• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

injurai

Banned
Am I the only person here that seems to think that Victini is secretly evil behind its adorable face?

Spr_5b_494.png

it's packing heaters and smuggling blow in those baggy pants

Awesome! Don't need magmar anymore, and I dont need tyrogue egg (just wanted to avoid the hassle of getting the stats right for a hitmon top. Anything you need in return?

Nah, I've already caught everything. Is it okay if I trade you all of the eggs anyway? I've mixed them up, and I don't remember which one is which Pokémon!

My friend code is 4213 1795 5994.

Nah, I've already caught everything. Is it okay if I trade you all of the eggs anyway? I've mixed them up, and I don't remember which one is which Pokémon!

My friend code is 4213 1795 5994.

Yeah sure no problem. my FC is 0132 1814 8953 I'll PM you when I have some traders ready. Thanks!

Guys, this is my first time posting in this thread. I would do a new Thread for it (since I'm very proud and the announcements were pretty cool) but obviously, I can't.

Yesterday in Chile we celebrated a HUGE pokémon-only, fan-created, "nintendo-supported" event. The Pokémon Day Chile 2013. It was amazing.
(Why is Nintendo in-between quotes? because it was supported by the main distributor of Nintendo in the Country)[/I]

Damn, now that is one massive event. Wish I'd known about it ahead of time, so we could've given it some promotion on Bulbanews. Still, thanks for posting that here, I'll make sure that's passed onto our news team for a full writeup by them. If you're planning a follow-up next year, be sure to drop us a line.

Keropon

Damn, now that is one massive event. Wish I'd known about it ahead of time, so we could've given it some promotion on Bulbanews. Still, thanks for posting that here, I'll make sure that's passed onto our news team for a full writeup by them. If you're planning a follow-up next year, be sure to drop us a line.

I'm friends with the people behind this Event, and I'll make sure to let them know. I dropped some hours ago at the Bulbagarden IRC to let know of the announcements, but there wasn't too much interest, it seems.

You could always use it for just a little while.

You do have a rather iconic avatar though. Very recognizable.

Maybe i'll reserve it for Pokehype later this year when we all start foaming at the mouth for X and Y.
I just can't let go of old Winky here, still I appreciate the avatar for if the time comes.

Is there an easy way to check if a pokemon is legit? Somebody traded Black 2 in at work today, and I grabbed his Darkrai before putting it in stock.

I'm hoping he's legit, might be able to (finally) get a Celebi.

Berordn

Is there an easy way to check if a pokemon is legit? Somebody traded Black 2 in at work today, and I grabbed his Darkrai before putting it in stock.

I'm hoping he's legit, might be able to (finally) get a Celebi.

Easiest way is to check inconsistencies in OT, ID, SID if you have a way to see it, and location. If you can post its summary page it'd be easier to check.

Even if that all checks out it might be duped, but it's still legal in every other sense.

LeleSocho

Banned
Cynthia = Dio Brando
Main character = Jotaro Kujo
Pikachu = Iggy
Cilan =Jean Pierre Polnareff
Iris = Mohammed Abdul
Gary(?) = Noriaki Kakyoin
Drayden = Joseph Joestar

One of them is Gary, I know that much. I think the other one is Drayden, but his hair doesn't seem right...

The hair are like that because Joseph has those hair.

I'm friends with the people behind this Event, and I'll make sure to let them know. I dropped some hours ago at the Bulbagarden IRC to let know of the announcements, but there wasn't too much interest, it seems.

Our IRC team don't really have much of a connection to the news team, I'm afraid. You'd be better off posting information like that on our forums. Or sending it directly to me or to the news team.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I can't get anyone to accept trades on GTS for some reason.... They never want what I have.. Is there a pokemon that I can get in white 2 that people will want? LOL

Also, I just beat this old man in white 2 that was gonna give me N's zorua but I had too many pokemon in my party... When I came back he was gone. Did I miss my chance to get it?

Nohar

I can't get anyone to accept trades on GTS for some reason.... They never want what I have.. Is there a pokemon that I can get in white 2 that people will want? LOL

Well, from my experience:
- Try to put for exchange the same pokemon you're looking for (a Snivy in exchange for a Snivy, for example).
- Try to offer an Eevie in exchange for anything (well, not a Legendary of course). Maybe I was lucky, but I was able to get a Tepig that way. Eevie can be caught now in B/W 2 (though, their catch rate is higher than most wild pokemons).

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Well, from my experience:
- Try to put for exchange the same pokemon you're looking for (a Snivy in exchange for a Snivy, for example).
- Try to offer an Eevie in exchange for anything (well, not a Legendary of course). Maybe I was lucky, but I was able to get a Tepig that way. Eevie can be caught now in B/W 2 (though, their catch rate is higher than most wild pokemons).
Cool, ill try to get some eevie. Thanks !

Also I guess I just lost my chance at that zorau.... Fuck

Picked up Black 2 about a week ago and just got to PokeStar studios: Holy crap, this thing is the most fun side activity ever. I never got into the other activities in previous games, but the movies are fun to make and it's fun reading the script and making the film work.

I think I spent about 3 hours just making movies with my pokemon and rental pokemon.

Lol wow, my brain is struggling with this image. A thunderbolt over a Rhyhorn? Cannot compute.

Also, I just beat this old man in white 2 that was gonna give me N's zorua but I had too many pokemon in my party... When I came back he was gone. Did I miss my chance to get it?

It should still be there? I dunno what's going on there but I did the same thing and still got it.

Berordn

If you have the memory link events unlocked he'll move around a little when that's going on in there. Just head back after seeing him again on Route 6.

Boney

Banned
Guys, this is my first time posting in this thread. I would do a new Thread for it (since I'm very proud and the announcements were pretty cool) but obviously, I can't.

Yesterday in Chile we celebrated a HUGE pokémon-only, fan-created, "nintendo-supported" event. The Pokémon Day Chile 2013. It was amazing.
(Why is Nintendo in-between quotes? because it was supported by the main distributor of Nintendo in the Country)

With more than 2000 people assisting the event, it was the biggest pokémon event in SouthAmerica, with LOADS of cosplay, a huge show of community projects, a lot of pokémon shops and the biggest fan-made pokémon tournament in Chile, with more than 250 participants. And a TCG tournament with 54 people.

The distributor even brought TWO Official Nintendo CTR-streaming thingies (to show 3DSs in televisions/big screens) for the B2W2 tournament. Don't forget this is a fan-made event!

We had a flashmob doing the "mite mite ☆ kochichi", I haven't found the official video for it so I'll post it later. Also, make sure to watch the cosplays!

You can find more photos in the different galleries the assistants have been uploading at the Event's fb page. Will delete if it's too annoying.

I know you are thinking now: "I'm not interested, this was in Chile, not my own country after all"

But then again, there were three pretty interesting announcements by Nintendo for you guys, the first two are dated for March, near of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity release date.

• A physical distribution Meloetta Event was announced for two local VG Shops. (this means most likely GameStop will have its own distribution event in March, too. Since every event from GS has been applied here in those two local VG Shops.)
  • The Special Edition Pikachu 3DSXL was announced and the pre-order is now available here. (Protip: Chile uses the same 3DS system as the US. So this is an American Pikachu 3DSXL. There likely will be an announcement soon about this in the US)
  • A "Pokémon South American Challenge" was announced for next year. Meaning this will be the first fan-made, physical cross-country pokémon championship in South America.

Great, isn't it? I'm seriously grateful to the people that made this event possible. I seriously was on the verge of tears, since it was so amazing (and they showed a video from the first generations of games until today at the opening ceremony).
I'm so proud of being able to participate on it. (Think about it, we in Chile didn't have ANY kind of support nor interest by Nintendo for this kind of stuff until this).

Sorry if my English is kinda choppy!
we did?

well that's coo

well I guess I'll make the thread for you why not

Top Bottom