• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hey PokeGAF, anyone wanna make those animated Chespin pics into 100x100 (or relative, as long as the max is 100px) avatars? I wanna use them in some website.

Hmm think of the old one as a collectors edition.....as once you delete it, its gone for good since the eshop doesn't have it anymore.
I guess I will..and hide it in a folder somewhere.
Pokédex 3D has moves and details for Black & White.
Pokédex 3D Pro has moves and details for Black 2 & White 2.

There is some use for both
Oh ok thats understandable. Any speculation as what Nintendo will do about X and Y? Update the app or release a whole new one?

ffdgh

Based on your posts i take it no one here uses Action Replay for shit like Master Balls and Rare Candies lol.

Nah no need for master balls and rare candies for me since dusk balls work well enough, black tower work well for leveling up and getting money..

Tho I'll admit I have cloned me a few relic crowns and pp maxes with pokecheck.

Macka

Does anyone have a Drought Vulpix they could trade me? To be honest I don't have a whole lot I could give in return, but if there's something you need I might be able to get it.

balddemon

Banned
Does anyone have a Drought Vulpix they could trade me? To be honest I don't have a whole lot I could give in return, but if there's something you need I might be able to get it.

I think so, I'll have to check when I get home. I'm not sure if it's Drought or it's other ability, but I do know it's got damn good stats.

Nah no need for master balls and rare candies for me since dusk balls work well enough, black tower work well for leveling up and getting money..

Tho I'll admit I have cloned me a few relic crowns and pp maxes with pokecheck.

But like, that takes time lol.

zroid

Banned
I'm pretty sure you can still redownload Pokedex 3D (the free version). Unless it outright gets replaced by Pro, the original should remain in your eShop download list alongside it, despite no longer being available for purchase.

ffdgh

I basing my assumptions on that free 3ds 4 sword adventures game. They removed it from the shop and it can't be redownloaded when deleted for some strange reason.

zroid

Banned
I basing my assumptions on that free 3ds 4 sword adventures game. They removed it from the shop and it can't be redownloaded when deleted for some strange reason.

Didn't know that o_0

you may be right then, but that's seriously bizarre.

btkadams

I wonder how they'll add the Gen 6 mons in Pokedex Pro... unless they can be updated?

i don't know about the 3ds one, but the capability must be there in the ios version. i'd assume it would be the same. the fact that they've released it on multiple problems leads me to believe that they have at least thought about the future of it, so i'd think they would be updateable.

the ipad version is awesome btw. while it's expensive, i definitely recommend it. i always used the serebii pokedex on my ipad while playing the games, but i hated using a web browser. the ipad pokedex offers most of the functions of the serebii one, so it's a decent replacement.

JoeM86

i don't know about the 3ds one, but the capability must be there in the ios version. i'd assume it would be the same. the fact that they've released it on multiple problems leads me to believe that they have at least thought about the future of it, so i'd think they would be updateable.

the ipad version is awesome btw. while it's expensive, i definitely recommend it. i always used the serebii pokedex on my ipad while playing the games, but i hated using a web browser. the ipad pokedex offers most of the functions of the serebii one, so it's a decent replacement.

Understandable. I would have done an App but I had a feeling Nintendo would do this and would take me down.

I do have a few ideas to make my Pokédex more useful though

btkadams

Understandable. I would have done an App but I had a feeling Nintendo would do this and would take me down.

oh yours definitely contains more information, so the nintendo version wouldn't be a good replacement for those wanting specific details (i don't do IV/EV/nature stuff). i just used the pokedex for moves/tm/hm/evolution stuff, so using a native app just feels better for me. i think a serebii app would be pretty awesome!

ffdgh

Oh good thanks for the info serebii. Got my keldeo for my bw2 adventure.......that ended months ago
KuGsj.gif

PK Gaming

I'd buy your app in a heartbeat.

My friend got the enhanced version of the 3DS Pokedex app, and it's... a mixed bag. On top of being overpriced, it contains blatantly wrong information. Base stats are off in addition to being crude (bars instead of numbers? really???) and certain learnsets are wrong. They don't even have egg moves.

I don't want to rag on GF here, but they had the opportunity to make something special; the most comprehensive "official" pokedex, and i just can't help feel that they dropped the ball.

JoeM86

I'd buy your app in a heartbeat.

My friend go the enhanced version of the 3DS Pokedex app, and it's... a mixed bag. On top of being overpriced, it contains blatantly wrong information. Base stats are off in addition to being crude (bars instead of numbers? really???) and certain learnsets are wrong. They don't even have egg moves.

I don't want to rag on GF here, but they had the opportunity to make something special; the most comprehensive "official" pokedex, and i just can't help feel that they dropped the ball.

Hmm? I've not seen any wrong learnsets and I see Egg moves on it.

Egg moves could be explained in that they may be only listed for the Pokémon that hatch from Eggs. I always have to go through and duplicate them for each Pokémon in the evo chain when I process it

PK Gaming

Hmm? I've not seen any wrong learnsets and I see Egg moves on it.

Egg moves could be explained in that they may be only listed for the Pokémon that hatch from Eggs. I always have to go through and duplicate them for each Pokémon in the evo chain when I process it

Darn you're right, I just tested it on my friends 3DS.
as for my comment about learnsets, I heard that from an outside source on irc. I guess I assumed they were right without backchecking the info.

I guess I need to eat some humble pie. BRB.

JoeM86

Darn you're right, I just tested it on my friends 3DS.
as for my comment about learnsets, I heard that from an outside source on irc. I guess I assumed they were right without backchecking the info.

I guess I need to eat some humble pie. BRB.

They have one error on the Japanese version

HM02 is listed as Strength and HM04 is listed as Fly. The Pokémon that learn the move listed, however, is correct

Ainaurdur

Thanks! Though the thread died sooner than I expected. I guess I'll bump it back to the top when the event is a day or two away from ending.

Dang it Ike... I was going to wait until some random future date to get around to buying White 2. (Since I had just gotten White a couple weeks ago.)

But I just ordered it, should arrive by the end of the month. I'll grab my Keldeo and then not touch W2 until I finish playing through White. ;)

Edit: Oh and I uhh... may have just bought a used Blue/Black DS Lite that came with a copy of PMD:EoD. (Been curious about trying the PMD games, it just happened to be bundled, so that worked out for me.)
Now all of my crazy dreams of eventually moving my 'mons from Ruby, FireRed, SoulSilver, and White up to White 2 can come true.

What has the Pokemon X done to me? It's not even here yet! XD

balddemon

Banned
To the guy that wanted the Drought Vulpix.....sorry man, mine is Flash Fire. It's pretty good though, level 1, Timid, 31/x/31/31/31/31, and knows Ember, Hypnosis, and Energy Ball. Let me know if you still need one.

edit: sir:

EDIT: Also, does anyone know a cloning Action Replay code for Black 2?

Andrefpvs

49207665 7279206d
75636820 6469736c
696b6520 74686520
75736520 6f662063
68656174 20646576
69636573 20696e20
506f6b65 6d6f6e2c
20736f72 72792e20
4d617962 6520736
f6d656f6 e6520656
c7365206 3616e206
8656c702 0796f752

Do
NOT
actually use the above as an AR code, it's just a joke, I don't want to be responsible for messing up your game xD
I don't really know any codes.

ffdgh

To the guy that wanted the Drought Vulpix.....sorry man, mine is Flash Fire. It's pretty good though, level 1, Timid, 31/x/31/31/31/31, and knows Ember, Hypnosis, and Energy Ball. Let me know if you still need one.

edit: sir:

If all else fail use pokecheck to clone your pokemon.

Top Bottom