• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Roto13 said:
There go 51 more ultra balls.
The trick is you're trying too hard.
Throw some Timer balls at it with the battle having gone on so long.
Or just some good 'ole fashioned basic Poke balls.
You have to lure Moltres into a false sense of security.

Roto13

I don't have anything other than the three standard Pokeballs and the Master Ball. I think Timer Balls are somewhere on these stupid islands, though.... I should get those tomorrow. I'm done with this nonsense for tonight.

Roto13

Hexadecimalt said:
Save before encounter and if you end up wasting too many balls just reset. Simple, no?
I don't care if I throw 100 balls at him. I just want him to stay inside of one of them. I just "only" happened to have 51 on me.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OMG I found my Pokewalker!!

Not like it matters since:

1. I caught all Pokemon in the Gen 4 National Pokedex
2. Can't transfer items to Black/White
3. It was only really useful for me to get surfing/flying Pikachus, and those can't be transferred either

Still, I'm excited. I think I'm gonna keep wearing it until I unlock everything (in a few years...) or I lose it again.

Morokh

Busaiku said:
By any chance, does anyone happen to have a Bold/Impish non-English Cottonee or Ditto?
Really trying for a Shiny Whimsicott.

I have a lot of Cottonee to trade (French version) but you'll have to wait 'til I get home (which will be around 6 hours from now xD)

Wichu

I wonder if anyone else noticed that certain NPCs talk at different speeds (the default text speed when talking to them is different)? For example, when I talked to an old woman NPC, she spoke slower than other NPCs, and N speaks really fast compared to others. I thought this was a really neat touch, and shows how polished the game is :)

Ondore

hermit7 said:
Moltres in Soul Silver is so god damn hard to catch. Wasted like 50 ultra balls 3 different times and still can't catch it.

It's in a cave. If you're not Dusk Balling, you're not trying.

Firestorm

Roto13 said:
I don't have anything other than the three standard Pokeballs and the Master Ball. I think Timer Balls are somewhere on these stupid islands, though.... I should get those tomorrow. I'm done with this nonsense for tonight.
Buy Dusk Balls. Twice the capture rate of Ultra Balls at night or in caves.

Roto13

Firestorm said:
Buy Dusk Balls. Twice the capture rate of Ultra Balls at night or in caves.
They don't exist in FireRed. And there's no night time anyway, and Moltres is on top of a mountain. :p I know all about Pokeball effectiveness, thankyouverymuch. It shouldn't take me this long to catch Moltres with an Ultra Ball when I caught Articuno and Zapdos within 25 of them. :p

Busaiku

Morokh said:
I have a lot of Cottonee to trade (French version) but you'll have to wait 'til I get home (which will be around 6 hours from now xD)
I probably won't be available until 3-4 hours after that.
Would you still be around?

xSL4INx

Still trying to find a good combination of Pokemon for the Super Single Train. Many failed attempts so far. I've running a Skarmory stall lead, but by like round 6 or 7, I end up getting haxed and swept by a single pokemon.

Mr. Sam

Andrex said:
3. It was only really useful for me to get surfing/flying Pikachus, and those can't be transferred either

Can you not delete Surf or Fly and then re-teach it to them or do they lack the ability to re-learn it?

upandaway

30 minutes left after finishing the test = all 3 fighting dogs caught. I feel so awesome. So awesome.

Particularly because I just made do with whatever (I put False Swipt on Haxorus and Thunder Wave on Reuniclus and just went with those) I had, and it worked. Usually I go all fancy with a special Smeargle with breeding and EV training and all.

Arren

Roto13, I can go online right now! Sorry for the delay, but I spent the whole afternoon trying (to no avail so far) to tackle the Super Single Train challenges.

Let me know when you're available. :)

Roto13

Andrex said:
I wish they could. I'd like to have a Flying/Electric type that can learn Fly and isn't a legendary. I've been using Zapdos/Shiny Thundurus and they feel kind of cheap.
upandaway said:
30 minutes left after finishing the test = all 3 fighting dogs caught. I feel so awesome. So awesome.

Particularly because I just made do with whatever (I put False Swipt on Haxorus and Thunder Wave on Reuniclus and just went with those) I had, and it worked. Usually I go all fancy with a special Smeargle with breeding and EV training and all.
Dogs :p

EDIT: Great timing. What's your friend code? Is it on the list? Add me and wait for me in the room.

jman2050

Man I wish going through different dream worlds wasn't so sluggish by design. All those little delays when entering a house, checking the garden and share shelf, exchanging stuff, it all adds up over time when you're going into dozens of dream worlds every session looking for berries.

Still, I've managed to procure 4 of the EV berries, so it's been worth it. Only need Hondew and Tamato now.

Morokh

Busaiku said:
I probably won't be available until 3-4 hours after that.
Would you still be around?

There's a chance :)

Dream world won't work again today ... i'm suspecting it is because I played on my DSphat yesterday while my Dsi was recharging xD Damn !

Roto13

I can't buy Timer Balls yet in FireRed. :( Boo.

Yeah, I think Game Sync is screwed up by switching DSes. :p I think that's what was giving me problems the other day. I put my Black game in my DS Lite so I could use my DSi to play the transfer minigame.

Morokh

Busaiku said:
So what are the chances now?

Also, is there anything specific you need?
I don't have much, but I can see what I can do.

anything you hatched with an egg move would be nice, but if you don't have anything just pick any random Pokemon.

FC : 0862 3560 9885

Busaiku

Morokh said:
anything you hatched with an egg move would be nice, but if you don't have anything just pick any random Pokemon.

FC : 0862 3560 9885
How about an Encore Cottonee?
Also, my code's in the Google spreadsheet.

Morokh

Busaiku said:
How about an Encore Cottonee?
Also, my code's in the Google spreadsheet.

Already got it, that's what you'll get in his French version :D
just bring anything random :p

waiting in the wifi room

Hmm, so I got my copy of Pokémon Diamond from a friend someone I knew back. Not sure if I should try playing it. I tried Pearl when it first came out, but it's TOO SLOW for me. Eh, maybe I'll just trade it in.

Roto13

The Broken Ska Record said:
Hmm, so I got my copy of Pokémon Diamond from a friend someone I knew back. Not sure if I should try playing it. I tried Pearl when it first came out, but it's TOO SLOW for me. Eh, maybe I'll just trade it in.
If it was too slow for you then, it will be unbearable after playing White. I can't play it any more, and I wasn't bothered too much by it last year after playing HeartGold.

Schmitty

Anyone interested in Oshawott, Totodile, Cyndaquil, or Snivy? I need a Vullaby and Throah to complete my Unova dex. Pm me if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom