this is beautiful.

Someone needs to make a RBY or GSC hack with these.

Watch Da Birdie said:

(this is more GSC though)
Why did they include Surskit, Masquerain, Spiritomb, Finneon, and Lumineon? And what is that on column 2, row 11? And it's missing some from B/W that should be there. *Nitpick*

Haha, it's very cool though.

Gravijah

"Due to the amount of people accessing the site at one time, players are currently given only one hour to access the Dream World a day."

go die game freak

go die

btkadams

yeah charmeleon looks dumb in the red/blue sprites. he's one of my favourite looking pokemon in the newer sprites (i prefer him over charizard).

Watch Da Birdie

Gravijah said:
"Due to the amount of people accessing the site at one time, players are currently given only one hour to access the Dream World a day."

go die game freak

go die

You can only send one Pokemon a day back anyway.

Plus, all you do in the Dream World is play like four different flash games.

Gravijah said:

go die game freak

go die
Don't you wish NeoGAF worked like that?

Seriously, they really can't allocate the resources to allow everyone to play whenever? That is so stupid.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
UltimateIke said:
Don't you wish NeoGAF worked like that?

Seriously, they really can't allocate the resources to allow everyone to play whenever? That is so stupid.

Baby steps.

I just finished catching a couple of decent Shelmets and I need to evolve them along with a single Karrablast.

Is there anyone available who has two Karrablasts and a Shelmet? I'd really appreciate it.

My FC: 0819 3372 0787

Wiseblade

Spr_5b_529.png

Drilbur - #529 (Adamant)
HP: 9
Att: 31
Def: 0 - 1
SpA: 27
SpD: 26
Speed: 31

3 hours of nightmarish breeding and this is the result. I got a couple with amazing IVs but the wrong nature/ability before this that really depressed me. The HP and Defense are disappointing, but it's not like Excadrill is surviving a mach punch either way.

eek5

Mank said:
Ugh, GTS. Is there any way to make it less terrible? Can't believe they didn't think to block people from asking for impossible things... and why, WHY not allow you to search for more than the limited initial amount of offers unless you change your conditions? Also... does the GTS seriously search for species by name, because there is totally a Suicune named Reshiram in my Reshiram search. Bleh, what the heck.
Any way to make all this less terrible? Is the negotiations thing actually useful, cuz I haven't tried that yet...
Yeah GTS is pretty bad. What's funny is that there is a pretty robust system in place that verifies if pokemon are "legitimate". One of the checks it does, for example, involves verifying that the pokemon's level is possible. So a Vicenti that is under level 15 wouldn't pass verification. It blows my mind that GTS then allows people to request impossible pokemon when they could just check the criteria against a system they already have in place. With that said, I'm not entirely sure why people are putting up impossible trade requests to begin with. I think there was a bug in previous versions that let you dupe pokemon so that's why they would do it but I don't really understand why they do it now and it really ruins the limited search results you get.

As for the suicine in your reshiram search, I ran into that as well. It seems like it is a bug where somebody puts up their pokemon (reshiram) and their request is filled (suicine) but it stays up for whatever reason so it'll show you the suicine they now have on their search results.

Anyway.. here are some tips I've used to try to get better search results.

- If there is gender, search twice once for male and once for female
- Then you can do a search for region: United States and Japan (UK sometimes has stuff but it seems pretty rare. Japan seems to have way more Under Level 9 requests so filtering that out usually helps)
- Check level range where pokemon spawns (i.e. 40-49 for reshiram or 50-59.. whatever it is) These people seem like they caught the pokemon and are actually trying to do a trade. The level 80-100 people rarely request legitimate pokemon

Overall though GTS is really bad. I wish they would filter out impossible requests, allow you to search for people requesting stuff you have (i.e. what can i get for x), see more results, etc. Oh well..

Watch Da Birdie

Competitive GAF...

What's a decent moveset/Nature/EV spread for Simisear? I know he's a weak Pokemon overall, but I really like his looks and want to train a decent one to battle for fun.

Boogiepop

Wow, I REALLY like Bisharp's shiny... is there any way to lower shiny rates at all this gen, or are we at the mercy of the 1/8000-or so odds?

Meier

Crap! Just killed a Cryogonal (sp?) in one hit..looked it up since I hadn't encountered any before and it was a 1% encounter rate. Sheeeeiiiitttt!

Meier said:
Crap! Just killed a Cryogonal (sp?) in one hit..looked it up since I hadn't encountered any before and it was a 1% encounter rate. Sheeeeiiiitttt!
It may have just been luck, but I caught one by using a Repel and walking with a level 31 Pokemon in the lead. I should have also seen Boldore and Woobat (since they also go to level 31), but the first thing I ran into was a Cryogonal.

I guess I raised my chances at least a little by filtering out Gurdurr and Cubchoo and any low level Boldore and Woobat.

Raxus

Gravijah said:

go die game freak

go die
Game Freak: Look at the good news though, our game sold REALLY well!

Wiseblade

Watch Da Birdie said:
Competitive GAF...

