• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Macka

How many of you guys use the default name of the main character on your first playthrough of a new Pokemon game?

As cool as Xavier is...I much prefer to use my own name. Stopped using default names with Diamond.

My full name usually doesn't fit in Pokémon games (one letter too long grrrrrrrrr), so I used "Mack" in Blue and Silver and "Maxi" (the name of my favourite Soul Calibur character) in every game since then. I change up the name every time I do a female run, but they always stick to a theme (i.e. I was "Envy" in Platinum and named Barry "Scott").

I usually name my rival after my older younger brother, since we used to do Pokémon battles all the time back when he was into it, but changed it in BW2 as a thank-you to Ike for donating two perfect Pokémon to my team.

EDIT: Good lord Ike, you sound exactly like an accented version of my older cousin 0_0

My full name usually doesn't fit in Pokémon games (one letter too long grrrrrrrrr), so I used "Mack" in Blue and Silver and "Maxi" (the name of my favourite Soul Calibur character) in every game since then. I change up the name every time I do a female run, but they always stick to a theme (i.e. I was "Envy" in Platinum and named Barry "Scott").

barry-scott.jpg

Wonder if you were referencing this.

zroid

Banned
I always choose a custom name, which I will be doing again this time, but I'm going with Yvette because I feel that I need to rep #TeamYvette

zroid

Banned
I got so caught up next gen that I fell behind on X/Y news.

But truly, this has to be the best bird line ever?

All these new Pokemon are AMAZING.

It's pretty damn good. I was originally a bit nonplussed about Fletchling, but I've warmed to it
heh
. And Talonflame is awesome.

Stage On

So fairy type was real huh, guess I'll have to eat a murkrow on that one after how adamant I was that their wouldn't be a new type.

Kokonoe

Banned
Talonflame reminds me of Beast Wars, therefore, it is an awesome name.

Flareon can beat Cell Fire is Super Effective on Bug.

Nice thinking there.
KuGsj.gif

I love the direction in which this thread is going.

I'm saving a .txt lf that Dunsparce story since it nearly made me spew my drink all over my keyboard.

Thank you, I aim to please.

in tribute to the hero dunsparce
herodunsparce.jpg

lol best card ever.

"punchy"
"eyes"

Wiseblade

Same, and Rayquaza is like my favorite Pokemon along with Mewtwo at that.

Dragon's have just been way too good for too long.

Next step is to give Fighting Types a slap on the wrist and buff Ice a little.

Great to see that Staraptor finally has some competition for the "Best route 1 bird" title.

Macka

I wonder if Fletchling WILL be the Route 1 bird, considering his evolution is part fire. It would kind of suck to pick the fire starter and then the first choice of bird be fire as well.

Wiseblade

I wonder if Fletchling WILL be the Route 1 bird, considering his evolution is part fire. It would kind of suck to pick the fire starter and then the first choice of bird be fire as well.

Yeah but having a Route 1 bird that was something other than Normal/Flying would be worth it.

ash_ag

What primary type do you guys want Gen VI's tiny Legendary to be?

I think I'd enjoy a Poison-type one, especially if it appeared to have a rather mischievous behavior. We don't seem to be getting a Poison-type mascot, and this is the next best thing.

What primary type do you guys want Gen VI's tiny Legendary to be?

I think I'd enjoy a Poison-type one, especially if it appeared to have a rather mischievous behavior. We don't seem to be getting a Poison-type mascot, and this is the next best thing.

I want it to be mono-Dark, like some sort of imp. That would be so rad.

Scirrocco

So I didn't see anything in the OT about where trades take place. Can they be posted here?

I'm looking for a Keldeo, and a breedable Dreamworld eevee.

For trade I've got two meleotta, a deoxys, any of the Black/white 2 legendaries, a shiny excadrill, and a bunch of dreamworld pokemon for trade.

Top Bottom