What's a decent moveset/Nature/EV spread for Simisear? I know he's a weak Pokemon overall, but I really like his looks and want to train a decent one to battle for fun.
Eh, I don't really know much about the monkeys but I'll give it a shot.

Simisear @ Life Orb
Naive/Rash 252 SAtk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
-Nasty Plot
-Fire Blast
-Brick Break
-Crunch

Mixed wall breaker (of sorts). Fire Blast should be able to Hurt Ferrothorn/ Skarmory while Brick Break gets you through Chansey/Blissey. Crunch is there to maybe dissuade Chandelure/Jellicent from setting up and laughing at your silly flame hair. If you ever get the chance, use Nasty Plot so you can do more than just tickle the opponent.

EDIT: Simisear gets Nasty Plot?!

Watch Da Birdie

Wiseblade said:
Eh, I don't really know much about the monkeys but I'll give it a shot.

Simisear @ Life Orb
Naive/Rash 252 SAtk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
-Nasty Plot
-Fire Blast
-Brick Break
-Crunch

Mixed wall breaker (of sorts). Fire Blast should be able to Hurt Ferrothorn/ Skarmory while Brick Break gets you through Chansey/Blissey. Crunch is there to maybe dissuade Chandelure/Jellicent from setting up and laughing at your silly flame hair. If you ever get the chance, use Nasty Plot so you can do more than just tickle the opponent.

EDIT: Simisear gets Nasty Plot?!

Cool. Sounds easy to make as well...Chimchar learns Nasty Plot at 23, so I'll breed that with a Pansear...now all I need to do is get a female Pansear. :p

Thanks!

Boogiepop

God, the GTS is just absolutely terrible. Try to find a foreign Ditto, and they all want either legendaries or level 100s. Anyone on here wanna trade me a non-US Ditto?

Zertez

Anyone have a female Zorua, Smeargle, or Squirtle for trade? I have most things from White for trade outside Legendaries. I have females of all the White starters.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Mank said:
God, the GTS is just absolutely terrible. Try to find a foreign Ditto, and they all want either legendaries or level 100s. Anyone on here wanna trade me a non-US Ditto?

Never had a problem with the GTS. The key is to offer your own stuff.

Wiseblade

Man, you guys use the GTS all wrong. the trick is never to search, just deposit. You can get anything you want, as long as you use the right bait. The best things to use are:

1) "one offs" - Pokémon that can only be obtained once. ( Starters, Gift Pokémon, the Elemental Monkeys, Zorua)

2) Pokémon that have low encounter ratios

3) Pokémon with low catch rates

4) Version Exclusives

5) Pokemon that can be seen in a game, but not obtained

Throw in a Pokémon that fulfils one of these criteria and you can get almost anything you want on GTS. Back in Platinum I used to breed Eevees to put up on GTS and it never took longer than a couple of days for me to get what I was looking for. In BW, I haven't had something stay on GTS for longer than 24 hours.

EDIT: Andrex and Birdie know what's up.

eek5

Wiseblade said:
Man, you guys use the GTS all wrong. the trick is never to search, just deposit. You can get anything you want, as long as you use the right bait. The best things to use are:

1) "one offs" - Pokémon that can only be obtained once. ( Starters, Gift Pokémon, the Elemental Monkeys, Zorua)

2) Pokémon that have low encounter ratios

3) Pokémon with low catch rates

4) Version Exclusives

5) Pokemon that can be seen in a game, but not obtained

Throw in a Pokémon that fulfils one of these criteria and you can get almost anything you want on GTS. Back in Platinum I used to breed Eevees to put up on GTS and it never took longer than a couple of days for me to get what I was looking for. In BW, I haven't had something stay on GTS for longer than 24 hours.

EDIT: Andrex and Birdie know what's up.

How do people find you if GTS is so horrible. :|

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Huh? I bred 'em all. :p

Oh I meant you were deliberately trading with as many people as possible to get the Master Ball from the guy in Castelia.

Edit- Speaking of, apparently I've traded with 22 people, which is a bit higher than I would have though. In-game trades from SoulSilver, my files on Pearl, Platinum, and SoulSilver, and trades with GAFers and the GTS must have added up a bit.

Wiseblade

eek5 said:
How do people find you if GTS is so horrible. :|
The GTS will match up compatible offers automatically. Not to mention all those weirdos who insist on searching for stuff.

SolarPowered said:
Anyone got any extra Karrablast or Shelmet lying around?

I just need to evolve a couple of pokemon so that I can continue to play the game.
I'm free. and I always have a free Karrablast and shelmet lying around just in case.

EDIT: What's your FC? It's not on the list.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Oh I meant you were deliberately trading with as many people as possible to get the Master Ball from the guy in Castelia.

Edit- Speaking of, apparently I've traded with 22 people, which is a bit higher than I would have though. In-game trades from SoulSilver, my files on Pearl, Platinum, and SoulSilver, and trades with GAFers and the GTS must have added up a bit.

I'm an idiot, I just minimized from Half Life 1 because I realized what you meant. Yeah, I'm going after the Master Ball. :p

Vect said:
Can you give me one? :3

Sure, what's your FC? Mine is 4813 6217 8362

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom